• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

August vs. Trafalgar Law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people keep forgetting that August can copy and become immune to all of Law's powers and the only advantage that Law has is higher physical stats like AP and dura.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
I think it's best to see what Burning thinks.
At this point it truly isnt a matter of what Burning thinks, if a point is proven to either be false or a non-factor then the OP is duty bound to remove the votes that rely on these arguments.

Delta3000 said:
Why do people keep forgetting that August can copy and become immune to all of Law's powers and the only advantage that Law has is higher physical stats like AP and dura.
Its one of two reasons; either they are not even aware of August's abilities (which is already an issue) or they are just voting based solely on their bias

I think it's best to see what Burning thinks.
The thing is that, this 'debunked votes get nulled' argument is too troublesome and it can cause debates to get prolonged and heated. The amount of salt will be too much. I've seen it causing problems in other versus threads and I don't know how to handle it. People say it on different threads, but the votes still get counted anyway. It's like the users who opened the threads know how much trouble it can cause. So, until something about it gets added to the Versus Thread Rules, I don't know what I should do. And even in that case, I'm sure it will still be troublesome to handle.

August can start the fight off by using slowing magic, which would greatly decrease Law's speed. He runs up and uses sleep magic on him, then nukes him with that fire attack. Or you know, he uses slowing magic, teleports, and then kills him.

How about we stop the wanking. August is not nullifying Laws abilitie. First he needs to understand how said magic works then he needs to be able to use said magic in order to nullify it that's why he can't nullify holder magic. Then how is he suppose to nullify ope ope no mi when he doesn't have the fruit and can't use any of the abilities it provides?

Bepo4151 said:
How about we stop the wanking. August is not nullifying Laws abilitie. First he needs to understand how said magic works then he needs to be able to use said magic in order to nullify it that's why he can't nullify holder magic. Then how is he suppose to nullify ope ope no mi when he doesn't have the fruit and can't use any of the abilities it provides?

So who are you voting for?

@Bepo amusing U make claims ppl are wanking while u make false claims based on false information that was never even given. Pls tell us exactly where it was said August needed to "understand" the magic he was copying? In fact that wouldn't even make sense since he could nullify fairy glitter a legendary spell while he couldn't nullify Cana's simple card magic

Even if we assume he can't copy and nullify Law's abilities, he still is more haxed and has precog. Sleep Magic and Illusion Magic are more than enough to put him out of comission. And even before he tried anything with his sword, he can just distort it, leaving him without a weapon, or shove it in his stomach and kill him.

http://*********.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Chapter-526?id=349545#14

http://*********.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Chapter-526?id=349545#15

from the wiki:

August is lauded as the "Magic King" due to this particular kind of Magic, which he can notably use instantaneously; with it, August can copy, master, and then nullify an opponent's Magic after having given it witness. However, he is unable to copy Holder Magic as one cannot use Holder Magic without physically using the required tools.

U just proved urself wrong, "one cannot use Holder Magic without physically using the required tools" it's not a matter o understanding its a matter of utility, it's the same reason i cant put a bullet in a wall without a gun irrespective o whether or not i know how the gun works; August cannot summon spirits without the keys an he can't block card magic without the cards- literally nothing says understanding the magic is a prerequisite to using it

"Holder Magic" is a magic used with an object, devil fruit is not an object they use to activate their power but the source of their power the thing that gave them their abilities and for that is part of them and for that August can copy.the only way August couldn't not copy them is if the devil fruit was a for example Nami's abilities because she has no powers it's her weapons that have the power that she simply wields.

The entire concept of August copying powers sounds like NLF and you guy's are making it seem that he can copy everything even out of his league.

The entire concept of August copying powers sounds like NLF and you guy's are making it seem that he can copy everything even out of his league.
And you are just a random... He can copy any magic except for holder type magic and that's that there is no nlf in that. And please Law is not out of his league...

No he cant copy everything, he can't copy Acnologia's magic apparently and he's magic has already shown it can't copy holder type magic- it has clearly defined weaknesses. Issue here is Law's durability negation isnt out of his league, he's negged durability negation before along with time manipulation.

No one here insulted you since I never finished my sentence it was you who decided it's an insult... Plus we only talk about Law and August here so when you say "he can copy everything even out of his league" it can only be refered to Law... But I won't discuss it further so np.

August probably won't be able to copy Law's ability since it's not magic. Buuuut, August has a lot more hax than Law does, and he has no way of countering it. August's slowing magic would drastically slow Law, enabling him to teleport or just run up to him and use sleep magic or something.

Also, let's say August can copy even Acnologia's magic(which he probably can't). Once he saw just how fast Acnologia was, he knew that wouldn't help him at all since the speed difference is enormous and he would receive the same treatment that Serena got if he tried attacking him.

WilliamShadow said:
No one here insulted you since I never finished my sentence it was you who decided it's an insult... Plus we only talk about Law and August here so when you say "he can copy everything even out of his league" it can only be refered to Law... But I won't discuss it further so np.

"And you are just a random...." Please do tell me what that means.

Acnologia2415 said:
August probably won't be able to copy Law's ability since it's not magic. Buuuut, August has a lot more hax than Law does, and he has no way of countering it. August's slowing magic would drastically slow Law, enabling him to teleport or just run up to him and use sleep magic or something.
Under verse equalisation Law's powers can be neutralized

No he can't it's like saying August can copy sharingan techniques even though he doesn't have a sharingan or he can use or he can use TSB even though he doesn't have juubi chakra.

Davidsteel1 said:
Acnologia2415 said:
Wow, then August wrecks. :/

Law CAN beat August, it's not an 100% win for August otherwise this would be a mismatch, so I don't know why your all getting upset, August being able to negate laws cutting attacks is nothing but head canon and an assumption, all votes with dura neg are legit

Frozone54666 said:
Law CAN beat August, it's not an 100% win for August otherwise this would be a mismatch, so I don't know why your all getting upset, August being able to negate laws cutting attacks is nothing but head canon and an assumption, all votes with dura neg are legit
U dont seem to know what "headcanon" is, let me give U an example. Bepo's description o how August's powers work; thats headcanon. What I and others have done is made a decision based on the established parameters of their powers. Oh the idea that Law's hax is somehow superior to the hax August has already face b4 because of his higher AP- that is also headcanon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back