• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, it wouldn't. Even if it was on the opposite side of the continent (which the Earth Kingdom's fire nation colonies are), that's still much larger than what you're claiming.

Again, it wouldn't. Even if it was on the opposite side of the continent (which the Earth Kingdom's fire nation colonies are), that's still much larger than what you're claiming.
It's not really
Avoid derailing please.
My point was that if the Planet is smaller, then everything would be smaller. Including tidal effects.

Though I guess it might just be unintended issues with rapid plot progress and fast travel times.

Though I guess it might just be unintended issues with rapid plot progress and fast travel times.
I was referring to Cyber and Nierre for the light-derailing as it isn't really contributing to the thread

Pixel scaling your own lines.

2000 miles (at a complete minimum, mind you) is 332 to 753 pixels.

Whereas 100 miles is 274 pixels.

I do not stand corrected.

Pixel scaling your own lines.

2000 miles, at a minimum, is 332 to 753 pixels.

Whereas 100 miles is 274 pixels.

I do not stand corrected.
Oh right, they can't fly so just straight line distances don't work. So my lines for them ignore that they can't just skip over water and mountains.

That's a point, as well. We don't really know how much of the distance was linear.

For now, though, I don't think we should use Sozin's calculation as the be-all end-all of planet sizes here. We don't for other verses.

For now, though, I don't think we should use Sozin's calculation as the be-all end-all of planet sizes here.
I do feel like it is smaller just based on Ba Sing Se's walls being visible from space, but I don't really have the will to really hunt down other similar showings.

So I'll drop it.

Though to restate my original point the Moon doesn't have 5-C AP.

Anyway, I'll duck out again. It seems we're done with the planet size debate.
Though to restate my original point the Moon doesn't have 5-C AP.
That's agreed upon already.
Do we have information of the path they took for the whole distance?
Not really.
I mean, none of the planets are significantly smaller then the others to the point of notability. Unless you want to make the argument that their sun is smaller then our sun.
Yeah, those are definitely representations. The Avatar planet doesn't have a zillion moons in the sky during convergence.

I mean, none of the planets are significantly smaller then the others to the point of notability. Unless you want to make the argument that their sun is smaller then our sun.
Are you agreeing with me? Because this is just showing that the solar system is different placement and potentially size wise compared to the IRL one.
Do we have information of the path they took for the whole distance?
Sozin flew on a dragon, so for him it was just a straight line.

The refuges came from the area of Fire Nation colonies and had to physically walk to Ba Sing Se. The shortest route, if it was from the edges, would mean that they already made like 90% of their journey by the time they made it to the divide. Since right after it is the serpent pass and the boats.

Since I am not staff, nor am very experienced in the 'verse, my opinion doesn't matter. But after reading through the whole thread, I think DontTalk's arguments make more sense. So I lean agree with downgrade.

The conversation between Aang, Zhao, and Iroh uses "destroy" when referring to the moon's disappearance instead of saying that Zhao is going to make it "vanish". Combined with the moon's reappearance after Tui's fish form is brought back to life lends credence to Tui's energy keeping it intact. They also say that destroying it will disrupt the balance of the world. They don't say anything about how it will affect the tides or the oceans (even though it's already confirmed that the avatar moon has an effect on the oceans); instead they bring up how some metaphysical "balance" will be disrupted. Indeed, after the moon is destroyed, every waterbender on the planet loses the ability to bend. Yue had earlier said that "Our strength comes from the spirit of the moon." When Tui's life is in danger and the moon turns red, both Aang and Yue feel faint because the former is spiritually inclined, and the later literally has a piece of the moon spirit within her. And since its already been established that the two koi fish are still powerful and passively emanate energy, I believe that this satisfies requirement 2 for stabilization.

Now to talk about spiritual energy. In the spirit world, everything is made out of spiritual energy. Some of it is more powerful then others. What Bataar Jr. said there is significant cause he's comparing those vines to the ones in Republic City... the ones that Unavaatu made when he was at the height of his power. The swamp and the banyan grove tree's position on the planet corresponds to the tree of time's location between the two spirit portals (for context, the portals are at the north and south poles). Tenzin even tells Korra that the tree's roots bind the spiritual and physical worlds together. Raava and Vaatu were born from the energy from the tree of time. So what this shows is that spiritual energy corresponds to how powerful the spirit/spiritual object is. And since its been established that Tui and Lah both emanate energy... You can see where I'm going with this.

The conversation between Aang, Zhao, and Iroh uses "destroy" when referring to the moon's disappearance instead of saying that Zhao is going to make it "vanish". Combined with the moon's reappearance after Tui's fish form is brought back to life lends credence to Tui's energy keeping it intact. They also say that destroying it will disrupt the balance of the world. They don't say anything about how it will affect the tides or the oceans (even though it's already confirmed that the avatar moon has an effect on the oceans); instead they bring up how some metaphysical "balance" will be disrupted. Indeed, after the moon is destroyed, every waterbender on the planet loses the ability to bend. Yue had earlier said that "Our strength comes from the spirit of the moon." When Tui's life is in danger and the moon turns red, both Aang and Yue feel faint because the former is spiritually inclined, and the later literally has a piece of the moon spirit within her. And since its already been established that the two koi fish are still powerful and passively emanate energy, I believe that this satisfies requirement 2 for stabilization.
That reminds me that Korra is able to water bend in the spirit world while the moon is on "the normal world" so either Tui is also in the spirit world or there is another kind of problem with waterbending not depending on the moon

And since its already been established that the two koi fish are still powerful and passively emanate energy, I believe that this satisfies requirement 2 for stabilization.
If you have to dump in so much energy into doing something that you become a fish that can be shanked by anyone, that is not a passive energy expenditure. That's you crippling yourself to do something. The fact the other fish needed to use Aang as a medium to do stuff would be even more inclination that they can't do anything on their own.

If you have to dump in so much energy into doing something that you become a fish that can be shanked by anyone, that is not a passive energy expenditure. That's you crippling yourself to do something. The fact the other fish needed to use Aang as a medium to do stuff would be even more inclination that they can't do anything on their own.
You're making the assumption that them using all their energy is what turned them into fish; every instance of them assuming the form of koi says that they willingly gave up their spirit bodies to become mortal. And La can still operate without Aang as the medium.

That reminds me that Korra is able to water bend in the spirit world while the moon is on "the normal world" so either Tui is also in the spirit world or there is another kind of problem with waterbending not depending on the moon
Again, the moon exists in the spirit world.

Hahah. I noted that Korra seemed to be a bit more censored then Avatar in that factor, probably because of the generally darker tone. At one point, Vaatu says "Your friends have all been annihilated", yet in Avatar, Ozai straight-up tells Aang "Prepare to die!"
It's in both

Like they aren't allowed to say "I will kill you", but they can say "my mother was killed"

Wow, just came back to the wiki after a long while to see Avatar 5-C scaling. Seriously thought low 6-B was the ceiling for Avatar (at least with all the feats we have from the franchise now) and even that Kyoshi feat was crazy compared to the others since the highest feats before were at high 7A-6C at best.

Wow, just came back to the wiki after a long while to see Avatar 5-C scaling. Seriously thought low 6-B was the ceiling for Avatar (at least with all the feats we have from the franchise now) and even that Kyoshi feat was crazy compared to the others since the highest feats before were at high 7A-6C at best.
Well you also missed the Low 7-C/ 8-A upgrades for top tier benders

Because Nickelodeon doesn’t say kill, they say destroy
Some version of the word "kill" is used 32 times in Avatar: The Last Airbender.
The G1 prediction blog for DEATH BATTLE!'s Korra VS Storm proposed it over a year ago. Now, let's try to get Transduality for the Mother of Faces!

I'm not really seeing the 5-C aspect. I get tidal forces but only a small number of people scale to that. Roku isn't getting a High 6-A rating.
Why wouldn’t Roku, just scale him to vaatu via wan/ raava , and the reason I say possibly, is we know the avatar human realm didn’t have a moon at the beginning, (since all the spirits were in the spirits realms in the beginning and it says the moon and fish spirit gave up their physical body for the human realm at some point so we know they weren’t there at the start), I believe it’s hard to prove rather it’s gravity the reason why, the moon or the spirit is moving themselves or each by push and pulling, hence why I say possibly, because how different cosmology work in avatar than irl.

I'm not really seeing the 5-C aspect. I get tidal forces but only a small number of people scale to that. Roku isn't getting a High 6-A rating.
The "possibly 5-C" is because we don't know exactly how the Moon Spirit sustains the existence of the moon.

Why wouldn’t Roku, just scale him to vaatu via wan/ raava
It was detailed earlier. Roku and the rest don't have access to Raava's full strength. It would only be Raava, Vaatu and an Avatar that has 100% access to their full strength.

Well, I wasn't sure about the Avatar always being 5-C in the avatar state. IIRC, most avatars are only empowered by a small portian of Raava's power due to having a mini version of her in them. So I don't think that being in the avatar state makes them fully scale. Also, Wan rescuing Vaatu from Raava is more so him causing a distraction. Much like what Vegeta did to Cell. But a fully mastered Avatar state from Korra who was empowered by a fully awakened Raava should easily be above the Ocean and Moon Spirits. Also, the Ocean Spirit still has their own High 6-A feats combined with being the Yin to Ocean Spirit's Yang

Yeah, what Medeus said earlier was the idea I had going into the Koizilla crt, in that Korra post season-2 should be the only Avatar that scales to Raava's full power, but ByAsura pointing out the fact that Korra was able to match Dark Avatar Unalaq despite the size difference between Raava and Vaatu (when it was earlier established that size=how powerful the two of them are) kind of threw a wrench in that. Hence why all avatars in the avatar state became 5-C.

A possible explanation is that because a large amount of spirit energy was passing through Korra's body during HC, and likely affecting Raava, the power between Korra and Unalaq was equalized. The energy is also the reason why Raava could talk to Korra during that fight, as newer avatars have difficulty reaching back and talking to her (skip to 10:38).

It shoul
Yeah, what Medeus said earlier was the idea I had going into the Koizilla crt, in that Korra post season-2 should be the only Avatar that scales to Raava's full power, but ByAsura pointing out the fact that Korra was able to match Dark Avatar Unalaq despite the size difference between Raava and Vaatu (when it was earlier established that size=how powerful the two of them are) kind of threw a wrench in that. Hence why all avatars in the avatar state became 5-C.

A possible explanation is that because a large amount of spirit energy was passing through Korra's body during HC, and likely affecting Raava, the power between Korra and Unalaq was equalized. The energy is also the reason why Raava could talk to Korra during that fight, as newer avatars have difficulty reaching back and talking to her (skip to 10:38)
i believe only the avatar that open all their charkas and master avatar state should get the 5-c tier instead of all the avatars however if nothing contradict it I’m fine with it

It shoul

i believe only the avatar that open all their charkas and master avatar state should get the 5-c tier instead of all the avatars however if nothing contradict it I’m fine with it
That's how it is right now, though.
We 10000% should not do this.
Are you completely against 5-C Avatar in general, or are you fine with just full-power Raava, Vaatu, Koizilla and Korra post-season 2 retaining it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back