• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump

Btw, maybe we should ask some JP speaking members to translate some of the relevant texts? IIRC the Japanese script is different from an English one in DMC5, so it's worth a shot I think.

Yep, saw that. In fact that's why I mentioned it here.

I think we should get some of the Japanese-speaking members. ShiroyashaGinSan comes to my mind.

If the illusion turns out to be real then at least 4-C DMC is possible due to it containing a sun which can lead to it possibly containining more than that.

i might already have a lead, i'll let you know tomorrow, but even then, even if the japanese version turns out to be the same there's still a fairly strong base for it to be considered a creation feat

Dienomite22 said:
If the illusion turns out to be real then at least 4-C DMC is possible due to it containing a sun which can lead to it possibly containining more than that.
By sun you mean that red sphere?cuz thats all i seen in there

What red sphere? Are you talking about Urizen's fireballs? I'm talking about the obvious sunlight coming through the clouds in general.

Twellas said:
Nevermind, couldn't find a translator for that scene, btw, has mat seen our post? Has he answered?
It's... strange. I'd hate to pressure him into getting back in touch with us, but it's been over a day and he hasn't said anything on the summary post. Also, he's been active on the speed feat CRT I made so I know he could respond if he wanted to. I'm guessing, for whatever reason, he's choosing not to respond yet? We'll have to be patient regardless. :)

This is currently being discussed by me and a couple other people involved on the thread with Matthew. If Matthew agrees to the revision, then it can go through.

Just saying but if Matt doesn't respond within couple of days or a week, you guys can just drop it out and upgrade them. Waiting for nothing doesn't lead to anywhere.

Argosax feat looks solid btw.

Dienomite22 said:
What red sphere? Are you talking about Urizen's fireballs? I'm talking about the obvious sunlight coming through the clouds in general.
Any progress with that translation? I haven't been able to find a translator but i remember you mentioning someone you knew who could do it

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
Just saying but if Matt doesn't respond within couple of days or a week, you guys can just drop it out and upgrade them. Waiting for nothing doesn't lead to anywhere.
Well, it was Antvasima himself who requested that Matthew be the ultimatum on this thread. I must admit, leaving the decision of this heavily discussed thread to only one person doesn't seem like the best idea to me, but I don't exactly have any say in it and I trust Matthew to be unbiased.

ShiroyashaGinSan said:

Even ignoring Matt, there doesn't seem to be a single staff member so far who has green lit the upgrades. So I'm afraid this won't be possible.

Well to be fair, there doesn't seem to be a single staff member that commented on the thread. Only Kep has expressed his opinion and has yet to refute Paradox's points.

@Ogbu Actually a lot of staff have

And I guess Reb kinda green lit the upgrades but I made my comment before I realised this.

Hold up, since when chat mods are staff?

I'll admit I may be slightly biased, but I can see where all of this is coming from.

Well actually, no they haven't. The only staff member that has addressed the thread was Kep. The other staff members that commented only said "that's a polite OP" or "oh another one of these threads" and haven't responded to anything that has been brought up.

WeeklyBattles said:
Im 99% sure that this has all been broight up and debunked numerous times at this point
The real cal howard said:
I just want to say I really respect the OP for being so amicable. I fully expected something bad to happen in this thread and it warmed my heart to see the exact opposite.
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Tis what happens when you come off as respectful and not demanding an upgrade. Or accusing someone of being a downplayer.
All the staff replies, barring Kep, Matt and Andy. No offense meant to these people, but they really should have given proper input.

That's still commenting...

Doesn't matter either way tho, no upgrade, especially one this controversial can be applied without some staff approving it.

@One Look, he said "comment" I thought he meant "comment" that's all that happened and all my replies were based on.

Either way my point is that there is a lack of staff approval not that there is disagreement among them, so I'm not sure what difference it makes if they addressed the OP or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back