• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ogbu I get your frustration but we have no choice, that's how every revision is handled here.

To clarify about staff members, Ryukama has actually provided his opinion when I contacted him on his message wall, simply saying that he would not reply to the thread because he is neutral.

Twellas said:
Any progress with that translation? I haven't been able to find a translator but i remember you mentioning someone you knew who could do it
No, that wasn't me, I only asked for assistance for finding a translator.TISSG7Regrave asked about what needed to translated and I gave it to them but it's been left at that.

There aint any other way to translate it?Or if the "illusion" made by the fruit eaten seems more as a creation feat likely,cant it be counted as that,that would be supported by Mundus and Nightmare dimension creations

There are different ways to interpret what Urizen meant by "illusion", he could've just been referencing that the Fruit recreated their childhood home seeing as he does lie and pretends that he doesn't care for Dante and his past memories even though Dante notices that Urizen was holding back in the beginning of the fight.Everything around the "Illusion" points to it actually being real and a creation feat,quite literally the only thing holding it back from being a creation feat is just it being called an "illusion".

But it's best to try and get the translation to get a good answer and possibly a different interpretation on what Urizen meant by "Illusion".

Ogbunabali said:
I'm not frustrated, I'm neutral on this. I just disagree with the sentiment that if a staff can't/doesn't want to refute a revision, then that revision should be put on indefinite hold.
It was probably sensible before we lost half our staff.

tbh i'm trying to get the translation or understand. Though i noticed smth is that the subtitles of the text sometimes don't seem to match the words said by the characters (Unless there were other ways to say that kanji in that sentence). From what i got somewhat is that urizen mentions about creation (iirc bansho means creation) and the illusion (maboroshii iirc means illusion). However dienomite may have a point as urizen is basically vergil so obssessed with power and not caring. Plus the way it behaves sort of indicate it as a dimension and it fell once vergil returned. I can't verify properly my jap is limited sorry

The Japanese subtitles do not match the Japanese dub according to the writer of DMC5's story Bingo Morihashi.The Japanese sub is translated from the English dub.It's best to try to translate the Japanese dub directly.

Now that i see the scene again, it's not even completely clear whether he's talking about the entirety of the space they are fighting in, the house or even just the fact that he doesn't remember his past, it's overall a very unclear statement and if every single piece of evidence leads us towards believing that that's a creation feat i don't see the problem with ignoring that unclear statement, especially since as a feat it would be supported fairly strongly

The fruit is the reason of the possible creation feat right?And mundus was said he ate the fruit too before,maybe from there he got his ability to create things,like other demons and that dimension

Nah I think Mundus just had a thing creating stuff and having a Godly image, otherwise Vergil and Urizen would be using those creation powers as well on a greater scale than Mundus.

I mean its the same guy that debunked 3-A dmc long long long ago,chances for him saying ok to that are slim,honestly the decision shouldnt be left to one person only for the verse

yeah, it's pretty inpractical to have a single guy do all the work, the guy is the one who debunked universal DMC in the first place, no way in hell he's gonna agree.

I agree that one person shouldn't be gatekeeping the revisions, but not giving him a word because he opposes the idea is not a good thing, to say the least.

EDIT: Nvm, nobody was saying anything about the latter. RIP my reading comprehension

Why is the guy the one and only that gotta accept for dmc if it gets an upgrade or not,also from an older thread even after being told nightmare just teleports you to the dimension and that the beings there are illusions only,he kept insisting none was real,argosax feat was also argued by him not being legit either

No offense but,judging by his opinion and words he has on the verse,it looks like bias against dmc and any potential upgrade for it

Also i mentioned this before,in dmc1 its stated about Pluto arriving on a promised date to separate the human and demon world(which dmc3 says about that separation),while the dmc wiki isnt the best to rely on,it says Mundus is known as Pluto too,this could be another feat to go along argosax and mundus dimension

Once again, the Pluto thing was retcon by the DMC3 manga which says the human world and demon world were already seperated by an unknown event long before Mundus and Sparda were a thing making it impossible for the Pluto prophecy to occur, because it's a prophecy which means it hadn't happened yet.

BlackDarkness679 said:
No offense but,judging by his opinion and words he has on the verse,it looks like bias against dmc and any potential upgrade for it
Don't make baseless accusations just because the man has a different opinion to you.

@BlackDarkness679 It can't be anything but a retcon, the prophet says that Pluto will seperate heaven (demon world) and earth (human world) but that's literally impossible seeing as they are already seperated as told by the DMC3 manga.

@LephyrTheRevanchist

He didn't really make a baseless accusation, he gave some reason for believing it.

The Pluto thing just doesn't fit at all in general because the prophet was speaking about the future when the universe split happened in the past.

@LephyrTheRevanchist i didnt accuse anyone for your info,just said based of how it looks like it seems like that,read before you accuse others of accusing someone

@Dienomite22 man... i already got that...what i asked afterwards is,if the split was pluto doing instead of the event dmc3 manga stated,if it wasnt retconned,then it would have been legit?

I will not talking about anything else but

"Joe was rated as galaxy level lore wise, however, he was unable to destroy a single planet in his giant mech."

This. Stop it.

This BS logic has been used so manytime i am sick of it.

It we use this logic then don't even dream that alot of verse stay as place they are now.

Hizack123 said:
"Joe was rated as galaxy level lore wise, however, he was unable to destroy a single planet in his giant mech."

This. Stop it.

It we use this logic then don't even dream that alot of verse stay as place they are now.
What are you referring to? Did you comment on the wrong thread?

DarkGrath said:
Hizack123 said:

This. Stop it.

What are you referring to? Did you comment on the wrong thread?
Toshiohex post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back