• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
So:

Suzumi:

• Ardey, one of Suzumi's personalities, can use their ability, Trace, to "rewrite facts". Now, I'm hesitant about giving them anything for this because...
  • Ardey makes constant reference to "rewinding", mentions rewinding history at some point, and explicitly says that they do so with Trace. As a result, I'd say Suzumi should have Time Manipulation, specifically rewinding time; their ability to "rewrite facts" is more likely them changing the course of history so that the facts effectively change. But who knows.
Yabusame:

• While Yabusame already has resistance to Suzumi's memory alteration, Ardey also mentions that rewinding doesn't work on them, so they get resistance to Time Manipulation too.
  • Ardey also says they don't die when you kill them. I have no idea what this means, but they said it.
Yago:

• Yago seemingly retains their complete memories and knowledge of Suzumi's time loops. They should likely have some resistance to Memory Manipulation at the least, but they may have just pieced together the truth from their deja vu.
Clause:

• Speaking of, Clause is immune to Suzumi's powers, so they get it too. Guess Clause isn't totally useless.

Here's all the relevant quotes.

Suzumi:

New Emperor Team, Extra Scenario, versus Suzumi Kuzu;

• Ardey: Y'see, it's not rewriting memories, exactly... Hm~m. In short, it's basically the power to rewrite facts?
Secret Team, Neutral Scenario, versus Fujiwara no Iyozane;

• Ardey: You keep playing deaf and I'm rewinding on the spot.
  • Hamee: Eeh~? But why~?
  • Ardey: I don't wanna make history we don't know ourselves.
Secret Team, Neutral Scenario, versus Yabusame;

• Ardey: To rewind history is to know the future. I don't want to do anything that discards this advantage.
Yabusame:

Secret Team, Neutral Scenario, versus Yabusame;

• Ardey: Rewinding doesn't work on them, and the effect of memory manipulation is weak...
  • Ardey: Ugh, not only does rewind not work, but they won't die even if you kill them.
Clause:

Apologies for Clause's incomprehensible speech.

Evanescent Existence, Suzumi v Clause;

• Clause: The "coincidental similarity" that we each know the other's "secret".
  • Clause: You wish to erase all those who know "the secret of your ability".
Secret Team, Neutral Scenario, versus Clause;

• Clause: Thank you. "Something like that" is not enough to kill "those with power", such as I.
  • Clause: You speak quite "brazenly", but do you think that I know nothing about "you lot"?
  • Ardey: They... How much do they know?
  • Clause: As usual, "you lot" think that "I, Clause" can be defeated easily. You truly are "shallow", aren't you?
  • Hamee: How should we deal with them?
  • Ardey: Can't erase 'em now.
Yago is more obviously them just being smart and figuring it out from deja vu.

1. Time Manip seems like the best option to me, yeah.

2. Seems fine. If the "can't die when killed" thing has nothing more than this statement, I don't think it can be conclusively applied.

3. Pretty sure that'd be some form of Type 1 Acausality instead of resistance to memory manip. At least I think that's how we treat it.

4. Seems fine too.

2. Yeah, that's it.

3. The issue is, rereading it when I was less tired, I found that the conclusion made there was that Yago was affected, but was smart enough to piece together what was happening through deja vu.

Not at all. Up to that point, Shirou also had the incredible power of not dying when he was killed.

Anyways, I was also thinking that it may be best to adjust some things; bump most characters down to just City level (no at least) and give them Unknown speed, as, though all of Lumen's attacks are light-based, their most unambiguous lasers are instant.

Bump. Want opinions on that last part before I get started on the rest.

Yeah, I'll get that done then.

Back