• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Assessment Test for Future Calc Group Members

1. 25 in all by overlapping combinations, only 3 triangles without overlapping

2. 30

3. IDK

4. IDK

5. He is a cannibal who eats in outside in the woods

>All those facebook tier test.

Good thing that we don't evaluate calc members with those awful questions. The 4) be like: "we going to create our unique 'mathematical' law and anyone who can resolve it is smart"

I was about to say if this was legit~ Than I looked at the board than facepalmed. I'm amazed if even the greatest calcers on this wikia can get these correct, surely, No, No, Even perhaps those people from the Physics Forum will be blown away~ (I'll let myself out of this thread now)

True, the method that they give for the solution is something I've probably never learned before.

Let me entertain you with a simple math problem:

Two animals, a mule and a horse, are carrying sandbags across a road. The horse, already tired, see the mule feets away, and complains for no waiting for it; the mule turns and respond "stop complaining and being loud. I'm carrying two more sandbags than you, and even if you give me one of your sandbags in order to help you, you'll still complains even though I have twice your weight"

How many sandbags are the mule and hourse carrying.

EDIT: Changed the bad joke, er, typo.

^ What Nonsense is this! The sandbags are carrying the horse?? Gee, where can I get these sandbags from. :( One day, Just one day...

Ehh, nop? To make it clear, X subject is lifting 2 more bags than Y subject; Y subject gives to X subject one of its bags, and then X have twice the charge of Y. Pretty simple.

I should have going straight, but I wanted it to sound confusing. It didn't as I though...

Ah, well it's true they say life is just a journey looking for an answer.

I guess that truly is the answer he was looking for if so.

... As I though, the problem has more sense in spanish, or did I mistranslated? Carrying is synonimous of lifting iirc, and no, isn't 42 nor life, just follow the second example.

42 was a joke.

And the problem lies in at the end when you said How many sandbags are carrying the mule and the hourse. Youre asking how many sandbags are carrying the mule and horse, the way you want to say it is How many sandbags are the mule and the horse carrying. Which is asking how many sands bags they're carrying opposed to how many sandbags are carrying them.

Yes, my stupid mistake, its was a mistranslation then, or gratical error (whatever is called).

Next time, I'll post a circuit exercise.

Nah dude, we're just joking.

Of course another problem is we dont actually know the horse's weight to begin or the weight of a single sandbag to calculate the problem with with so the mule having twice his weight means nothing when we dont know his weight and we can't figure out the horse's weight via sandbags as we dont know how much a single bag weighs.

Weight (in kg) is irrelevant, when I say weight, I was meaning the charge itself (number of sandbags).

Maybe I should make a Mathematical Challenge for y'all in December, I could see it being interesting. I'll give y'all a run for your money. Integral and proof style~ (Too much spoilers, I'll see y'all in December ;) )

See ya then, Giygas. But talking seriously, most of the calculators don't known integrals, or in my case, remember it; integrals aren't even necessary here.

1. 24 Triangles (Mental Math. Look it up.)

2. 30 Balls (There would have to have balls within lower layers to hold them all up.)

3. The 5 Rows are shaped in a 5-Pointed Star formation.

4. 138, 150, 180 (The puzzle was so inane, the answers were shown anyway.

5. Because the Dinner happened before the murder ("After They" was mentioned, but no comma was mentioned in such a moment of a thing. A simple MINDTRAP puzzle for those who like playing it.)

Sorry for ruining this "Cruel Joke"; I thought this was a legitamite test based on actual calcing. Maybe someone can make such? Can't forgive myself for the answers I guess... What is my overall score though? Just for fun, that's all. Someone will have to hide my spoilers though... DX

BMHKain said:
1. 24 Triangles (Mental Math. Look it up.)
2. 30 Balls (There would have to have balls within lower layers to hold them all up.)

3. The 5 Rows are shaped in a 5-Pointed Star formation.

4. 138, 150, 180 (The puzzle was so inane, the answers were shown anyway.

5. Because the Dinner happened before the murder ("After They" was mentioned, but no comma was mentioned in such a moment of a thing. A simple MINDTRAP puzzle for those who like playing it.)

Sorry for ruining this "Cruel Joke"; I thought this was a legitamite test based on actual calcing. Maybe someone can make such? Can't forgive myself for the answers I guess... What is my overall score though? Just for fun, that's all. Someone will have to hide my spoilers though... DX

It owuld be more than 24, since there is the entire triangle.

(Why does everyone keep using the damned ":^)" emoticon... (UGH...))

Why I chose my answers:

1: On the top part of the puzzle, there were 6 individual shapes, fused or not. By using the simple Mental Math mechanics, it was a literal joke, thus isn't worth being part of a true test. Unless you people tricked my by including Trapezoids (Quadralaterals without a pointy tip. Not allowed to be triangles.) Strike 1.

2. Well, someone must use their head! The bottom two layers require another copy of the top two layers. This 8 is 9, 12 is 16. 1+4=5, 5+9=14, & 14+16=...

Yep. 30. Strike 2.

3. To put the 5-Pointed Star myth to rest, I meant each side was like a pentagram line creating, actually, I don't want to show any spoiler anyway. XP Strike 3.

4: Don't get me started on it. It was like a puzzle in a final round of idiotest of GSN fame.

5: The reason the couple went on a date (I guess the guy got ticked?) before the legit murder happened is a simple punctuation clause that is the equivalent of Eats, Shoots, & Leaves mixed with MINDTRAP. Thus, I dunno how this got ruined as an answer.

STRIKEOUT!

Unless I'm missing something obvious on the first two puzzles...

1) and 2) were pretty: in 1) there were 3 base triangles in top with 4 lays, plus 2 combinations possible and the entire triangle, those ate 6 combinations, so finally, 6*4 = 24; the question in 2) is ambiguos, "how many balls?", but balls that I can see or should be in there to sustain the structure? Cheap tactic from facebook people, anyway, square numbers addition, 1^2 + 2^2 + 3^2 + 4^2 = 30 sphere should be in there; how many balls I can see, 16 if I remember the pic good.

3) Not native english, not get the "joke" at time. However, no math involved.

4) This one is awful.

5) No math involved neither.

And still no one has resolved my problem.

I guess I can answer it, because why not? The answer is 12 for when you add them up in total, simply because the the first one had to of had to had 8 sandbags, while the other one would've had to of had 4. The answer could've been easily answered like this: x=8m+4h. so the mule originally would've had one less, and the horse would've had one more, so 7m+5h. As you can see the mule still would've retained the two more sandbags in the very original thing.

Edit: I swear if I got this wrong, I'm definately gonna slap someone with a fish.

That answer could have been true if animals would actually intercharge the bags, they never did that.

Back