• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VSBW typing contest

GarrixianXD

University Enthusiast
Any/All
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Administrator
Content Moderator
Translation Helper
We all get tired of powerscaling at some point so let’s do something fun. It’s not a real competition and this is simply intended for entertainment, so enough said, let’s host a typing game.

If you’re interested in participating, go to https://monkeytype.com and do the 10-word typing test. In order to switch the mode to the 10-word typing test, click on the "words" section on the upper-centre bar of the screen then on the right-hand side of the bar.

After you're done, screenshot your results and post it as a comment below. Also, please be a good sport and don't change your results with inspect elements, otherwise, it wouldn't be so fair, would it?

Alright, enough said, let the game begin!

1. GarrixianXD (200 wpm)
2. BreezeHM (185 wpm)
3. Shmooply (171 wpm)
4. Nullflowerblush (162 wpm)
5. Baken384, Maizesoup (159 wpm)
6. SunDaGamer (139 wpm)
7. Aguywhodoesthings (137 wpm)
8. Phoenks (136 wpm)
9. Nierre (135 wpm)
10. EliminatorVenom (129 wpm)

Flashlight237 (87 wpm)
Dereck03 (100 wpm; poor man got a broken L key)
Propellus (100 wpm)
Arceus0x (103 wpm)
SuperStar (109 wpm)
RandomGuy2345 (110 wpm)
ZeedKZ (126 wpm)
Kachon123 (128 wpm)
Mr.Bambu (128 wpm)

Last edited:
2eCRXL2.png

Thanks, although you do type way faster than me in the span of 3 seconds lol

Thanks, although you do type way faster than me in the span of 3 seconds lol
It takes a lot of practice; that record took me a few months. Few of my friends were able to reach up to 280 WPM within weeks, well, mainly because they do piano.

It takes a lot of practice; that record took me a few months. Few of my friends were able to reach up to 280 WPM within weeks, well, mainly because they do piano.
I've done this before when I took a typing class last year, so technically it got better when my average typing speed was like 57wpm at the time.

I've done this before when I took a typing class last year, so technically it got better when my average typing speed was like 57wpm at the time.
Ah, typing class, I remember taking something like that in elementary. It was boring for me ngl xD

I have never really done prerequisite courses on typing.com but rather just straight-up typed a bunch of paragraphs.

image.png

Okay, this was a pain for a few reasons, first the L on my keyboard is kinda bronken.... The key so sometimes it's uncomfortable to press it, I have to buy a new key, and 2nd I hardly ever type fast in English so....​

image.png

Okay, this was a pain for a few reasons, first the L on my keyboard is kinda bronken.... The key so sometimes it's uncomfortable to press it, I have to buy a new key, and 2nd I hardly ever type fast in English so....​
Congratulations Dereck, you're almost 50 percent there to be the first on the leaderboard

Hey, at least on the bright side, a broken L means a W so you're never taking the L

I hit 84:
5EQBYSK.png

Likely because of how small the character counter can get, I had ratings of 119 wpm over a single word at some point. My most consistent sprints can hit into the 90s, however.

Update: I hit 87:
Jb3IrzC.png

I got three spikes going into the 90s.

Last edited:
I hit 84:
5EQBYSK.png

Likely because of how small the character counter can get, I had ratings of 119 wpm over a single word at some point. My most consistent sprints can hit into the 90s, however.

Update: I hit 87:
Jb3IrzC.png

I got three spikes going into the 90s.
Keep practicing, it takes dedication to maintain consistency.

d9nWX5O.png

could've been better and this is the highest result i've gotten in a few tries.

I haven't written anything in ages and i am still getting used to my PC setup and new keyboard. I would definitely get higher results back in the days but i've gotten very rusty since then.

Back