• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't, it's listed as a legitimate overtime Reality Warping feat. Just because it doesn't fit your double standard narrative doesn't mean it matters
You countered my point by what? Referencing an Attack Potency Feat?
Why does Attack Potency not count? Because it catches your BS regarding this or some shit? If we're discounting stats we very well should be discounting random ass P&As with NO potencies discussed, VERY WELL contradicted considering another character with "disease resist", Spider-Man, can get sick just fine, and could just be stated in the guidebooks
Naruto, The DCEU, Invincible I believe and many more
Do any of them have hundreds of thousands of issues? Do any of them have every opportunity they could possibly be given by God to show P&As and statements yet they don't?
Most of these abilities you deem wankish would barely influence their battles and would literally just be there as an indexing thing
...Diseasehax resist is REALLY relevant against alotta characters? Hell you're basically immune to a **** ton of supplementary abilities like Radiation Manipulation and Biological Manipulation by having it
In some cases they’re simply explanations for how powers work and again, we’ve decided the guidebooks can’t Be used for scaling since they’re so often contradicted and I’ve seen nothing saying we can’t use them for abilities
I am saying it right here and now that you're trying to find loopholes in the statement to further P&A wank
If I’m wrong please correct me and if not, feel free to make a revision
I can very well not make a revision if my point is made right here and now, all the verse supporters are here to check it.

In fact, straight up, what about P&A not listed in the guidebooks? If you're willing to take Guidebook's word on what powers they have, them not being listed there implies Marvel may as well have retconned them, then why shouldn't WE remove them, huh?

Impress, as usual you are most likely factually correct, but you also need to make an effort to be polite and avoid any personal accusations.

Doesn't, it's listed as a legitimate overtime Reality Warping feat. Just because it doesn't fit your double standard narrative doesn't mean it matters
It doesn’t because we don’t use actual AP feats which this is
Why does Attack Potency not count? Because it catches your BS regarding this or some shit? If we're discounting stats we very well should be discounting random ass P&As with NO potencies discussed, VERY WELL contradicted considering another character with "disease resist", Spider-Man, can get sick just fine, and could just be stated in the guidebooks
Because we’ve had several threads finding the guidebooks power ratings blatantly and categorically inconsistent with nothing implying the powers they raise are

If you have an issue make a CRT dude, that’s how it’s works
Do any of them have hundreds of thousands of issues? Do any of them have every opportunity they could possibly be given by God to show P&As and statements yet they don't?
...Diseasehax resist is REALLY relevant against alotta characters? Hell you're basically immune to a **** ton of supplementary abilities like Radiation Manipulation and Biological Manipulation by having it

I have never once seen someone get Resistance to biological manipulation because they resist diseases

I am saying it right here and now that you're trying to find loopholes in the statement to further P&A wank
Nice appeal to motive, very mature
I really don’t care about Marvel Scaling because it’s too inconsistent
I can very well not make a revision if my point is made right here and now, all the verse supporters are here to check it.
You kind of can because it’s a separate situation that would have much larger implications for other verses

I don’t get to just make a huge revision without a crt on a mostly unrelated thread so why do you

Thems the rules, follow em
In fact, straight up, what about P&A not listed in the guidebooks? If you're willing to take Guidebook's word on what powers they have, them not being listed there implies Marvel may as well have retconned them, then why shouldn't WE remove them, huh?
Because that’s stupid; if they’re shown in the works they happen.
This is a strawman and you know it because no one’s saying the guidebooks depictions are >> the comics

I’d also ask if you can not make personal accusations here because really it’s uncalled for

Y’know you should’ve just led with those scans instead of using a guidebook yes?

Can you find direct scan links and preferably issue references for the disease resistance occasions please?

Also, Impress is a she, not a he.

Anyway, is somebody who knows how to edit properly willing to apply what has been accepted above?

Most of this seems fine, but you should preferably add source references to the profile pages when you add it.

Resistance to time stop is a loophole in Jormungand's ability against mythical beings, so it should not be granted to all Asgardians or otherwise.

The Destroyer also grew to 2000 feet mainly due to Odin's power. It is not an inherent ability.

Regular Thor and The Destroyer harming Hela at times is mostly due to that she is extremely inconsistent in her portrayals. Scaling them from her seems very unreliable.
So except for the above and that handbooks seem to not be allowed for powers either, in this case resistance to disease, it seems like this has largely been accepted.
I think this is what needs to be done.

However, there was some controversy regarding whether we should use the handbooks as a basis for resistance to disease.

I think that specific page for Odin's abilities is pretty off. Like, let's look at this specific line:
unknown.png

So, according to this guide, Odin cannot teleport normally, read thoughts, travel through time or move worlds. And on Odin's page, it says he can Time Travel, Teleport, Manipulate Minds and can pull planets across the Universe. So this page here seems pretty contradictory towards a lot of his page.

I think that specific page for Odin's abilities is pretty off. Like, let's look at this specific line:
unknown.png

So, according to this guide, Odin cannot teleport normally, read thoughts, travel through time or move worlds. And on Odin's page, it says he can Time Travel, Teleport, Manipulate Minds and can pull planets across the Universe. So this page here seems pretty contradictory towards a lot of his page.
well, this is a problem, maybe i should completely remove the Handbook from the list

Also replasing, the scan of Odin-Force's declaration of Creation, here odin Recreates Asgard in Fear itself #2

Yes, the handbooks rather consistently severely downplayed the characters rather than make a serious effort, as we are doing.

Last edited:
That's not what the image shows.
Regeneration (Low-High): Armor regenerates when it finds a new host-Thor Vol 1 #381
Ok but less pages for it would be good.
That doesn't seem to be what it says?
Can't see the link.
Range: Interdimensional or low Multiverse (his energy rays can cross entire dimensions)
I don't agree with it but it's the former, the other powers before this were fine to me and I'll see the rest later.

That's not what the image shows.
fair
Ok but less pages for it would be good.
ok
That doesn't seem to be what it says?
why do you say it? It is said that when Odin created it, the other Gods gave him part of their divinity, if that is not Blessed I do not know what it can be.
Can't see the link.
link
I don't agree with it but it's the former, the other powers before this were fine to me and I'll see the rest later.
then what would it be? If being able to attack from another dimension is not range, what could it be?

also add a few extra things at the end.

Is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here?

Large size (type 2)-Surtur's height is 1000 ′ (304.8 m) according to Marvel Database Wiki
Sorry but we can't use that.
Loki

LS: Class Multi-Galactic(the universe is being destroyed by entropy, so it got smaller but still contains super-clusters), Black Hole Creation/manipulation, Deconstruction, Omnipresent(only space), Body control-Galaxies, stars, nebulae, black holes are part of Gorr now and he can use it in an offensive way, Gorr stomach a black hole can deconstruct matter at the molecular level-King Thor issue 4
It's Nigh-Omnipresense when it's only something like space.
Gorr saga definition of universe
Does this mean that Universe, Creation, and Cosmos were used as a substitute for Multiverse in King Thor storyline?

According to Jason Aaron, he was using other words as alternatives to Multiverse, though this is just an author statement so take it with a grain of salt.
Only in that "Gorr fused with the universe" part.
Purification (type 3): Can remove petrification on a planetary level-Fear itself vol 1 #7.3
Which part says it's on a planetary level?

The rest is good.

Well, his official height according to the Marvel handbooks is roughly 1000 feet, but different artists will obviously draw him at different sizes anyway.

Thank you. Please write a list of which pages that you need unlocked.

Thank you. Tell me here when I should unlock them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back