• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Artifact and Dota 2 content revision and addition thread

Oracle: Should have Acausality (Type 3, can still exist unless killed throughout the entire multiverse)

Faceless Void: Instinctive Reaction (Comes from his Backtrack ability, he is able to instantly react to attacks even while stunned/disabled), Psychometry (Can gain information from samples of time, "The spikes on the wrist are said to sample the flow of time, while the runes report the findings to the wearer.")

And there's a feat in the comic where in Underlord's Firestorm creates a large smoke cloud that can be viewed from a long distance, I hope this can be calc'd. Feat here

I called Weekly here, since he's the only admin who supports this verse. I could call other people and atleast orient them on why I proposed these.

Okay. It is probably best to ask more people.

Not exactly nose deep into DoTa lore (Not even into the gameplay considering the toxicity of it) but this seems a o good

If he's entirely outside of time, he could be a form of Type 5. But, it could also just be Type 2 for being able to move completely freely through it

Wdym being entirely outside of time? FV comes from a realm outside of time, does that count? Also, he can freely move through it since he has no place in the flow of time, requiring him to lock himself in time with equipment.

Yeah, seems like Type 5 because he's not actually supposed to have a place in Casuality

Or Type 2 because the only places he has in the timeline are the places he goes to in the timeline

Let's just wait for Weekly to come here, if he does come. In the meantime I'll get people who know nothing about the verse to evaluate this.

That's some good solidification for FV's speed. I'm not knowledgeable enough on Acausality but going by that definition Oracle seems to meet it.

Thanks, but I have another question. Does being skilled in riding horses qualify for Vehicular Mastery? Sounds odd, but on the page it says:

Vehicular Mastery pertains to characters that have extreme skill Piloting/Driving various types of transport.

Obviously, horses are a kind of transport. Does that count?

An interesting question here is if we could scale some of the Vrogros (Underlord) and Darkterror (Faceless Void) in profiles of other characters? I would like to make a profile for Doom but the whole thing about the fractal walls of Foulfell is something that is very confusing. Also... are the Seven Planes universes or just different points of view of the universe? I was digging into Gamepedia to find something that we could scale but I completely forgot about Artifact.

There's not much we can get from the demons of Hell such as unholy trinity of Doom, SF and SD. Artifact will be coming soon, so there's that. I made a blog post about the profile of Doom btw

Faceless Void doesn't scale to anyone right now since he exists outside of time and can destroy a timeline if angered, so no. Underlord can scale to Legion Commander but the latter is featless, and I have shown a possible feat that Underlord and Legion can scale to.

The Seven Planes are dimensions, I guess.

Also, what do you think of my acausality proposal for Oracle and Faceless Void? (if you can understand acausality)

For Darkterror seems like an obvious choice and... is pretty legit. Nerif (Oracle) I don't think he could have Resistance to Fate Manipulation, but the whole oracles thing made me question if he literally can push fate like a mosquito. Type 1 is sure something that he could gain. By the way... Darkterror should have the Type 3 Acausality because he can actually travel back in time and if you kill him the moment previous of his time travel there would be no consequences for him. My argument? Faceless_Rex

Verdict:

Type 3 Acausality for Oracle (Can still exist after an Oracle or more dies in a timeline, as shown here )

Proof that Faceless Void has Immeasurable speed, and Instinctive Reactions (He has no place in the constantly moving flow of time, and is not locked with its flow. Which allows him to move backwards and forwards in time, examples include his Backtrack ability where he jumps back to the past to avoid attacks)

Yet to be approved:

Faceless Void's acausality (Types 2, 3 or 5, maybe all of them lol. If he's entirely outside of time, he could be a form of Type 5. But, it could also just be Type 2 for being able to move completely freely through it. Type 3 Acausality because he can actually travel back in time and if you kill him the moment previous of his time travel there would be no consequences for him. My argument? Faceless Rex)

And a feat of Underlord burning a city which results in extremely large smoke clouds.

Can you summarise the reasons again, to be on the safe side?

WeeklyBattles said:
Yet to be approved:

Faceless Void's acausality (Types 2, 3 or 5, maybe all of them lol. If he's entirely outside of time, he could be a form of Type 5. But, it could also just be Type 2 for being able to move completely freely through it. Type 3 Acausality because he can actually travel back in time and if you kill him the moment previous of his time travel there would be no consequences for him. My argument? Faceless Rex)

Faceless Void's Psychometry (Proof taken from here: The spikes on the wrist are said to sample the flow of time, while the runes report the findings to the wearer.)

How about this?

Psychometry seems good, but I'm not certain about acausality yet, he may still be affected by events that happen to him but he's able to time travel effortlessly.

He's got acausality because he has no place in time, he's not in the past, present or future. He needs to lock himself in it. Since he's not in any of those, he can't have his future changed or paradoxed.

Speaking of which, there should be something like this in his speed section:

Speed: Infinite when locked, Immeasurable when unrestricted (insert justification for immeasurable speed here)

I suppose that the rationales for immeasurable speed and acausality seem to make sense.

No. Being outside of time doesn't grant you type 5 acausality, by any means.

Being outside of it would grant you Type 1 (maybe even type 2 if further specified), and type 4 if you transcend time.

"Darkterror the Faceless Void is a visitor from Claszureme, a realm outside of time. It remains a mystery why this being from another dimension believes the struggle for the Nemesis Stones is worth entering our physical plane, but apparently an upset in the balance of power in this world has repercussions in adjacent dimensions. Time means nothing to Darkterror, except as a way to thwart his foes and aid his allies. His long-view of the cosmos has given him a remote, disconnected quality, although in battle he is quite capable of making it personal."

"Hailing from the realm of Claszureme, Darkterror is a being for whom the laws of spacetime do not apply. The Faceless Void knocks opponents out of this dimension, pausing and stunning them with Time Lock. He fast-forwards through space, stepping past obstacles while backtracking any damage taken. Nearby enemies are exposed to Time Dilation, slowing not only their movement, but also the rate at which spells can be cast. Darkterror rips opens a rift to Claszureme, bringing all except himself to a complete standstill. Frozen in time, foes can only stand oblivious as the Faceless Void dismantles them from within the Chronosphere."

I've got more sources, what do you think?

I already proved that actually.

Here:

It is said that to wear the jewel is to pierce the flow of time, to witness a thousand seasons unfold in a day, and to walk unhindered through ages past and future.

Pretty self-explanatory. This isn't even hyperbole, since he has Time Travel already in his profile coming from his Backtrack ability.

"For a traveler from Claszureme, one's place in the flow of time is uncertain. These runes help ground the wearer within time's march."

He is completely unrestricted by time, and it flows without him which allows him to move freely through time.

Also, his Backtrack ability shows him jumping back in time to avoid attacks.

Back