• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Argument against the Danganronpa downgrades

For context, the original thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2038577

The thread that contained the downgraded feats: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Muhammedmco/Danganronpa_-_Mukuro_Gotta_Go_Fast!

Pretty much every other downgrade in that post sounded fine, but this one in particular seemed like a very iffy downgrade.

tl;dr, the bullets appearing to be frozen to Mukuro is what the narrative heavily implies and any other explanation would make literally no sense.

Lemme preface this by saying that I will be using the non-localized version of Danganronpa IF, since that is the original japanese version and is the most reliable. This is the translation of that .

"With this final thought, even her emotions came to silence. The air froze around her as she bolted through the gaps between the bullets. And at the same time, her heart also froze over, transforming itself into a machine. It took only several seconds for her body and mind to meld and become one with the air around them, covering the battleground with her temperature."

If I'm being fair, I can understand why the downgrade happened- the original text is fairly vague in what exactly happened here. However, the way the story is worded would heavily imply that the bullets were practically frozen to her, and any other meaning behind it wouldn't really make sense.

For the most part, what really sells me in the initial calc being accurate is the how the story is worded, as it states "the air froze around her" right before continuing the sentence with "as she bolted through the gaps between the bullets", which heavily implies that the bullets were at least perceived to be slower, if not frozen.

This would be made consistent by the following line: "A Monobear unit jumped up with its claws raised, already prepared for her jump, but she effortlessly dodged the attack, using the unit as a stepping stone and flying through the air." This line also implies that her perception is at least slowed down, if not completely frozen (like the narrative implies), since she was able to practically blitz a Monokuma without effort.

If the original calc isn't accurate for whatever reason, then a recalc would be necessary, but otherwise, I don't see why her perception wouldn't at least be slowed or frozen alltogether.

You will need to ask the primary contributors to the original thread to comment here via their message walls.

Back