• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danganronpa Aoi Asahina Speed Upgrade

I believe Aoi Asahina from Danganronpa deserves a higher combat speed than what is currently listed. She is listed as Superhuman (as are the other average Danganronpa characters), with Hypersonic+ reactions. However, I believe her speed deserves an upgrade.

We see when her brother is swimming, his arms appear as a blur. There's not much way to calculate this from what I know, and it seems pretty agreed upon that things that appear as a blur tend to qualify as subsonic. And since Hina is a faster swimmer than Yuta, and he moves his arms in a blur while swimming, I think it's fair to assume Hina qualifies for Subsonic combat speed

The other bit of evidence is based off a calc I've done that, if the high end is accepted, will support her moving to Subsonic

Last edited:
I see your point and to an extent I agree but swimming speed doesn’t equal running speed at the very least. I actually calced the swimming speed sometime ago and it of course was Below Average Human but still far faster than any real human could do. The arms appearing as blurs though is certainly interesting and could possibly warrant a subsonic combat speed to her and her brother should arm rotations be considered combat applicable.

on the other hand, the calc you provided possibly wouldn’t be applicable as it’s from the Anime which would be treated as a separate cannon than the games on the wiki. Im the games unfortunately we don’t get to see this feat like the anime but it doesn’t mean the anime can be substituted for it.

still very possible however that Aoi could receive Subsonic combat speed from the arm blurrs though. Would need a second opinion if freestyle swimming counts as combat speed though…

I see your point and to an extent I agree but swimming speed doesn’t equal running speed at the very least. I actually calced the swimming speed sometime ago and it of course was Below Average Human but still far faster than any real human could do. The arms appearing as blurs though is certainly interesting and could possibly warrant a subsonic combat speed to her and her brother should arm rotations be considered combat applicable.

on the other hand, the calc you provided possibly wouldn’t be applicable as it’s from the Anime which would be treated as a separate cannon than the games on the wiki. Im the games unfortunately we don’t get to see this feat like the anime but it doesn’t mean the anime can be substituted for it.

still very possible however that Aoi could receive Subsonic combat speed from the arm blurrs though. Would need a second opinion if freestyle swimming counts as combat speed though…
Oh yeah, I agree. The movement speed wasn't that high. And it wouldn't be running speed (though a different calc I did put Yuta's running speed at athletic human). But yeah, it's the arm movement speed. And I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Aoi was faster than the average Danganronpa character combat speed wise. The slap still happened in the game, just with less reference to calculate. I agree though, I'd like another opinion

Back