• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are you the Flood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far into 8-A is Alex Mercer? The Didact is an extremely casual 224 toner.

The Didact's weapons/ionization attacks were made specifically to combat biological eldritch horros like the Flood. Alex is not all that diffirent, especially since his regen stops working after he uses a lot of biomass.

Prototype 1 Alex dura is 127 ton+ and also regen, with Prototype 2 being way higher. AP wise, neither version is the best match if you want to use Didact. I've heard mercer may have an attempted upgrade soon, so you may want to hold off with putting too much effort into any debates with him as of now.

Alex won't be goin any higher than 8-A. The Tier 7 feats were debunked awhile ago.

I'm going to vote for the Didact.

The Didact is vastly more experienced, especially against enemies very similar to Alex. Hell, the guy fought them for milenia. The Didact's weapons and attacks are designed to destroy the Flood's biomass. Alex's biomass should be comparable. The Didact has a solid AP advantage, and can keep him at a distance via constraint fields.

Alex has Low-High regen. But that is only if he has enough biomass. With his flesh constantly being ionized, it's going to stop working at some point.

Then there is also Slipspace BFR. If all alse fails, the Didact may attemtp to do this.

So overall. The Didact takes this Low-Diff.

Worth noting is that P2 Alex should be about nine times as strong as P1 minimum due to casually consuming 8 people comparable to P1 him and adding them to his own, which may be a better fight seeing as both would be At Least 8A and now you could pit AP/durability against Didact's abilities. How is Didact to counter the speed differential either way though?

Just noticed speed is unequal.

OP, equalize it or else it's a blitz.

If Alex was 9 times stronger, than he would be 8-A+ or Low 7-C. That is not how powerscaling on this wiki works, and it was not used on the profile for a reason.

ColeMacgrath absorbed 8 power thingys that massively icnreased his powers. But he isn't High 7-A/6-C for a reason. The same thing applies to Alex.

The keywords "Likely Higher" and "at least" exist for a reason, and all the other coles are 6C including base infamous 2 so that wouldn't even be too far out of the question. Talking more about Cole is a bit of a derail, but not the best example to use. At 9X, or maybe 8X if its more considered as 1 shotting 8 P1 alexes, he's still barely 8A. The justification for his At least literally includes the consumption of 8 evolved. I feel like Didact may still win that regardless through constraint fields to at least slow him down briefly enough to BFR, providing speed gets equal.

"Likely Higher" and "At least" Either means that the feat was preformed casually, they one shotted someone who has such a feat, and are an unknown degree above that feat.

This version of Alex is prehaps...... 200 ish tons at best.

I feel like you're blatantly ignoring my points about how the Didact can win this. The guy has weapons that ionize super biomass with ease, and has fought enemies similar to Alex for thousands of years.

If you really beleive in Alex's AP being like this, you can make a CR thread about it. But I gaurantee it has allready been discussed before.

VersusJunkie54 said:
"Likely Higher" and "At least" Either means that the feat was preformed casually, they one shotted someone who has such a feat, and are an unknown degree above that feat.

This version of Alex is prehaps...... 200 ish tons at best.

I feel like you're blatantly ignoring my points about how the Didact can win this. The guy has weapons that ionize super biomass with ease, and has fought enemies similar to Alex for thousands of years.

If you really beleive in Alex's AP being like this, you can make a CR thread about it. But I gaurantee it has allready been discussed before.
I said in that response that I agreed Didact still probably wins, AP advantage or not.

Heller won't beat Didact either, why change it this late?

If someone else votes

And there it is, its unanimous so grace period can be skipped.

Grace Period is only needed if a character has at least 1 vote, decisive wins can be added immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back