• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's referring to the difference between the Subsonic result (which assumes Roland's gun is equivalent to an Astra I've never understood why he thougtht Roland's gun looked like one of those) and the theoretical result if we went by the actual real-world equivalent to Roland's ammo. (.45 revolver rounds)

Oh yeah, Roland can block bullets using his gun, that's why he's Supersonic.

Anyways, even with him dodging Gunfire from inches away, it's not going to bode well if Roland does either of 2 things well within the range of his level of skill

1: Literally richohetes a bullet off another bullet to shoot Ezio despite him evading the inital gunshot

2: Just holding his revolver directly in his face and saying "dodge this"

The former of which would make Range Game still valid, especially considering Roland can take a moment to retreat to somewhere with more things to richohete off of to get more of an advantage, if he doesn't already have one where he currently is.

Hmmmmm. That could be tricky. Ezio's precog can only help him for so long before he gets trumped by that kind of drawing speed.

Ezio's weapons are no joke tho. They also have enough power to kill enemies on par with Roland.

Does Roland have the flexibility to get on Ezio's parkour skills?

Of course they aren't. It's almost like it's actual combat where people have to not get hit by stuff

Roland's guns are still effective shields so if it comes down to that ultimately it's just who's better in CQC

In that case I'd lean towards Ezio ATM. Guy literally took on the skills of Altair using discs, skills that would take centuries to master, yet Altair with his intellect managed to perfect it within mere moments, if his inventions are anything to go by. If Altair didn't die of old age, he'd have reinvented the plasma gun the Isu used.

Which version of Ezio is this, BTW? If this is his AC2 self, he dies hard.

KLOL506 said:
Ezio's weapons are no joke tho. They also have enough power to kill enemies on par with Roland.
I don't think you ever actually proved this, though.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
KLOL506 said:
I don't think you ever actually proved this, though.
Ezio's weapon punch out harder than his own AP. They can wound enemies like a Staff-amped Rodrigo, who himself can damage the Armor of Altair, which laughs at the Staff's own power. The Hidden Gun also wittles down reinforced siege machines with no trouble. Ezio's weapons also clashed against the Staff repeatedly.

Yeah, but unless I missed something, you haven't proven that his AP is anywhere in the same ballpark as Roland's durability numbers-wise.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Yeah, but unless I missed something, you haven't proven that his AP is anywhere in the same ballpark as Roland's durability numbers-wise.
Ezio traded blows with Rodrigo, who can damage the Armor of Altair, which can tank attacks from the Staff and laugh at cannonballs, and stomped him. Ezio took hits from the Staff, which can damage the Isu, who themselves are far superior to Connor, who can tank gunpowder sheds exploding in his face. I also found out that even with his health reduced to almost zero, Connor can still take a little bit more damage before dying. Connor also took mortar fire shots which would easily outpace and outperform normal 42 lb cannonballs, which can generate 0.6 kg of TNT at top speed. Ezio himself tanked cannonballs during the Siege of Viana, so if anything, he'd be on par with Roland, if not vastly stronger. Connor also withstood an explosion that blew a massive hole into the rear end of a ship.

And Ezio is a direct descendant of Adam, a fully-fledged Isu-Hybrid (not the hybrids that got diluted within mankind over several millenia), making more sense that Ezio would scale to Connor in dura.

I should also note that Ezio tanks his own bombs, that can blow up the war machines and easily reduce large wooden covers on wells to millions of splinters.

I also found out that the cannonballs in the game regularly pierce through heavily-armored men-of-war with just a single shot.

Parkour would seem to hinder ezio, though. Once you commit to a jump you have nowhere near the amount of control as you do on the ground. If he makes a leap that's a free kill shot for Roland.

True, but Ezio could also simply take his shot from the rooftops. Or, he could sneak up on Roland and just air assassinate him on the spot.

Remember, Ezio doesn't need to land a single hit on Roland. He could just use his bombs to take out Roland, seeing as Roland has absolutely no resistance to Poisons judging on his profile. Or, Ezio could hide amongst the crowd and prick Roland with his Poison Blade and watch as Roland swings his arms in horror as he slowly dies from the poison's effects.

Ezio's the real stealth master in this fight and that's also something to consider. He can blend in with the crowds, take up disguises when needed, set up various traps and whatnot to put the game to his advantage, and Ezio makes ridiculously good use of his bombs once he gets the hang of them in Constantinople.

The only way Ezio's gonna get gunned down is if he does something like jump from the rooftops straight to the ground or perform a leap of faith, and that's if he even gets into Roland's line of sight. Most of his other leaps are pretty quick tho, and Ezio's acrobatics, versatility and stealth experience would ultimately get the better of Roland, I believe.

If Roland sees Ezio going in a single direction with how skilled he is, he's absolutely forked.

Dude, can you not triple-post every time you respond to something? It clutters the thread and makes this whole conversation a lot harder to follow.

Obviously, that's why Ezio's gonna use the stealth card more often than you'd think.

If Ezio sees Roland before the latter, Roland's equally forked.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Dude, can you not triple-post every time you respond to something? It clutters the thread and makes this whole conversation a lot harder to follow.
Sorry.

KLOL506 said:
seeing as Roland has absolutely no resistance to Poisons judging on his profile
He does have some resistence to them in the manner that he can keep going for for a long time under the effects of some pretty nope-worthy poisons. See The Drawing of the Three and the lobstrocities.

Also, KLOL, you are severely underestimating Roland's skill with a gun. Ezio's leaps can be as quick as he likes. This gunslinger will blow him out of the sky given half a second.

I see. So Roland does resist poisons to a degree.

I'm not underestimating Roland's guns, I know how lethal they can be on a single shot and how good Roland is with them. But you guys seem to be underestimating Ezio's stealth skills. Not like Ezio'll just rely on rooftops alone, he can also make use of the crowds and laying down various traps.

No, what I mean is the second he is seen, he is good as dead. I'm not saying that you are underestimating the gun's power, I'm saying that if Roland sees Ezio, the assassin won't have time to kiss his ass goodbye.

Besides. Roland has shown an ability to see things that others miss. A lot. Again, see The Wastelands. He is able to know things about the crazy man Gasher without that dude saying a word. Plus, as he chases Jake through the city of Lud, he picks up on hidden traps and dangers hidden expertly (tripwire, hanging piano, hidden trapdoor). And, as a young gunslinger in The Wizard and Glass, he is able to to tell whom in a bar is a threat, and who is peaceful just by looking at them. With all this in mind, if Ezio tried to blend into a crowd, I'm pretty sure the last gunslinger would be able to pick him out. And don't even get me started on how impossible it would be to trap him without oodles of prep time

Ezio can dodge bullets at point-blank range tho. He outran mortar fire during the siege of Viana and dodged attacks from a Staff-amped Rodrigo.

Ezio's high sense of awareness also allows him to notice things other people miss, and even detect targets in thick dense crowds. Ezio himself can deduce from friend to foe with his Eagle Vision. Ezio himself has been wary of traps and has constantly dodged them. Even an ambush planned for him ended in complete failure, and this was when he was badly injured from his carriage race with Leandros. Ezio's no stranger to sneak attacks either, one moment you try stabbing him from the back and the other moment you end up with a knife on your throat without realizing what even happened. Ezio can even tell when something goes wrong as seen in the investigations he takes in AC Revelations, so if anything startles him, he's sure to be on high alert.

Also, Ezio resists Mind-based powers.

That isn't mindbuggery. Just Roland being very good at seeing things about people most would miss.

While Ezio may also be good at similar things as Roland, it is not in-character for Roland to charge headfirst at an enemy he can't even see immediately. Dude is gonna bide his time, stay under cover, and put a bullet in the assassin's head the second he gets a chance.

Also, 16th century muskets are not comparable to the Guns of Deschain.

Ezio dodges bullets from guns made with the information from the Apple of Eden, so they're superior to 16th century muskets by a long shot, and he outsped cannonfire, which can hit 520 m/s, also, the Guns of Deschain was confirmed in Roland's speed calc to not be really that far behind his Long Colt .45 ammo when it comes to his revolver's actual firing speed. Quickdrawing might be a problem for Ezio tho, seeing as how Roland is an absolute beast with his guns.

Also, I didn't refer to Roland's insane detective skills as Mindbuggery at all. It's also not in-character for Ezio to charge in headfirst at all, if the mission involving one of his recruits killing an innocent man is anything to go by (yes, it happened, Ezio found out the actual target, but his recruit just charged in head-on and killed an innocent man in the process). Ezio will not charge at his target at all unless he's absolutely certain about it and makes sure he takes the right steps. So just like Roland, he'll sure as hell take his time.

How in the heck does information from an apple make bullets faster?

Everything you have said up until this point implied that Ezio will hide in crowds, slowly advancing on Roland. Roland won't even move. He'll just stay put, under cover.

Crimson Azoth said:
How in the heck does information from an apple make bullets faster?
Everything you have said up until this point implied that Ezio will hide in crowds, slowly advancing on Roland. Roland won't even move. He'll just stay put, under cover.
Leonardo fashioned guns with the help of the Apple of Eden for both Cesare and Octavian de Valois, both of which Ezio dodged repeatedly.

Ezio would also stay in cover unless he figures out where and when to strike, since the fight conditions assume that they'd start in cover. If not, Ezio takes to the crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back