• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Archer (Fate/Stay Night) vs. Zeref Dragneel

How about Zeref's time stop? Or does Archer have resistance to something like that?

I mean, Zeref might be able to stop time before they hit him.

The entire arsenal are quite literally around him, he's probably less than 10 meters from the closest thing to stab him up the arse. Unless Zeref can cast timestop with zero casting time, he's gonna get pincushioned.

And no, Archer cannot use UBW outside UBW. Only that he can trace the weapons he recorded in UBW.

Does archer have anyting that can kill an immortal?

from what i remember Zeref's time stop is instantaneous.

zeref's death wave is instant kill he can stop time and tons of other spells from lighting magic fire,ice,water he can even create super powerful demons so yeah i think its his win

False, Zeref is said to have mastered every form of black magic. August was speculated to know more by Makarov and his speculation is probably about as reliable as Acnologia's when he said Irene learned enchanting from Zeref.

August is suppossed to have control over every single element of magic, even possessing more type of magic than Zeref. And zeref actually has control over all black arts at very young age so consider 400 years of time, and anyway if August controls every type of magic and they its just maybe possesing more type of magic than Zeref. From sound of all of that i think it's pretty obvious he can use simple type of magic at this point he only show fire magic and what ever that spell that turned Irene into human is but i am pretty sure he can use at least simple element magic.

but going back on only black arts his law is more than enough for win so talking about spell like nemesis or death predetaion and high speed regenaration it's really simple battle for Zeref i would say.

August being able to use every type of magic is just a rumour and a false one at that; if it were true Brandish wouldn't have needed to heal that injury for him.

If, for example, Zeref knows 20 types of magic August would only need to posses 21 types to surpass him. Additionally the types of magic Zeref knows need not include elemental magic.

she didn't heal him but shrinked it so he didn't have to do anything she did that cause she was sorry and he allowed her.

Also, knowing lots of types of magic isn't the same as having immense magical power

You can only know one type of magic, earth for example, but being so powerful that you can easily overpower some random dude who can use 1000 different types of magic. If the best he can do is large island shit but you can control the entire planet with your earth magic he doesn't stand a chance

(that was a random example)

"August knows more types of magic than Zeref" isn't (for me) a proof that he is stronger than Zeref

Who said he is stronger than Zeref from what was said in the manga everyone in the alvarez empire fear and respect Zeref cause of his power.

Back on topic.

My vote is for Zeref unless Archer can get past Zeref's timestop, part from that caannot see Archer winning.

Back