• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus downplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people really like to downplay Arceus?

It's just that at some forum, many believe that Arceus is weaker than Z'eno and Alien X

I'll admit that around the time I first joined the wiki I believe I created a thread asking why he was tier 2 when he was nearly killed by a meteor. This was do to my lack of knowledge on Pokemon as a whole and I had no idea how strong even the lower Pokemon were let alone Arceus.

JooCipher said:
I once saw people saying that Island Level Creation Trio was high ball
I saw similar stuff with Digimon, too, though mostly on some other fictional power level wiki sites, though this was before I really got involved with this wiki in general.

Bowser-us said:
Could movie Arceus be a weak avatar? A true omnipresent Arceus could create a weak avatar to destroy a meteor
That's very much possible, though that said avatar still had at least a low 2C feat

I think the fact that Arceus on screen appearances don't match up with its creation mythos depiction is the main reason.

You can fight it with normal pokemon in various spin-off's, it rarely uses its reality warping powers, is usually depicted far from all-knowing, and has shown some lower limits (Meteor & not being able to stop Dark Matter for example).

In other words Arceus is more powerful than the writers of Pokémon like it to be.

It's like Dragon Ball Grand Tour. With counterpart shows like Digimon Digital Monsters & Dragon Ball Super they just don't stack up to showing wack shit! Even when compared to prequels like Z. We don't Planet busting with the power of 1 shot like Freeza.

Pokémon has the perception of a kids show thus not being studied by powerscalers because they don't watch it anymore due to not having much interest at the moment thus causing them to speak from a general scale of Pokémon.

Pokémon is heavily plot based. They don't care about feats nor scaling. So they'll make Pokémon do the craziest shit & the dumbest shit. So you have to pick your feats wisely & understand how & why they happened.

SSJ100000000000 said:
Pokémon is heavily plot based. They don't care about feats nor scaling. So they'll make Pokémon do the craziest shit & the dumbest shit. So you have to pick your feats wisely & understand how & why they happened.
Digimon is like that, too, tbf, though I guess slightly more justified cause the bigger scalings for that verse are not humanly possible measurements.

To be fair, Pokemon is the same, but to a smaller degree. All we can do with either, when it comes to the god tiers, is to look at how many infinities is needed for the right infinity.

What was mentioned above plus just how it keeps getting portrayed in combat. Myths would lead you to believe it'd probably do something like Sealing while the movies have it just negating elemental attacks and spamming energy blasts. It really just comes down to the fact they are always going to want to explain why Arceus can do something by saying it was done through a move is my perspective of it. They're fine with some abilities outside of moves like Ghost Pokémon having an entire lack of corporeal form and things like Possession, but it's usually just associated for what you'd expect of a type. Idk if most people think of him pulling off something like Sealing or Antimatter Manipulation if they're not a powerscaler. That's just my take though.

It's ahainst the rules to talk bad about other sites. It's in the rules and everything. Drop the specifics of who said what unless you want this to be closed.

As the lowest I could possibly tier that at would be a few times universe shaking, I can see the meteor being questionable. Arceus could be a sqishy mage, but it's base stats are the same, so that seems unlikely. Unless it was sleeping in order to power up.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
If you think arceus downplay is bad. Look at the Darkseid downplay. People said that Alien X can solo him
People generally wank Alien X on other sites to the level of actually being omnipotent so that's hardly downplay for Darkseid, but thanks for the tip, will look into Alien X vs Darkseid.

To be fair, that feat was performed by a weakened Arceus' emotions. Crashed two Universes together, shook two others to the point of their spacetime continuum itself vibrating, and caused damage to the spacetime continuum of a fifth.

Idk, but it seems people either: 1. Use gameplay mechanics / stats to lowball him, I've seen people say Mewtwo Y is stronger than him cuz of gameplay logic, but then again you can beat up Mewtwo using Marth in Smash Melee, 4 or Ultimate and argue that Marth is stronger than him (even though realistically that'd never happen, Marth beating Mewtwo), if you get what I mean. 2. Use the meteor scene to back up their asssessment even though that was debunked as PIS years ago.

Since Pikachu was able to harm it, I wouldn't be surprised if Arceus was below tier 2 without its plates/against things that its plates don't protect him from. Although, that Pikachu also fought Darkrai, and the "Arceus powering up by sleeping" thing could explain the meteorite. That or it's just a tier 2 meteor.

The God Of Procrastination said:
Since Pikachu was able to harm it, I wouldn't be surprised if Arceus was below tier 2 without its plates/against things that its plates don't protect him from. Although, that Pikachu also fought Darkrai, and the "Arceus powering up by sleeping" thing could explain the meteorite. That or it's just a tier 2 meteor.
Pikachu didn't harm Arceus. Only surprised Arceus, by being able to land a hit on it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back