• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hammer Bro vs Skeleton (Minecraft) (7-0-0) (Concluded)

How do those boney bozos handle targets that change elevation?

IIRC, a Hammer Bro's usual style of approach is to throw hammers in an arc with small gaps in between barrages of many hammers thrown in said trajectory, while jumping back a little, then jumping forward a bit more, for an approach that's somewhat slow, but steadily approaching with few but noticeable gaps between hammer spam.

So if the Hammer Bro is constantly jumping up & down, moving back & forward (Maybe a little to the side; I don't remember their 3D game style movement patterns.), how does the skeleton respond, if at all?

Do skeletons attempt to adjust the elevation of their aim or their shot's trajectories? Do they jump themselves to account for that? When does a skeleton begin to change its aim? As in, aiming where the target was last seen, or following it?

Do skeletons attempt to adjust the elevation of their aim or their shot's trajectories?
To account for gravity, skeletons aim 0.2 blocks higher for every horizontal block of range to the target.
So if the Hammer Bro is constantly jumping up & down, moving back & forward (Maybe a little to the side; I don't remember their 3D game style movement patterns.), how does the skeleton respond, if at all?
Skeletons do Strafe in circular patterns to dodge attacks and retreat to a safe range if the player comes within 4 blocks.
When does a skeleton begin to change its aim? As in, aiming where the target was last seen, or following it?
If an enemy leaves their view, skeletons wait for some seconds with the bow charged, shooting the moment the enemy comes within range again.

To account for gravity, skeletons aim 0.2 blocks higher for every horizontal block of range to the target.

Skeletons do Strafe in circular patterns to dodge attacks and retreat to a safe range if the player comes within 4 blocks.

If an enemy leaves their view, skeletons wait for some seconds with the bow charged, shooting the moment the enemy comes within range again.
Ahhh.
I do wonder if the hammers would intercept the skeleton's arrow shots.

Also, are Hammer Bros hammers known to do environmental destruction?
Potentially making a pit in Central Park's ground from hammers might lead to 1 or both parties getting trapped. (Although, a Hammer Bro MIGHT be able to jump out of some sizes of pits. XD )

Ahhh.
I do wonder if the hammers would intercept the skeleton's arrow shots.
Probably not due to them being thrown in arc's
Also, are Hammer Bros hammers known to do environmental destruction?
Potentially making a pit in Central Park's ground from hammers might lead to 1 or both parties getting trapped. (Although, a Hammer Bro MIGHT be able to jump out of some sizes of pits. XD )
I'm pretty sure that Hammer Bro's have never used the environment like that, also this fight's location is a forest at night.

So we have 2 very diferent aproches here

One walks in "Circles" to dodge and shoots foward

The other keeps jumping making It a hard to hit targe and trow hammers in a arc

I could say The hammer bro has the advanage not only of AP but also the more spamable projectile that should help counter the Skeleton constant walking, not to mention the jumping of the Hammer bro is a lot more dificult to hit

I will ask if they HB has fire and Ice flowers here?

Any way, voting HB

Having fire & ice options changes it radically. Plus, I'm of the opinion some of the thrown hammers may block some of the arrows. Verticality to their aim helps, too.

(Also, I'm suddenly remembering Sticker Star, where the Fire/Ice Bros have demonstratably absurd homing effects to their projectiles.)

My vote also goes to the Hammer Bro.

Hammer down the nail in this skeleton's coffin, & put it back in the ground for good, bro! Skeleton just can't reach its mark here.

Hammer Bro FRA
Counted!
Hammer Bro FRA
Counted!
Hammer bro fra
Counted!
Having fire & ice options changes it radically. Plus, I'm of the opinion some of the thrown hammers may block some of the arrows. Verticality to their aim helps, too.

(Also, I'm suddenly remembering Sticker Star, where the Fire/Ice Bros have demonstratably absurd homing effects to their projectiles.)

My vote also goes to the Hammer Bro.

Hammer down the nail in this skeleton's coffin, & put it back in the ground for good, bro! Skeleton just can't reach its mark here.
Counted! Grace has now begun!

Back