• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Apotheosis: Heaven's Cry: Meta and Registration

Not everyone has an item, and if I have to deliberately place special gear in the world specifically to give them a chance against your character, it's not okay.

Like, think about it this way, without outside influence, what are Dy1 or Overlord's character supposed to do?

They have exactly one attack that would do anything (Absolute 0 ice shards for Dy1 and White BFR for Overlord) and they'd just have to spam that predictable attack over and over and over again, hoping you're not able to keep dodging before they run out of steam.

Not everyone has an item, and if I have to deliberately place special gear in the world specifically to give them a chance against your character, it's not okay.

Like, think about it this way, without outside influence, what are Dy1 or Overlord's character supposed to do?

They have exactly one attack that would do anything (Absolute 0 ice shards for Dy1 and White BFR for Overlord) and they'd just have to spam that predictable attack over and over and over again, hoping you're not able to keep dodging before they run out of steam.

Okay, I'll look for another power.

... I dunno if I'm reading it wrong but considering it's supposed to be apart of the song of creation is that like, 4D

Cause smurfy is something I'm not down for either and this in particular seems incredibly versatile

... I dunno if I'm reading it wrong but considering it's supposed to be apart of the song of creation is that like, 4D

Cause smurfy is something I'm not down for either and this in particular seems incredibly versatile

All magic in Lord of the Rings is part of the Song of Creation except for sorcery and Morgoth's corruption.
That doesn't make, say Radagast the Brown a deity.

Mmm

I'm a little bit worried on how just, being able to speak something into being would be way too versatile, even if we were to say that this is in no way smurfy

Cause the way it's described I'm not sure what stops this from being used to say "you are dead" and causing someone to flop over accordingly

... mind manipulation

Which is resisted

Though, you could still use it on the populace for army conquest if you so wished, so I guess if that's your intent

... doesn't seem very special but alright

Now that I look further, what are the details on them erasing witch souls and Matter manipulation?

... doesn't seem very special but alright

Now that I look further, what are the details on them erasing witch souls and Matter manipulation?

Michael Langdon controls fire that can incinerate people's souls, making them impossible to be resurrected. Matter manipulation, well he has the power to conjure snakes.

Alright, if that's it, you're good to go overall. Make sure to put yourself on the sandbox.

Powers not already on the wiki... Depends. In this case, the power has a clear explanation you can point to, so I can allow it, but any more esoteric and I'll probably have to decline

That said, I'd prefer to keep the weakness as it is. It's not like it's hard to completely incinerate swamp material when fire attacks are 6-B, and all.

Then keep it in the same way as the original, I don't mind it, I just thought bleeding from a glowing sword or a ice spike is more interesting than burning/freezing and reforming with whatever remains.

Well, if it's turned to vapor, things get complicated

Either way, that's one power (or character but it feels more like one power), so you need something else

I think that's something I can roll with. Naruto's good stuff is based on throwing a projectile, which is exactly the kind of combat I'm looking for given the danger sense.

Okay so, I would like to publicly state I am a fool and that I really should have actually read and considered Okita Alter's skill before I just said "sure lol"

Because...

Rakudai tier nonsense such as being capable of fighting a genius in swordsmanship while retaining none of your skill (aren't blatant oxymorons fun) is not something I really want to deal with, thank you.

Speaking of which, I want to make an official ruling on how skill will work in this game.

I do not care to what idiotic extent it is wanked in threads, how much blood has been spilled over it, here's what skill is, by my definition, and how it will be in this game.

Skill is a sharpened mind and mastery of whatever you are trying to do, and the ability to use it to get an advantage on your opponent.

It is not a magical, godly energy that will allow you to do things that are blatantly impossible for your body to achieve, such as deflecting an attack from someone who outright speedblitzes you, or transcend causality. That's called hax. If you try to pass that off to explain why you should obviously be winning in melee combat, I will outright ignore it, and likely rule against your favor.

If you want to demonstrate your skill, when blinded, tap into your remaining senses to get vision on your opponent and continue fighting. Or, calmly assess the situation and use the environment, or an opponent's shortcomings, to turn a disadvantageous situation to your favor. Do not just say you outright overpower them cause skill lol.

That is all.

Last edited:
Just for future reference you aren't against general applications of skill, for example you disappear into the nearby alleyways to hide from your enemy with your high stealth Mastery to get a drop on them, or your opponent just amped their speed by 2x and you use your Analytical Prediction to make it an even fight. While things like I hide in this open plain with no trees for miles because good stealth, or I avoid all your attacks because insert BS skill here lol.

I mean awkward isn't necessarily bad but if you want a strong laser attack, sure

yes

On the other hand, I'd like to remind you in particular of something in the OP
Do try to play nice and make sure to not test my sanity, will you?
There will be consequences if you go against this.

KRRot6x.png
ok I promise to be good boy

Name: MANDARIN

Character: Eztil Tenoch (EE and body puppetry restricted)

Power: Soulless,any attack that aims for the soul is rendered useless since it has none. Furthermore,creatures around him that have souls will cause him to passively generate 10’s of projectiles that cause other’s souls to be transported to a void on contact .Leaving the host’s body empty.

Last edited:
You are not getting Caine under any circumstances, and BFR to the void via someone having a soul in your general area is nonsense.

I mean like, even then passive generation of it is just, generally not preferable

Back