• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Apotheosis: Heaven's Cry: Game Thread

@Yobo_Blue

"How much would you say you need? I intend for this territory to expand over time, as it is doing so at this very moment. You need only specify your own desires and needs."
“I can’t lie, I’m a selfish person, so as much as you’re willing to give. I plan on making a lab and workshop to expedite my studies on the level of capabilities I have at my disposal.”

@Yobo_Blue

"Well, I will give you enough territory to accommodate such a thing, then. A piece of land the size of what humans refer to as a factory ground, that should be sufficient."

Machina replied. Several Elementals got to work at once, marking a sizeable plot of land for her to use. Given the mountainous area, the place was mostly rocky, although adjusted to fit a building with no issue by the Elementals.

@Yobo_Blue

"It is not necessary. Your plot of land is done. I imagine the construction itself will fall to you."

Machina replied, pointing at the plot which had now been marked, its edges a different kind of stone, and made workable.

Jozu concentrates his energy sense towards the underground.
Just a bit deeper into the ground, there's yet another.
"All of them possess my will as it were, a hive mind unable to have their own wishes and desires. The potential for them to fail and fall is much lower as a result, and due to their nature, it would be easier to watch for and accommodate the needs of all. Their sheer numbers would negate any issues from the size of the nation as well. All that they see, I see, all that they hear, I hear, all that they know, I know. An omniscient big brother watching for complaints and issues, a direct line to the singular person in charge, no issues of bureaucracy and the like."
"... The idea of one person having that much power, as carried through mindless machines... It sounds as though it is the premise of a dystopia... But I will admit, your ideas are strong, and you have more than proven you have strength in carrying them out... But so long as humans are as they are, they shall seek freedom and power. Who knows how long it is until someone in your system manages to take control, with someone as stubborn as me bothered enough by what you have established?"

@Yobo_Blue

She would notice her power being more effective, like if an outside source was helping her out.

"By the way, there a few more thing you'd probably like to know about."
Jiraya telephatically comunicates to her.

@Yobo_Blue

"For first thing, there exists a subtance in this world called Ether, it's a fundamental component of creation and made out of souls, which csn be obtained either from wells or from the creatures that feed from them. It's quite the useful material from what i hear."

"Second, there are varius cities in this world, though not a lot."

"Third and most important, the goal that god set on us for this world is to find a way to "end suffering", which while it probably isn't in your top priorities, you should keep in mind since they erased what the previous world because of that."

@DMUA

(have my clones not found anything yet ?)

@Yobo_Blue

"For first thing, there exists a subtance in this world called Ether, it's a fundamental component of creation and made out of souls, which csn be obtained either from wells or from the creatures that feed from them. It's quite the useful material from what i hear."

"Second, there are varius cities in this world, though not a lot."

"Third and most important, the goal that god set on us for this world is to find a way to "end suffering", which while it probably isn't in your top priorities, you should keep in mind since they erased what the previous world because of that."

@DMUA

(have my clones not found anything yet ?)
“I see. I will keep those things in mind.”

the workshop is halfway done, and almost ready to start producing golems

"... The idea of one person having that much power, as carried through mindless machines... It sounds as though it is the premise of a dystopia... But I will admit, your ideas are strong, and you have more than proven you have strength in carrying them out... But so long as humans are as they are, they shall seek freedom and power. Who knows how long it is until someone in your system manages to take control, with someone as stubborn as me bothered enough by what you have established?"
"I suppose it does sound like a dystopia doesn't it? But I assure you, there wouldn't be suffering or injustice, and the people wouldn't have to live in fear, I'd make sure of that. I wouldn't lord my power over them to that extent, unless necessary. Though humans seek freedom and power, there are a few ways to dissuade them from attempting, and failing to wrestle control from me. Power tends to cause people to lose sympathy for those beneath them, its truly a consistent thing, the nicest most agreeable people tend to rise to power, however once they achieve it, they'll sink lower and lower, doing things they'd neve have dreamt of before." She begins

"In order to prevent this, people would, of course, need to not reach a level of power and standing where they feel complacent. In other words, just don't let them reach the 'top'. If people seek power despite having access to whatever else they could want, in a society that would be more advanced than any other, then let them feel like they're gaining it, but never let them feel like they're on top of the world, or that they can treat everyone else as they please. Outright violence and rule through fear might not even be needed, just some encouragement to send them in the right direction, subtle manipulations, which would be easy enough with what I'm able to do."

"I know you have no reason to believe me, that's good, blind faith is pointless, especially when history and all sorts of writings from humans have said this is foolish, and shown it not to work. Indeed, this all sounds like the ravings of a madwoman who's taken a few too many shots to the head, but I assure you, with enough work, I can manage this, whether you believe it or not is up to you."

have my clones not found anything yet ?)
[I still never figured out where Phoenix's base would probably be relative to the overall map h]
Jozu creates an energy blade from the edge of his spear that expands towards the enemy, trying to pierce it while expands.
The blade lands, to be sure...

... Unfortunately, they realize as the creature rapidly approaches that it wasn't quite a killshot.

"I suppose it does sound like a dystopia doesn't it? But I assure you, there wouldn't be suffering or injustice, and the people wouldn't have to live in fear, I'd make sure of that. I wouldn't lord my power over them to that extent, unless necessary. Though humans seek freedom and power, there are a few ways to dissuade them from attempting, and failing to wrestle control from me. Power tends to cause people to lose sympathy for those beneath them, its truly a consistent thing, the nicest most agreeable people tend to rise to power, however once they achieve it, they'll sink lower and lower, doing things they'd neve have dreamt of before." She begins

"In order to prevent this, people would, of course, need to not reach a level of power and standing where they feel complacent. In other words, just don't let them reach the 'top'. If people seek power despite having access to whatever else they could want, in a society that would be more advanced than any other, then let them feel like they're gaining it, but never let them feel like they're on top of the world, or that they can treat everyone else as they please. Outright violence and rule through fear might not even be needed, just some encouragement to send them in the right direction, subtle manipulations, which would be easy enough with what I'm able to do."

"I know you have no reason to believe me, that's good, blind faith is pointless, especially when history and all sorts of writings from humans have said this is foolish, and shown it not to work. Indeed, this all sounds like the ravings of a madwoman who's taken a few too many shots to the head, but I assure you, with enough work, I can manage this, whether you believe it or not is up to you."
"... We used to live in a world where someone could do nothing for their entire lives and still be sustained, under the right conditions. In fact we had enough production to sustain the entire planet, if we were to just grant it... But indeed so, those who stood above the rest did not consider those beneath them. Perhaps you will be able to mitigate that... but... Know this. Of life, the one true knowledge is that you cannot know anything in the grand scheme of things... It is not a matter of if, but how, someone attempts to break your method for their own benefit, and at that, it is likely impossible to predict..."

"... But all the same, I shall allow you to have the Ether of my people. Now stand still... AS I GRANT YOU MY SOUL, THAT SHALL GUIDE YOU THROUGH ADVERSITY!"

He shoves his own hand through his heart, as what is left of his soul starts to glow brightly. Then, suddenly, that soul increases in intensity, and jettisons out of his body and into Serene's.

The lifeless husk falls over onto the ground, and you realize where the Ether was being kept all this time.

A clever trick actually. Beneath this building there is an immense amount of created space hiding it away around what should be a few centimeters deep underground. As per how to get it out from there... Well, just reach out for it.

The blade lands, to be sure...

... Unfortunately, they realize as the creature rapidly approaches that it wasn't quite a killshot.
Seeing Jozu has gained the Pillaworm's attention, Tyrus will Teleport behind the creature as it appears on the surface and slice it to pieces with Razor Edge.

"How about this!?"

Jozu swings the, now expanded, energy blade towards the creature coming from the underground as he gives the blade lightning properties, forcibly trying to cleave the creature in half and push it paralyzed from the ground.

::Suddenly, Jake found a monster as he was searching around in New York.::
He couldn't get a good look at it for just a moment, until the monster fully came into view. (@DMUA)

Holly’s workshop completed, she sent a standard Golem to speak through it to Machina

@Overlord775

”I have completed my workshop, is there anything else you wanted to note?”

As he travels around the place, it seems that only the capitals and major cities of each country are really in tact. Perhaps in the compression of the world overall, they were all mashed together? No way to tell without a closer examination

Frank stops in Paris in a dark alley where he is not seen, he was very exhausted, he begins to take a breath, then, he walks a bit to see the city but takes off his suit and puts it away.

"Let's see" he said walking with a bit of difficulty
He wanted to see what human civilians thought in this situation

Dy1 keeps on running, using teleports in between, but not too much to the point where he'd get dizzy. Hoping to move to any country soon.

@DMUA (h)

@Yobo_Blue

"Well, in fact there would be one more thing, when we first arrived in this world we were greeted by a shadowy person called Heolstor, who is source of most of the things i know of this world."

Jiraya replies, saying his name telephatically instead that with words.

"Furthermore, unless you wish to contact him, you shouldn't say his name out loud, as it will cause him to appear."

@DMUA (h)

@Yobo_Blue

"Well, in fact there would be one more thing, when we first arrived in this world we were greeted by a shadowy person called Heolstor, who is source of most of the things i know of this world."

Jiraya replies, saying his name telephatically instead that with words.

"Furthermore, unless you wish to contact him, you shouldn't say his name out loud, as it will cause him to appear."
“Has anyone desired to contact him thus far, and if so for what reason?”

"... We used to live in a world where someone could do nothing for their entire lives and still be sustained, under the right conditions. In fact we had enough production to sustain the entire planet, if we were to just grant it... But indeed so, those who stood above the rest did not consider those beneath them. Perhaps you will be able to mitigate that... but... Know this. Of life, the one true knowledge is that you cannot know anything in the grand scheme of things... It is not a matter of if, but how, someone attempts to break your method for their own benefit, and at that, it is likely impossible to predict..."

"... But all the same, I shall allow you to have the Ether of my people. Now stand still... AS I GRANT YOU MY SOUL, THAT SHALL GUIDE YOU THROUGH ADVERSITY!"

He shoves his own hand through his heart, as what is left of his soul starts to glow brightly. Then, suddenly, that soul increases in intensity, and jettisons out of his body and into Serene's.

The lifeless husk falls over onto the ground, and you realize where the Ether was being kept all this time.

A clever trick actually. Beneath this building there is an immense amount of created space hiding it away around what should be a few centimeters deep underground. As per how to get it out from there... Well, just reach out for it.
So thats how this world is going to be huh? I guess I should start expecting more fights like these.

Serena, after sheathing her weapon and smoothing out her outfit, does just this, and reaches out for the newly located Ether.

"Beside the shadowy man, everybody else is as new to this world as me, so they wouldn't be able to tell you much more."

A few more Artifices show up and get directed to do things by Machina.

Of particular note is a very large worm that seems to find a spot for itself, seemingly defending the area together with Siren. Elementals were also working together with the spirits in plain sight.

"Let me know if either of the two of you require anything. I will do what I can to provide what is requested."

She spoke to her two guests in a near perfectly calm tone.

A few more Artifices show up and get directed to do things by Machina.

Of particular note is a very large worm that seems to find a spot for itself, seemingly defending the area together with Siren. Elementals were also working together with the spirits in plain sight.

"Let me know if either of the two of you require anything. I will do what I can to provide what is requested."

She spoke to her two guests in a near perfectly calm tone.
“You wouldn’t mind giving me some of those orbs and spirits so I could make them into puppets, would you?”

Dy1 starts running, heading now towards... whatever country was after Spain. With a smile on his face.
As he starts to leave, he suddenly feels like he forgot something important there. Was it something he overlooked, due to the overwhelming scent of death plaguing Madrid before?
So thats how this world is going to be huh? I guess I should start expecting more fights like these.

Serena, after sheathing her weapon and smoothing out her outfit, does just this, and reaches out for the newly located Ether.
[For reference, the guy's name was Dragnar. dunno how many of you will catch onto that reference but through creation and your existing army creating abilities, you can summon him for yourself. He's not all that impressive in abilities, but he would count as a Buddy and thus be exempt from the power divide on summons]

[You have also gained the power of creating stuff like what the New York guys have, though you know it also applies to creating tissue and healing one's self, since that's what Dragnar straight up did in front of you more than a few times during the fight]

It takes some time, but eventually, a green energy bursts through the floor of the Kremlin, filling her with an immense level of power.

... In fact, almost too much... It feels like her very soul is going to lose it's ego, swelling with the thoughts of the people before they died, mental shutdown starts to come into play...

Then suddenly, the pressure lessens by quite a bit. As she regains herself, she sees Asoru also taking some of it in.

"Sorry, you were being pretty loud and I decided to eavesdrop. I suppose it was good luck, huh?"

Some of the ether scatters off into the distance, converging onto another incoming presence.

[Phoenix's base]

Jiraya's clones find plenty of ruins scattered about the place. Something else they also realize... Considering how the world is constructed now, everything is at an equal temperature. Even when they go up to what should be Canada by all indications, there's no snow of any kind to be found. The main body's current location is Southwest of New York, and to the south there is a collection of cities that immediately wash them with dread as they come close. They should probably save that for later.

The elemental who brought all of his companions here speaks to the Phoenix again, as the breeze seems to now be more solidly in place, breathing life into this new land.

"It seems everything is going well... Do you have a name for this place, by chance? If not, might I suggest one?"

[New York guys]

Melissa also draws her blade, yelling as she slashes hard at the creature's eyes with her own strike.

The combined attack does make sure to finish them off, this time. Rummaging through the remains...

No Akashic coins for some reason, but they do find an Amethyst. Seems they were on the mark. They also find... Some strange material? It's color and appearance feels like Ether, but almost as though it's shallow, not really the substance for a proper soul, but, perhaps it's still useful?

He wanted to see what human civilians thought in this situation
Much like New York... Not much luck, there.

As he wanders through the devastated streets, it feels like there's indeed no one here. Then again, he wasn't walking at a face pace, and this is a fairly sized city, so maybe...?

For now, he just sees the various ruined buildings. Shops and restaurants that will never re-open, full of items now not worth much at all... Ah.

He finds one open shop. He can't really understand the title considering it's in French, but it looks like a charming enough place. Enter?

Jake found a monster as he was searching around in New York
[... didn't you go to Madrid?]

Much like New York... Not much luck, there.

As he wanders through the devastated streets, it feels like there's indeed no one here. Then again, he wasn't walking at a face pace, and this is a fairly sized city, so maybe...?

For now, he just sees the various ruined buildings. Shops and restaurants that will never re-open, full of items now not worth much at all... Ah.

He finds one open shop. He can't really understand the title considering it's in French, but it looks like a charming enough place. Enter?
"I just hope I don't regret it later" frank enter

[... the bakery was in madrid I just screwed up your position]

As he starts to leave, he suddenly feels like he forgot something important there. Was it something he overlooked, due to the overwhelming scent of death plaguing Madrid before?
Upon that feel, Dy1 quickly turns around and goes running back to Madrid, now teleporting back. "WhatdidiforgetwhatdidIforget" He thinks to himself worried

Holly, while waiting for a response, makes a few more butterfly golems as her workshop begins higher production, to scout around (@DMUA ) the area to see if anything problematic is nearby

@DMUA

"A name. No, I had not thought of one as of yet. I would appreciate your suggestions."

Machina replied, looking slightly happy upon seeing the renewal of the land continue.

@Yobo_Blue

"Perhaps, I could grant you a spark of life to do with as you see best, though do note that these beings are intrinsically connected to me, as well."

@DMUA

"A name. No, I had not thought of one as of yet. I would appreciate your suggestions."

Machina replied, looking slightly happy upon seeing the renewal of the land continue.

@Yobo_Blue

"Perhaps, I could grant you a spark of life to do with as you see best, though do note that these beings are intrinsically connected to me, as well."
“Hmmm? Define a spark of life.”

@DMUA

The clones telepatically inform the main body of their findings, then continue the search to hopefully find either a city that doesn't smell of death, one of those ether wells or really, anything else interesting.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"Well, I haven't quite talked directly with Agnaea yet, so i would like to do so if possible."

Eden replies.

@Overlord775

Just as he asked, Agnaea, the one who first was brought into the old world, appeared.

"I am here, as you requested."

The woman stated.

@Yobo_Blue

Holly would notice the form shifting happening for the first time, now faced with a different person.

"Just that. A spark of life which you could give to the land or an object to bring forth Elementals."

@Overlord775

Just as he asked, Agnaea, the one who first was brought into the old world, appeared.

"I am here, as you requested."

The woman stated.

@Yobo_Blue

Holly would notice the form shifting happening for the first time, now faced with a different person.

"Just that. A spark of life which you could give to the land or an object to bring forth Elementals."
“You’ll need to tell me the specifics of it later, but I do accept. What is with the shifting by the way?”

Back