• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Apotheosis: Heaven's Cry: Game Thread

[nothing of note is found beyond cities people have already discovered]
"You. You're the other person who received the Ether from here yeah?"
"Indeed so."
"Oh, hello there Owl Man." I state to the owl creature. "Can you talk like Mister Owl from the Hundred Acre Wood?"
"... WHO YOU?"

Their voice proves far more rough and potentially hostile than Jake's likely incredibly unwise initial evaluation.

Much like New York... Not much luck, there.

As he wanders through the devastated streets, it feels like there's indeed no one here. Then again, he wasn't walking at a face pace, and this is a fairly sized city, so maybe...?

For now, he just sees the various ruined buildings. Shops and restaurants that will never re-open, full of items now not worth much at all... Ah.

He finds one open shop. He can't really understand the title considering it's in French, but it looks like a charming enough place. Enter?
"I just hope I don't regret it later" frank enter

[nothing of note is found beyond cities people have already discovered]

"Indeed so."

"... WHO YOU?"

Their voice proves far more rough and potentially hostile than Jake's likely incredibly unwise initial evaluation.

"Eh, hello. I'm looking for information. Could you please inform me anything you know about how the world was made?"

"I just hope I don't regret it later"
It seems to be a French restaurant, almost... overly frenched, if that makes sense.

Paintings, baguettes made of what you swear is wax randomly aligned whenever there's space, it's just... sensory overload on the décor.

"Welcome monsieur, sit."
"Have you gathered any outside of this, and do you know of anywhere to locate more?"
"There was a minor amount in an enemy near New York, but otherwise, I don't have any leads, no."

Having finished thinking of his power, Dy1 starts heading towards where Italy would have been, running and absorbing Concrehee-ho into his essence so the lil' guy gets a rest from walking.

It seems to be a French restaurant, almost... overly frenched, if that makes sense.

Paintings, baguettes made of what you swear is wax randomly aligned whenever there's space, it's just... sensory overload on the décor.

"Welcome monsieur, sit."
"Who said that?, besides where is a chair available? I don't want to take any that already have a reservation"

"There was a minor amount in an enemy near New York, but otherwise, I don't have any leads, no."
"Hmm, I see. So I guess it's either start setting up a base of operations here and have my men check out the ruins of that diet building in what used to be Japan, or have my men build here and go there myself maybe..." She says aloud, going over some of her options

"Oh, sorry, my name is Serena by the way, a pleasure to meet you."

@Yobo_Blue

"The only modification I could make at the moment would be to grant it a part of my Core Crystal, which I do not wish to do to just anyone. Nor do I wish to allow an unknown body to become my Driver. As such, there is not much for me to add."

She explained.

@Yobo_Blue

"The only modification I could make at the moment would be to grant it a part of my Core Crystal, which I do not wish to do to just anyone. Nor do I wish to allow an unknown body to become my Driver. As such, there is not much for me to add."

She explained.
“That’s unfortunate. Pray tell, what is a driver in any case?”

@Yobo_Blue

"In short, a Driver is someone who is tied to a specific Blade, or to the three of us in this case. All three of us are Blades. Drivers can summon their Blades and share some of the blade's abilities, as well as their weapon. It's a permanent connection typically. We three happen to be a special type of Blade, an Aegis. We don't need a Driver to operate freely, but we can still have one."

"Back... Sore..."

Connor Lycans, former human now-turned werewolf ever since just before the literal apocalypse started, WAS napping peacefully. by a boulder not too long after all this went down. But, with his mental energy recharged from the absolutely ******-up day he had been having, it was about time for him to start scavenging to see whatever was left in this hellscape.

Luckily for him, he would find someone else within the endless desert, in the one place around with any sort of nature.

"Hey, bird girl!"

A distinctly young but bestial voice calls out to the phoenix as, from the distance, a boy arrives. He's wearing rough, tattered rags for clothing, and his wild hair sticks up in two points almost like wolf ears. "Where is this place? It smells new."

Last edited:
Just as she concludes her explanation, which the newcomer might also have heard, she sees them arrive.

"This place is called Deseret. It is a safe haven I have built in these lands."

The mechanical looking girl explained.

"I am called Machina. I am one, yet three."

She said, shifting to Lumea.

"I'm Lumea."

And then, she shifted to Agnaea.

"And I'm Agnaea"

Before shifting back to Machina.

"I imagine it may be odd for you to see such a thing as us three."

"Y'know, it would be if I hadn't seen the whole damn planet go up in flames."

He stares at Holly. "what."
“Do you want to be a puppet? You’d gain a lot of power but you’d also be a slave to my will. You can escape it o
after the fact but it’s will result in extreme pain for an hour or so.”

Machina tilts her head, looking surprised by the girl's overtness in asking to enslave someone.

"That all aside, all are welcome here as long as they abide by the rules of this place. To not attack it, to not plunder its life and to not interfere with its inhabitants against their will."

She summarized.

"Would you like those clothes repaired?"

Machina releases a green wave that expands from around her body, it feels like the surroundings are slightly different while in there.

The clothes seem to almost repair themselves, doing so rather quickly.

"There you go."

Lycans looks down at his clothing, which has now been repaired.

"Feels better..."

He looks around. "What else are you doing here?"

Last edited:
@ZephyrosOmega

Connor would be able to notice a boy standing next to Machina, which was already there when he arrived.

"We're also the guardians of this sactuary, protecting it's inhabitants from threats."

He adds to what she said.

@Yobo_Blue

"Most beings don't like being manipulated, so you shouldn't be so eager to ask something like that to someone you just met."

Jiraya comments.

@DMUA

As they spot a city that doesn't reek of instant death, one of the clones would head towards it and begin to explore. Meanwhile, the other three qould continue explore the land.

Last edited:
"Huh..."

He's silent for a minute, before blurting out "Hey, I'm starving. Do you have any meat I can hunt?"

Last edited:
"I could create some meat for you, but hunting is fine too, as long as you don't overhunt. It is part of the natural cycle after all. I don't really eat myself, so I hadn't made any food yet."

@ZephyrosOmega

He would notice the occasional Elemental floating around, but they didn't seem to be harmful nor did they seem to have any meat on them.

It wouldn't take too long to find various animals. Rabbits, moose, deer and the like.

Back