• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Apotheosis: Heaven's Cry: Game Thread

The maneuver definitely takes him aback, as he witnesses the pincer attack unfold... To be sure, it is a clever assault, but one his battle hardened senses are ready for.

He swiftly dashes to the side, just barely evading her swing as the shell zooms across his vision. You can clearly see that, even if he was able to swiftly avoid your attacks, he's been put off his footing... Perhaps he's all the more dangerous now cornered, but in turn, you are more dangerous. Strike boldly.
She expected to land at least one of those attacks, but, despite her plans being thrown off by this, Serena nonetheless adjusts as quickly as she could.

She continues her advance predictably, seeing the opening, but less predictably, the flaming sphere that is the tank shell turns after missing, continuing to fly right after the opponent. Serena slashes horizontally with her blade, hoping to catch him, as the earlier shot flies right past her to hit the opponent who tried to dodge.

"I don't think I can answer that yet. Don't want us to get mad at each other or anything like that. You can ask something else if you want."

Lumea answered.
"Undertendable, i will refrain from asking it anymore."

Jiraya nods, not wanting to cause problems.

"There's another question i had in mind. Agnaea seems to rappresent the flames of life, so i wonder what you Lumea and you Machina may rappresent instead."

Last edited:
"I represent light. Machina represents, well, something like reality itself would be the best way of describing it."

You mean the precog that's restricted
(You never mentioned Gaunter’s Precog being restricted)

(You were also in a massive pit filled with goo,paralyzing electricity and surrounded by a bunch of summons holding homing soul removing orbs.So I’m assuming your position is still in there since you didn’t mention leaving it nor mentioned even dealing with them.)
A large gaping pit etched to the ground

The paralyzing electricity that surrounded the barrier flowed forth with its bursting,filling every crevice within the pit instantaneously.With the summons unharmed,and whisper saying

“Strengthen”

Their bones and flesh harden,nearly doubling their endurance and threshold to punishment.( Via Janus’s Barbeast Skin).With the now serpentine Cat woman’s body crushing the man’s body,her and the Mandarin’s blows carry much more weight. Halving the man’s physical endurance with their own strikes increasing in power( Via Herculean Strength). The orbs from the avians and the coiling slimey eels around him swarming him.All while their movements become much more swift, closing the encroaching upon the man much faster than before (Via Cheetah’s sprint)

Blinded and unable to hear his even his own voice,the replicas of the Mandarin’s that surrounded the barrier popped into poisonous vapor,flooding the pit. Crushing and squeezing the cells inside the man’s lungs,denying him breathing while decaying the skin on his body.

Quick to recover,the Mandarin summoned all of his duplicates back once more and away from the pit.Having them shield him in a protective body sphere. He castes a forcefield within the bubble.

Crucified men sprout all throughout the land,creating an aura of pain that inflicts the feeling of sharp knifes stabbing you at every joint,muscle,and soft tissue on the body. A gust of air came in around you,pressuring against your movements alone.Holding your limbs and denying any bullet it’s path as well.

“RAGHHHHH”

Inside of the sphere,the Mandarin’s body became more calleous as well. Quickened and strengthened like his golems were. Now covered in a thick layer mucus,both him and his replicates became more durable against any fire (Janus’s Reactive Evolution/Adaptation)

"Her power is our culmination. With it, she, and only she, is capable of rewriting the surroundings and wielding powers the rest of us cannot. Among us three, she's the strongest one."

"I see, so it wasn't an even split then."

Jiraya remarks upon hearing that Machina is stroger than the other two.

"Another question, do the three of you share the same sensations ? For exemple, if i were to poke you on the arm, would all three feel it ?"

"Yes please!" Dy1 says with a smile, still holding Concrehee-ho. "And yeah, they're a trustworthy friend!"
"Indeed so... Here or to go?"
"......Hm. Even if I used a blast here, I don't want to cause unnecessary damage on this land. I'm not a brute after all...."

Jozu lightly touches the ground.

"I'm just lightly shaking this terrain, once they're outside, please attack them."

By focusing his energy on his palms and controlling it to the ground, Jozu transfers his energy to deep below and with precision, destroying the stable ground around the Pillaworms without causing much damage to the underground itself. By applying 'bloodlust' in his energy, the Pillaworms feel danger from the shakings.
[Sorry for missing this. Also of note: Zephyr wants to come in with a new character, and allowed me to take over her current one.]

The Pillaworm immediately reacts, leaping out of the ground and diving towards Jozu and Tyrus with furious intent!

Zephyr and the supposed Melissa 'Valkyrie' Izanami arrive at the scene to see.

"... Gone for 3 minutes and they're already getting into a fight with a giant worm..."

"It do be like that sometimes."

They both draw their blades and start to move in.
She expected to land at least one of those attacks, but, despite her plans being thrown off by this, Serena nonetheless adjusts as quickly as she could.

She continues her advance predictably, seeing the opening, but less predictably, the flaming sphere that is the tank shell turns after missing, continuing to fly right after the opponent. Serena slashes horizontally with her blade, hoping to catch him, as the earlier shot flies right past her to hit the opponent who tried to dodge.
He barely manages to step out of the way of the tank shell as it flies back around, though he's still caught in the blast as it explodes less than a meter away from him, dealing yet further damage to his body. You can tell he's crippled, and thus, a perfect opportunity to strike is formed!...

... But somehow, his eyes flash with determination again, and as she swings downward upon him, he just barely manages to raise his blade in retort, managing to barely deflect it.

... Even through erasure? And... No, it was definitely effected. As you both reorient yourselves, you can see that did rip away at the overall design a little bit, and at that, he had to put in some of his own power behind it... But still, he's not one to be taken lightly.

(You never mentioned Gaunter’s Precog being restricted)

(You were also in a massive pit filled with goo,paralyzing electricity and surrounded by a bunch of summons holding homing soul removing orbs.So I’m assuming your position is still in there since you didn’t mention leaving it nor mentioned even dealing with them.)
[Clearly stated here, unlike literally everything you've been typing in your attempts to be an edgelord. I straight up thought the pit was being spawned on Mandarin with how you phrased it. And even if that's the case, if you're making a pit that employs an ability this guy resists instead of actually dodging the severely amped in speed and AP attacks...]

Before Mandarin can employ his amplifications, the rapid speed shot pierces straight through his head, and the extra shots spread through the area blow the various summons apart.

[And, something I didn't notice earlier that I don't have the patience to forgo for the sake of giving you a chance... I actually made sure to give this guy a powerset so I wouldn't just be pulling stuff out of my rear end.

Wanna know something funky?
unknown.png

unknown.png

He doesn't come back from this.

If you want to keep arguing, let me relay something to you I told InfiniteDays awhile ago:

The GM literally told you to your face it happens. If you don't want to listen to even what he has to say, this game isn't going to be a fun experience for anyone, including and especially you.]

With the monster of the old world dealt with... Well, it's hardly like a new future is carved out. But one less genocidal creature is a boon, isn't it?

Cadman could only figure as much as he takes a few deep breaths, now freed from that pocket dimension, as he starts to walk off into the city at large.

"Akashic coins. You can get them off of the creatures around here."

"Just about anywhere, sonny. Also, alright, coming right up!"

The treeman slowly moves to get a box and put a chocolate cake into it, before placing that box on the counter.

"Here you go. Anything else?"

"Just about anywhere, sonny. Also, alright, coming right up!"

The treeman slowly moves to get a box and put a chocolate cake into it, before placing that box on the counter.

"Here you go. Anything else?"

"Uh, no thank you. I will return with some coins, since you already put the box on the counter."

you're making a pit that employs an ability this guy resists instead of actually dodging the severely amped in speed and AP attacks...]
(What ability? The ability I’m using to make the pit is Earth manip.I’m tearing the ground open,can you even resist earth manip?)
He doesn't come back from this.
(That’s negating ressurection? It’s your RP and it’s fine but that doesn’t exactly negate High-Mid regen that my damage transferral did.You state my summons get blown to pieces,which is what high-mid Regen can Regen from)

"Alright! In the air, just how I like! Final Flash!"

Jozu draws his hands gathering energy and quickly places the bottom of his palms together, firing a long energy beam with piercing abilities at the very last moment on the Pillaworm, towards the sky.

Dy1 pokes Jake. "Um, excuse me but I think they meant me, given I was ordering one." He clarifies
"Oh sorry. We were just talking. "
"Oh, wait a minute. You're a person and not a monster or anything."
"How do people survive here, given the state of the world?"
"What do you know?"

I'm not sure if alastor's precognitive abilities would allow me to perceive the presence of one of the others' characters
[precog is not clairvoyance, and also precog is no good, sorry if I missed that on their page]
"I think that will be all unless you want to buy something, Concrehee-ho?"
"The cake'll be good, hee-ho!"
"Uh, no thank you. I will return with some coins, since you already put the box on the counter."
"I was referring to the metal boy."
Jozu draws his hands gathering energy and quickly places the bottom of his palms together, firing a long energy beam with piercing abilities at the very last moment on the Pillaworm, towards the sky.
The Pillaworm has it's insides get throughly cooked and it dies horribly.

... Though, it occurs to you that you probably should have waited to see how Akashica's phases shifted, because there doesn't seem to be any gem around. Only about 3 Akashic coins and a bunch of Worm meat.

that doesn’t exactly negate High-Mid regen that my damage transferral did
[Remember observation? I do, and Walter has it.]

[Also Paralysis is resisted as well by Walter and Travis Touchdown, so...]

"...What." The bombardment of questions confuses the short robot, but however he responds. "I was given my powers by a being, I just came here from... I think somewhere in the USA? But I know only as much as you do, and then some." He says. "I'm not really a person person but yes I am a person."

He then gently places Concrehee-ho on the floor before grabbing the box. "Alright! Let's go!"

Remember observation? I do, and Walter has it.]
(Fair)
Also Paralysis is resisted as well by Walter and Travis Touchdown, so...]
(I was surrounded by a bubble of dupes in a bit while air pressure was being applied to deflect your bullets and hold your limbs,whilst pain manip was in effect. Most of Gaunter’s abilities are thought based anyways,so idk how you would blitz a thought)

I understand whatever the GM says goes,but you are ignoring somethings I wrote. Even just addressing them with some ability your dude has would be fine,just address it in the first place.

(Lastly can you just list your dudes abilities in a sandbox especially if he was a big character before? Just for easier access))

Last edited:
The Pillaworm has it's insides get throughly cooked and it dies horribly.

... Though, it occurs to you that you probably should have waited to see how Akashica's phases shifted, because there doesn't seem to be any gem around. Only about 3 Akashic coins and a bunch of Worm meat.
"No Amethyst...... Tch... Whatever, I take it."

Jozu picks the Akashic coins and looks at the worm meat.

"....I will have to carry it? If I just had a pot and a piece of paper.."

Jozu thinks about Ether.

"Maybe if I put concentration on it.."

Jozu closes his eyes and tries to gather up Ether, in the same way he usually does with his energy and tries to shape a pot with a "Mafuba' seal written on it.

He barely manages to step out of the way of the tank shell as it flies back around, though he's still caught in the blast as it explodes less than a meter away from him, dealing yet further damage to his body. You can tell he's crippled, and thus, a perfect opportunity to strike is formed!...

... But somehow, his eyes flash with determination again, and as she swings downward upon him, he just barely manages to raise his blade in retort, managing to barely deflect it.

... Even through erasure? And... No, it was definitely effected. As you both reorient yourselves, you can see that did rip away at the overall design a little bit, and at that, he had to put in some of his own power behind it... But still, he's not one to be taken lightly.
He's definitely not going to be an easy opponent to deal with. He's quick on his feet, and it seems like he can even power through Cancel.

Serena quickly appraises her options, and decides on a course of action in response to these events.

Even if he can endure them, if he can't dodge, this would go easier.

"No man more honest ever took an oath; None more true made treaty. None was more pure in love;
And yet none so betrayed all oaths, all treaties, his truest love!
The fire raging within my breast shall melt all taint, all impurity to oblivion!
"

She decided to begin her chant to deploy her briah. The area around her had a slight shimmer from the heat radiating off her, and as she chanted, large pillars of flame erupt from the ground around her target, and she takes a few steps back so he'd have to approach while avoiding the gouts of fire erupting under foot, if he aimed to stop her.

Jozu closes his eyes and tries to gather up Ether, in the same way he usually does with his energy and tries to shape a pot with a "Mafuba' seal written on it.
The Pot and paper is created.

"... Huh. Guess a lot of these things aren't nearly as tough as they seem."

Most of Gaunter’s abilities are thought based anyways
[If this was the case he would have qualified as very high hax and you would have never obtained them in the first place.

Funny how trying to sneak your way into OP hax in an RP can come back to bite you, huh?

Everything you say only reinforces my decision.]

[If this was the case he would have qualified as very high hax and you would have never obtained them in the first place.
(These aren’t abilities that can instant kill you.So summoning fast doesn’t seem like a very high hax,considering both the definitions mentioned in the higher hax or your already present advantages to balance it out anyways.)

(But fine,just say that next time lol)

Jozu sweats a little bit.

".......This felt so unnatural.... Anyway, Mafuba!"

The pot draws the meat towards its inside with a green energy wave, compressing and sealing it. Jozu then puts the much smaller pot hanging near Incursio blade.

"Did you came here to find the Amethyst too? It looks like we're not quite in the right phase.."

@Overlord775

"Sort of, but not fully. The sensation is mostly felt by the one in charge of the body at the moment, but the others can tell whenever something like that happens."

Jozu sweats a little bit.

".......This felt so unnatural.... Anyway, Mafuba!"

The pot draws the meat towards its inside with a green energy wave, compressing and sealing it. Jozu then puts the much smaller pot hanging near Incursio blade.

"Did you came here to find the Amethyst too? It looks like we're not quite in the right phase.."
"Speaking of the Amethyst, the reason I wanted to wait was be we have to wait till this world is at it's brightest"

"Sort of, but not fully. The sensation is mostly felt by the one in charge of the body at the moment, but the others can tell whenever something like that happens."
"I see, i see."

"By the way, if you feel like making questions too, feel free to do so."

Jiraya says, as he asked quite a few ones, so he wonders if there's anything she want to know abour him instead.

"No man more honest ever took an oath; None more true made treaty. None was more pure in love;
And yet none so betrayed all oaths, all treaties, his truest love!
The fire raging within my breast shall melt all taint, all impurity to oblivion!
"

She decided to begin her chant to deploy her briah. The area around her had a slight shimmer from the heat radiating off her, and as she chanted, large pillars of flame erupt from the ground around her target, and she takes a few steps back so he'd have to approach while avoiding the gouts of fire erupting under foot, if he aimed to stop her.
"First rule of battle... IF YOU HAVE TO SHOUT YOUR ATTACK, DON'T BOTHER WITH IT!"

He does indeed outright charge through the flame, letting his armor catch ablaze as he swings his blade down upon them before they can even get halfway through the chant.
So Jake starts looking for the monsters carrying around Akashic coins.
Plenty of options around, he can probably gain quite a few by just tearing things up with a good enough plan of attack.
"Waiting is so boooring...."
A full minute passes. You think it's getting brighter... probably.

A full minute passes. You think it's getting brighter... probably.
"Mumumumu...... Whatever! If things aren't going on your way, you force it to change! Power Ball!"

An angered Jozu throws a energy sphere towards the high on the sky, which stops at some point and starts shining brightly, mimicking the presence of a full moon or so he thought.

"First rule of battle... IF YOU HAVE TO SHOUT YOUR ATTACK, DON'T BOTHER WITH IT!"

He does indeed outright charge through the flame, letting his armor catch ablaze as he swings his blade down upon them before they can even get halfway through the chant.
He'd notice a slight grin pull at the sides of Serena's mouth as he ran through and began his swing. He'd also notice the several panzer rockets aimed at the two of them when he came through the flames which are fired as he reaches her location.

"Aye, you're right on that. But I'm not foolish enough to try and use something I actually have to chant for anyway."

As she's saying this, she moves closer and to the side, hoping to avoid the brunt of the swing, while she simultaneously slashes upward at his arm.

An angered Jozu throws a energy sphere towards the high on the sky, which stops at some point and starts shining brightly, mimicking the presence of a full moon or so he thought.
The sphere reaches up to the sky

... It's probably brighter out now? Maybe?

That said it could be just the phases shifting.

Zephyr and Melissa stand there, waiting as well.

"I think it's getting close, from my vague understanding. Just have to wait like... 2 more minutes?"

"... I need to go."

Zephyr's expression suddenly shifts.

"... What are you talking about?"

"I just... feel like something is awry. Stay with them, please."

Without another word, Zephyr starts running to the west at high speed.

"... Huh. Well, either way..."

Melissa looks back up at the light in the sky.
He'd notice a slight grin pull at the sides of Serena's mouth as he ran through and began his swing. He'd also notice the several panzer rockets aimed at the two of them when he came through the flames which are fired as he reaches her location.

"Aye, you're right on that. But I'm not foolish enough to try and use something I actually have to chant for anyway."

As she's saying this, she moves closer and to the side, hoping to avoid the brunt of the swing, while she simultaneously slashes upward at his arm.
Everything registers at once for him, as his face displays an abundant amount of surprise.

"I had underestimated you..."

Her sword lands hard, embedding itself into his tricep with ease. You can almost feel his arm going limp, and the danger this man carries with him fading substaintly...

...But.

He spins about 270 degrees, and not even bothering to defend, with his spare arm, grabs Serena.

"... BUT LET'S SEE IF YOU CAN STILL COMMIT!"

The panzer fire has no choice but to land at both of them, causing the building to be filled with the explosion, and the interior to be utterly coated in flame.

All of her senses get hit just as her body does. The sudden flash of light and noise serving as more than enough disorientation. She can't tell where her opponent is, but, the inverse is likely the same... Did she win?

Back