• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
It's a bit hard to explain, so I will just throw in examples.

Basically, Sentry has High Regen, aka can come back from a single atom. But he fights someone (let's say Kirby cause I can't think of anyone else who is 4A) who is 4A. So, can the AP gap bypass his Regen and kill the Sentry?

If yes (or no), how big of an AP gap is required to bypass high Regen?

Not for a match up or anything, it's just Regen Vs ap thing always confused me.

Hm, I see. Thanks.

But idk if that makes sense to me. I mean if someone is infinitely stronger (e.g. 2c Vs 5c who happens to have high Regen), they should kill the other person and bypass the Regen. Regen is confusing

It worked like that time ago, that higher D beings could bypass even low, mid, high and (the now nonexistent) true godly regen

But it actually doesn't work like that. First of all, to bypass someone's regen you don't only need high enough AP, but also range enough to cover the regeneration user's body (take the genkidama that killed Buu as an example), and since energy can break the unions between atoms, it can bypass mid-high. But since energy cannot destroy energy (energy does not create nor destroy, it just transform) nor lesser "particles" such as 1-D strings, then doesn't matter if the energy you apply is 4-D or not, since you are not destroying the thing that the user regenerates from

Maybe I'm wrong about the "higher-D attack cannot negate high regen", so, if I am, someone please correct me

Higher AP has no reason to bypass regeneration. That's kinda how it works in real life too.

If you cut an Axoltol' foot, it'll regenerate. Doesn't matter if the pressure on the knife used is of 1 ton or 1000.

Higher AP has no reason to bypass regeneration. That's kinda how it works in real life too.

If you cut an Axoltol' foot, it'll regenerate. Doesn't matter if the pressure on the knife used is of 1 ton or 1000.
And what if the entire Axolotl was punched into a red paste? Would it regenerate its foot from that?

This is what is meant by overcoming regeneration through AP, especially for the lower levels of regeneration which are heavily limited.

As for the OP's question, a huge AP gap should realistically be able to overcome any regeneration that isn't energy based or Low-Godly and above, but whether or not that's accepted here, I have no idea, I have seen arguments made for it overcoming at least Low-High in vs threads though.

Last edited:
And what if the entire Axolotl was punched into a red paste? Would it regenerate its foot from that?

This is what is meant by overcoming regeneration through AP, especially for the lower levels of regeneration which are heavily limited.
It is different tho. Ofc a headshot isn't the same as cutting someone's foot. But the reason isn't AP in itself but how damage is dealt.

I've also been confused about this. I thought that regular AP bypassing regen caps at low high and cannot destroy mid high since you can't destroy molecules with AP. But then I was informed that no you can still do that with AP, but now I'm hearing no you can't so I really am confused about this.

I've also been confused about this. I thought that regular AP bypassing regen caps at low high and cannot destroy mid high since you can't destroy molecules with AP. But then I was informed that no you can still do that with AP, but now I'm hearing no you can't so I really am confused about this.
You can't destroy molecules but you can split them into atoms with ap apparently

I think I’d take Yuri’s word and say it’s probably more about how the damage is dealt then how much damage you deal. For example if you had a 3-A Sword and cut a regen character’s head off he’d probably still be alive. But a giant laser beam 10x the size of the target could kill them

Hm. So essentially what you are saying, it depends on the width of the attack, right? So that leads to another question; can a high 4B essentially bypass the Regen of a mid/low 4-B?

hmm, some forms of high regen should be bypassable with high enough AP, given lets say you destroy the universe on a high 3-A scale, a feat that requires an infinite amount of energy. Atoms themselves can be broken down with enough energy, so if a being with atomic regen is in the middle of a High 3-A explosion, then they should realistically be unable to regen from said attack, as the infinite pressure would cause the atoms to break down.

You could also argue that a low 2-C can bypass anything lower than low Godly on lets say a 3-D being, given they are destroying all of time on a universal scale which would include all physical objects, which things such as subatomic particles as they are part of time space.

Last edited:
hmm, some forms of high regen should be bypassable with high enough AP, given lets say you destroy the universe on a high 3-A scale, a feat that requires an infinite amount of energy. Atoms themselves can be broken down with enough energy, so if a being with atomic regen is in the middle of a High 3-A explosion, then they should realistically be unable to regen from said attack.

You could also argue that a low 2-C can bypass anything lower than low Godly on lets say a 3-D being, given they are destroying all of time on a universal scale which would include all physical objects, which things such as subatomic particles as they are part of time space.
Now that's just confusing, how much AP do you actually need to atomize someone or to break someone's atoms.

I think I’d take Yuri’s word and say it’s probably more about how the damage is dealt then how much damage you deal. For example if you had a 3-A Sword and cut a regen character’s head off he’d probably still be alive. But a giant laser beam 10x the size of the target could kill them
This also would kinda be affected by the nature of the attack itself more than just AP.

An energy beam may have atomizing properties. But a brute force punch with the same AP normally probably wouldn't have that.

Now that's just confusing, how much AP do you actually need to atomize someone or to break someone's atoms.
not sure tbh, but given infinite energy is impossible irl, a high 3-A explosion would theoretically collapse the laws of physics which opens up a whole other can of worms.

AP, Range and Area of Effect...all three are really important to determine which kind of regen can be overpowered.

For example 1A AP thin needle wouldn't be much different than normal needle piercing a human, damage caused would be same...negligible.
But increasing the AoE or say width of the same attack even if it is wall lvl and targeting a vital organ will definitely kill that human...

All in all as long as you can sufficiently damage vital parts of a person you can overpower/bypass any regen.

For High and generic LowGodly for example...best route would be to target the soul as a vital/weak point. In that case even a thin pin with soul hax can kill them....AoE be damned.

For mid-godly....attacks that can affect concepts will neg regen...even if AoE is comically small.

For High-Godly....i don't think nothing short of official High-Godly regen neg works...🤣

You said you can destroy atoms with finite energy, if so then what is the required AP difference.
destroying atoms is probably the wrong term here, as you can't destroy matter conventionally, however you can break them down with enough energy, (ie Nuclear fission or the process of spitting atoms into smaller atoms). So unless said character with basic atomic regen can alter their own atomic structure, then they wouldn't be able to regenerate as portions of the atoms that made them up before would no longer be apart of them.

destroying atoms is probably the wrong term here, as you can't destroy matter conventionally, however you can break them down with enough energy, (ie Nuclear fission or the process of spitting atoms into smaller atoms). So unless said character with basic atomic regen can alter their own atomic structure, then they wouldn't be able to regenerate as portions of the atoms that made them up before would no longer be apart of them.
You can't split atoms into smaller atoms, if you can split atoms that means that atom is gone. But how much energy though??

Back