• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another ~ Sakuya Izayoi vs Bayonetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to point out that this is what is required for an Umbra Witch to be able to use Witch Time:

"As "Overseers of History," they possessed the ability to literally see everything in an instant, also known as Temporal Control. This technique sharpened all of the five senses, and pushed one's emotional energy to its very limits. It is a world where a falling drop of water can become a crown, and a humming-bird slowly and elegantly flaps its wings. Temporal Control is not just simply being able to recognize this world, it also enables one to boost their physical abilities and move freely within that single moment.

Temporal Control requires a sound body and mind, and complete grasp of Spirit Energy. While quite similar, the witches and sages each practiced this art differently, leading to different names for their respective techniques, Witch Time and Light Speed."

This is the level of understanding time that FODDER Umbra Witchees have to have

Huh. Quite detailed. I like.

Though wouldnt that basically apply for many time stoppers? See everything in or within an instant? Though the way it's described... Makes it seem like matrix level or tome stop level reflex booster. Or at least the way they define temporal control.

Upon reading the wiki I pull back my words but also discover... Witch time slows down time and not stops time.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/801793

Now let me just get this over with.

There is absolutely no evidence as to Sakuya leading with erasure, that is a spellcard excuse that got debunked by Fate in that very thread I just linkied.

And this isn't the first time, as she says that same thing here. As Fates responded to me saying the same thing.

But of course I can't find it so FML

Regardless the only "Proof" She leads with Erasure is the fact that she isn't being heald back, which, I shouldnt have to explain

Theres zero evidence she leads with it, Bayonetta wins by showing that she leads with time stop.

It says it slows down time though and only for a fraction of a second?

@rebubles

Uhh I said age regression and searching it up yoelds resentment in bayonetta wiki.

Gotcha thata for mooks then. The understanding part I mean. Though thats a display of senses? Just be aware of your surrounding and soul?

@CoB There are multiple instances of Witch Time stopping time completely, same with Light Speed.

And like i said before, Bayo returned to being an adult in a few seconds after becoming a child

Thats true but Gargoyle. You have to see this analogy.

Do you use a gun on a boxer in a spar?

Does Cole use a black hole to kill an enemy or negate attacks in a spar?

And would they still not use any of those when they have a chance of being killed?

Its not about acting like robots and doing exactly what people do. Its not about a systematic formula that always follows what happens. Humans and characters dont just use the same prior abilities beforehand, when circumstances are different from say "This is a friendly fight!" to a "death battle"

And I literally explained why time erasure even exists in the first place.

@Weekly

Gotcha. Thank you Weekly.

Yes but those are a few seconds of vulnérability. Though not a concrete trump card it could help out.

Is it possible that these time stops are actually massively slowed down time? To thr point that nothing is moving but some are?

From what I'm seeing, Bazillions isn;'t the best OHK judging that it sometimes takes more than one blast to completely atomize even a slightly stronger Angel (God forbid a boss) vs an ability that erases projectiles. Plus, Sakuya still has a better set of time w/ her aging, "oh, aging can't be the best?" then age and erase on the spot.

If we're going by who'd likely bring it their OHK first, it'd likely be Sakuya since Bazillions isn't a starting weapon of choice unlless equipped in any cutscene and erasure is a broader range. Bullet dodging is easier at that point.

And given they start in character, Bayonetta's overconfidence or sadism would likely get the better of her if she gets one lick before Sakuya counters with any of her other abilities like Deflation World

One of her secrets that compresses the flow of time. Compressed time allows the past and future to exist in the present at the same time. You have to deal with all of them, so it's quite a tough move.

And thats when playing FAIR. Which even then is hard to do given the knives just appear from past and future at once. Imagine if shes serious and has one spawn inside Bayonetta's heart/brain/eyes/etc

Bayo leads with time stop and proceeds to tear her entire body apart with atomic hax while Sakuya cant defend herself, or sucks her soul out with Shuraba. And even if Bayo doesnt go with Bazillions its not like Love is Blue isnt going to do anything to Sakuya, Sakuya isnt going to be dodging or erasing anything in stopped time.

Oh Weekly can you point to videos of Bayo starting with bullet time? Because sadism and arrogance is a big weakness. If she wants to torment Sakuya thats an instant lose since that means Sakuya will pull time erasure.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Oh Weekly can you point to videos of Bayo starting with bullet time? Because sadism and arrogance is a big weakness. If she wants to torment Sakuya thats an instant lose since that means Sakuya will pull time erasure.

Bullet Time or Witch Time? Theyre two completely different things.

And theyre a weakness but not a BIG weakness

Thats on the trivia. It also says it doesnt work on all enemies and most bosses.

Both would be good.

And Id say a simple time stop is not superior to time haxx on the level of making time your play thing.

Once again, unless you resist it, if someone stops you in time, no matter how good you are at manipulating it, you are stopped.

Either way for those questioning Witch Time being Time Stop, here.

One can find Time Stop feats as a possibility by looking at Lumen Sages whose Lightspeed is the Lumen version of Witch Time. Here is a source of they're Light Speed being Time Stop.

https://youtu.be/5Lxrw6VsCgw?t=238

https://youtu.be/Lxx59ElBnLA?t=7

Here is a source of a fellow Umbra Witch stopping time.

https://youtu.be/epm53w9mRNQ?t=67

Even with Time Slow, unless they resist it, they are basically slowed down to a point where they can hardly think or react. This is shown in the countless examples of her Witch Time. Here is an example of her stopping time. Either that or she slowed it so far that it has almost come to a screeching halt. Weekly will still have to go searching, but at the end of said fight it appears time is stopped. Of course one thing that you may argue is that it starts of looking like the opponent is still moving. However, as we soon see, almost instantly we see them come to a halt.

I mean it's still an assumption to say a character cant move under stopped time. And Ill discusss CRT with Saikou before posting it. Better to halt the voting Scarlet.

And thanks Dragon.

I'm going to also mention the fact that if there's even a fraction of a second for Sakuya to survive after time stop, she could just use her DDC bomb ability to wipe out the bullets, then give herself a second chance if she's hit again, which would result in the bullets AGAIN being wiped out. All during which she could use one or more of her own spell cards, or even her skill cards to create a massive storm of knives that can literally move through time as Sakuya pleases.

Just an FYI @Scarlet, go ahead and change me to inconclusive. I think that Sakuya would be able to survive against Bayo with her bomb abilities, and her spell cards, AND her skill cards.

If there's even a split second after the time stop and when Sakuya would be hit, she can activate any one of her bomb abilities, all of which I believe remove all bullets on the field. Considering that in-game it literally takes less than a second to activate, that's why I think it's possible. It would basically become an endurance fight, and I honestly think Sakuya would survive during an endurance fight.

It's more projectiles than bullets, the danmaku in-game are just called "bullets". It removes stuff like musical notes after all.

I'm not sure how Sakuya would be affected by that. It can do something to the soul, right? Even so, it would be a question of whether Bayo could get it off while Saku is throwing endless knives at her from all directions, PLUS she can summon a bunch of different versions of herself.

It literally removes her soul and absorbs it. And Bayo has damage negation, attack reflection, and invulnerability to deal with knives assuming she didnt try to use Shuraba in stopped time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back