• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another OPM revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, I don't think I was getting notifications for this thread, even though I'm following it. Weird. Well, that or I just glossed over them.

So what are we talking about now?

No. Knocking someone back isn't the same as harming them. Rover's AP scales to Bang and Bomb's durability. It is a stonewall. I very doubt that Bang and Bomb's combined attacks < Rover's energy blasts. I think they are stronger.
What proof do you have that they are stronger? Bang and Bomb are actually comparable in their stats, and Fubuki even states that Bang and Bomb would've been very much injured if she hadn't shield them both.

For some reason, I don't think I was getting notifications for this thread, even though I'm following it. Weird. Well, that or I just glossed over them.

So what are we talking about now?
Some scaling, and Genos scaling to psykorochi.

What proof do you have that they are stronger? Bang and Bomb are actually comparable in their stats, and Fubuki even states that Bang and Bomb would've been very much injured if she hadn't shield them both.
What I'm saying is that when did Rover get any hurt from Bang and Bomb's attacks? We have literally no proof suggests that Rover's energy blasts can harm itself.

His attacks could very much heavily harm bang and Bomb, which is consistent with Bang and Bomb not being able to harm rover.

It does show his attacks are around the same level, plus even if his dura is higher, Rover isn't gonna get insanely inflated dura compared to his AP like say, garou. Both would still be: At least 7-B, possibly 7-A+

Yes, I don’t think anyone ever said otherwise. But his durability does scale above his AP.

Yeah. Rover's AP scales to Bang/Bomb's durability and not its own durability. Because it didn't harm anyone who in turn can harm itself, so basically we have no proof of it being able to harm itself.

Also, since Suiryu and Choze were mentioned in the OP, can we get Choze's Lifting Strength downgraded to Unknown? Choze has no reason to scale to Suiryu in terms of Lifting Strength, seeing as how they never grapple, are never stated to be comparable, and never fight each other in a manner that allows Choze to scale to his Lifting Strength. In fact, Suiryu is portrayed as superior to Choze in terms of physical ability.
  • Choze grabbed Suiryu's arms, while they were stationary, and tried to drive his horns into Suiryu's chest, but Suiryu stood there and tanked it.
  • Suiryu is consistently knocking Choze around with his punches and kicks.
  • Suiryu grabbed Choze by his horns and effortlessly snapped his horn and slammed him into his knee.
  • Choze ultimately lost, with Suiryu manhandling his body in the end.
Maybe what Nullflowerblush suggested above regarding Choze' LS?

Also that would downgrade a goods chunk of monsters, because some dragon level monster scale above choze iirc. Could someone go and find that?

I believe you forgot First Form Gyoro Gyoro in the OP. Wouldn’t she scale to H-M Garou’s durability since she could pin him down with telekinesis?

I'm not sure if pinning someone down with telekinesis is a physical feat? Isn't that like a durability negation thing

So after reading the fight, yeah I agree with the LS downgrade. There's no clear moment where you could argue that Choze is comparable in terms of physical strength. In fact this scene here should make it very clear that Suiryu's muscles are superior.

I'm not sure if pinning someone down with telekinesis is a physical feat? Isn't that like a durability negation thing
Overpowering TK would be a LS showing based on our system. since you're overcoming them trying to hold you with your muscles. Though I don't know how to factor that with Blizzard's statement about willpower in the webcomic.

The bigger issue with most TK stuff isn't them matching it, as much as without a form of flight or gravity/density manipulation you can't stop yourself from being lifted.

If Ugarik’s calc is accepted, because it’s too far into High 6-A for Genos to downscale.
He won't scale to it. Only named attacks have any grounds for scaling and one is explicitly not intended to be on the same level. Qaw literally pointed out right now that Psykos' smaller attacks aren't accepted for scaling.

Last edited:
We already went over this, Matthew. Genos deflected an attack from Psykos’ main body (which Qawsdef said would have similar power to her High 6-A attack) and directly clashed with one.

And before you say deflecting an attack isn’t enough to scale, that was also gone over earlier by FinePoint, who then changed his stance on it.

There's also th fact that Ugarik's calc is measuring the Potential Energy of the sliced continent falling back onto the ground and he gets a result that would destroy the surface of the Earth several times over:
  • Not only does no such effect ever happen, with the falling continent only producing a tsunami, but also
  • This is blatantly non-scalable to Psykos herself, as her beam is only responsible for slicing and detaching the continent from the Earth, not the falling land itself.
Upgrading Psykos based on it is unnaceptable because it is calculating something that she doesn't even do.

We already went over this, Matthew. Genos deflected an attack from Psykos’ main body (which Qawsdef said would have similar power to her High 6-A attack) and directly clashed with one.
Incorrect, you went over it but you failed to present your argument that makes it acceptable. And in both instances it is performed with named special attacks showing that regular Genos doesn't scale to it. Do you understand the concept of why a named attack would be stronger than a generic blast.

Similarly, why would a small blast that Psykos only hold for a fraction of a second (given all of Genos' fight with her happens within a 10-second window) scale to a giant, thousands of kilometers wide beam that she holds continuously for almost a minute.

Do you understand the problem here? Psykos' smaller beams do not scale to her big beam because they fail to both from a wattage perspective and also from a practical size perpective.

Yeah, this attack right here wasn’t ever given a name, so...

Also I’d love to see where it was stated that Psykos held her High 6-A blast for nearly a minute.

And like Qawsdef said earlier, Tatsumaki was concerned about Psykos’ beams hitting the ground because of them producing similar effects (and she was including the dragon head beams in that statement), and on top of that, Psykos thought her blast (the one that Genos deflected) would be enough to harm Tatsumaki despite seeing her withstand the High 6-A beam.

Yeah, this attack right here wasn’t ever given a name, so...
IT's the Thunder Drill Cannon, Genos states in the same chapter, did you miss it?

Also I’d love to see where it was stated that Psykos held her High 6-A blast for nearly a minute.
Estimation based on people in other cities reacting to it as she fires it, and the fact that it produces winds that reach that far away.

And like Qawsdef said earlier, Tatsumaki was concerned about Psykos’ beams hitting the ground because of them producing similar effects (and she was including the dragon head beams in that statement), and on top of that, Psykos thought her blast (the one that Genos deflected) would be enough to harm Tatsumaki despite seeing her withstand the High 6-A beam.
A beam does hit the ground and it destroys a building at one point, proving not all beams produce similar effects.

I have no problem with the Spiral Cannon scalling.

IT's the Thunder Drill Cannon, Genos states in the same chapter, did you miss it?
This is the Thunder Drill Cannon.
Estimation based on people in other cities reacting to it as she fires it, and the fact that it produces winds that reach that far away.
So your entire wattage argument is based on an estimation, which hasn’t even been calced nor is it considered in either of the current High 6-A calcs.
A beam does hit the ground and it destroys a building at one point, proving not all beams produce similar effects.

I have no problem with the Spiral Cannon scalling.
Or the beam simply has less DC, not less AP. And from the way the beam is drawn, it’s from a dragon head, not a beam from her main body.

I know, I’m not talking about the True Spiral Incineration Cannon.

This is the Thunder Drill Cannon.
Genos opens his body and shoots it, it's the same attack. I'm not sure how you are misremembering it so vividly.

So your entire wattage argument is based on an estimation, which hasn’t even been calced nor is it considered in either of the current High 6-A calcs.
Proving the calcs are wrong, it's that simple. They are ignoring basic science, I'm sorry.

Or the beam simply has less DC, not less AP. And from the way the beam is drawn, it’s from a dragon head, not a beam from her main body.
You can't simultaneously argue that "Oh, the beams would cause similar results because Tatsumaki was worried" but then when a beam hits the ground and it doesn't say it doesn't matter. That is major cognitive dissonance, I can't believe you seriously believe it. Similarly you can't rate a character a tier solely because how big a blast is and then act like the smaller blasts are comparable.

The Dragon Head beams and Psykos' small beams are comparable in power.

I know, I’m not talking about the True Spiral Incineration Cannon.
She was convinced that Tatsumaki would die because her arms were pierced, she was being electrocuted and her powers were temporarily nullified. It is not a requirement for that beam to be as strong as the continental-blast, specially since Tatsumaki had just destroyed Psykos' body from within while also depriving her from her immediate roots, does greatly reducing her energy.

The beam is even fired straight into space where it explodes and the ensuing explosion is nowhere near as big as the damage of the continental beam, the panels themselves show that beam is weaker.

The best thing to do is not to use the Psykos feat because he ignores basic physics and uses the Low 6-B material.

The best thing to do is not to use the Psykos feat because he ignores basic physics and uses the Low 6-B material.
The physics thing was already discussed though, and Genos feat still applies. The actual best thing would be to let Matt make his own thread and explain his problems with the High 6-A calc itself.

The physics thing was already discussed though, and Genos feat still applies. The actual best thing would be to let Matt make his own thread and explain his problems with the High 6-A calc itself.
I have no problem with calculating the beam.

I have problems with:

1. Thinking that Psykos is at her peak just like when she shot it for the whole fight (She got weaker after Tatsumaki tore her from the inside out and she reformed mishapenly)
2. Thinking that small spam beams are just as strong.
3. Applying the yield of the continent falling back to Earth to Psykos when that is just a consequence of gravity.

I have no problem with calculating the beam.

I have problems with:

1. Thinking that Psykos is at her peak just like when she shot it for the whole fight (She got weaker after Tatsumaki tore her from the inside out and she reformed mishapenly)
2. Thinking that small spam beams are just as strong.
3. Applying the yield of the continent falling back to Earth to Psykos when that is just a consequence of gravity.
You just said that the calcs were wrong though?

And nobody’s saying that the dragon heads are just as strong, it’s the beams from her main body that would have similar (maybe not equal, but similar) power.

The recalc is using it and I pointed out how its bad.
No, this is PE, which is where the mass (part of the planet) reached a height, it does not use time or anything, it is only necessary to have such energy to reach that altitude. It would be what you mentioned if he was using KE

And nobody’s saying that the dragon heads are just as strong, it’s the beams from her main body that would have similar (maybe not equal, but similar) power.
Those small beams that Psykos spams in bulk which Genos small intercepts wih small blasts of his own aren't similar in power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back