• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another OPM revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Durability scales to AP, if the AP is physical in question. Genos wouldn't get High 6-A durability for matching Psykos as an example, because his enhanced beams are irrelevant to his physicals
  • AP does not inherently scale to durability. Stone Walls, Mighty Glaciers, and Brick Walls are all terms that exist for a reason. A character can be 8-C durability wise but only 9-A AP wise. The only time they would scale in a 1:1 ratio is if they physically harm themselves with their attacks due to the force.
  • AP to durability scaling can work through intermediaries. Plenty of profiles have a 7-B durability feat, then X hurts the person with a punch, then Y hurts X. In this case their AP would scale to their durability, due to a chain existing
Thank you

We all know that Garou's AP scales to his durability always. It is just that in this case, he hadn't had the chance to prove that. I think we should treat that feat as outlier and give him Low 7-B overall. But if everyone okays with his durability being that far above his own AP, I have to agree as well.

We all know that Garou's AP scales to his durability always. It is just that in this case, he hadn't had the chance to prove that. I think we should treat that feat as outlier and give him Low 7-B overall. But if everyone okays with his durability being that far above his own AP, I have to agree as well.
Why is it an outlier, and there's literally no hard evidence that proves that his AP scale stop his dura, do you have scans for that?

As others said. In other instances, he always proved that he could harm opponents who could harm himself. It is just that, in that case, he hadn't had the chance to prove that because he didn't fight anyone who was on his level. The only small proof I can think of is when Royal Ripper pierced his stomach and he immediately one-shot it afterward.

Genos has been pretty consistently able to tank his own attacks. From the first time Kabuto blew his blast back at him to when he stood in the epicenter of the blast he used to fry Elder Centipede's insides.
However I hope no one is going to argue that his durability scales to his 10 second mode's output when it's explicitly stated that it's unbalanced.

Still the Geno's and psykorochi beams scaling, and the scaling for some others hasn't exactly been given thumbs up by everyone.

Well. Actually, BoS Genos had some upgrades before he fought Deep Sea King iirc. Perhaps we should make another key for him so that he can scale to Deep Sea King.

IIRC, that idea was rejected similar to first key orochi, as there wasn't that much for a difference to justify a new key. I'd go with "High 7-C, higher with upgrades" instead of a new key

Last edited:
Still the Geno's and psykorochi beams scaling, and the scaling for some others hasn't exactly been given thumbs up by everyone.
What is there with Genos/Psykos that’s left to discuss? The “issue” with Genos deflecting her beams at an angle was sorted out and Qawsdef said that the beams fired by Psykos’ main body are similarly-powered to the High 6-A one, and Genos was shown to deflect and clash with beams from her main body. It seems pretty clear-cut to me.

Yeah, I don't really understand Matt's statement either...

It's like he's trying really hard to limit Genos' AP for no other reason than:

A. He said he could destroy a meteor (Which for some reason he thinks is the absolute limit of his power)
B. A broken-off piece of Psykos blast only destroyed a building.
C. The beam isn't the same size (Has already been disputed multiple times).

• Not every beam fired by Neuron Psykos is High 6-A, as evidence when the dragon mouths don't nuke country sized areas on missed shots. However, all of the beams fired from Psykos herself seems to carry similar or at least notable levels of power. Tornado explicitly mentioned that she needed to make sure none of Psykos' main beams hit the Earth in order to avoid more collateral damage.
This is my point. The small beams can't be as powerful or comparable

So only the Geno's and psykorochi beams need to be discussed right? Afaik Ugarik's new calc hasn't been approved yet

If those are the only things left could the rest of the changes be applied if everyone is in agreement with them. Also Ugarik's calc could take a bit to be accepted so it might be best to apply the other changes while we wait.

Basically, the psykos, tats and genos stuff and the new calc are still in discussion. I'll update the OP later. The changes can be applied after I update the OP. I'll comment when the changes can be applied later on

Uga's calc doesn't change the tier or the scaling. As soon as its accepted the link can just be updated.

I know, we're just waiting ofr it to be accepted, but apparently Matthew has problems with it.

If it's accepted, then Genos would not downscale to 6-A+ anymore, but that discussion is still ongoing.

Updated the OP. Anyone willing to put the changes or just me? And besides the Tatsumaki, pyskorochi and Genos stuff. Does anyone have any last objections to the changes?

Rover can hurt Bang with its energy attacks. So its AP scales to Bang's durability and doesn't scale to its own durability.

Rover can harm Bang and Bomb.

Rover can tank hits from amped Bang and Bomb at the same time.

His AP and durability are the same tier, but his durability scales above his AP.

Here, he wasn't really affected by it that much later tho.

But basically, his dura and attacks are both above Bang's and Bomb's AP and dura. therefore he shouldn't have unbalanced ratings.

No. Knocking someone back isn't the same as harming them. Rover's AP scales to Bang and Bomb's durability. It is a stonewall. I very doubt that Bang and Bomb's combined attacks < Rover's energy blasts. I think they are stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back