• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another OPM revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator

Possibly 7-A removal for some​

First thing we're gonna cover is the removal of "possibly 7-A" for some characters. Reasoning for this being that there is not much to prove that PsykoJet is stronger than Prime Psykos. As well as the fact Pri Pri Prisoner could harm PsykoJet, which under the logic that she is stronger than Prime Psykos, means: PsykoJet > Prime Psykos > Gyoro Gyoro > Pre-DarkShine Half Monster Garou. And take note. The Half Monster Garou that fought PPP is stronger than the Half Monster Garou that battled Orochi and was held down by a Gyoro Gyoro that was holding back, which contradicts the scaling.

Complete removal of "possibly 7-A" new ratings:

Drive Knight: City level (Defeated Nyan)

Post-EC Genos: City level (Could fight against PsykoJet alongside Drive Knight)

Puri Puri Prisoner: At least Large Town level (When using less than half of his full power, he was able to curbstomp a monster that was just as powerful as the Deep Sea King, which was confirmed by Murata. Harmed PsykoJet, who was weakened by Atomic Samurai)

Nyan: Small City level+ (As a Dragon level threat he should be superior to Hundred-Eyes Octopus)

Others:

Overgrown Rover and Elder Centipede: Their ratings are fine, they don’t receive any changes.

Homeless Emperor and Black Sperm: Their ratings are also fine.

Bang and Bomb: Keep the same ratings

Darkshine: Stays because he wrecked first key Garou's dura. It should be noted that Darkshine's dura is higher than his AP

Carnage Kabuto: Stays

Fubuki: Becomes "Low 7-B+, possibly 7-A" vie being able to somewhat block attacks from Rover despite being weaker.

Half-Monster Garou: Keeps the same rating. Garou survived multiple attacks from Rover, so he downscales and his durability key should be: "Small City level+, possibly Mountain level, up to City level, possibly Mountain level+ via reactive evolution"

Atomic Samurai and Flashy Flash: Both are superior to Half Monster Garou, so they stay

Psykos: Her tiers stay the same, but she needs a new key for Psykosjet, which should be 7-B, scaling to Drive Knight

Evil Eye: This guy should just be 7-C, as I highly contest against scaling him to Fubuki. Firstly, I feel leads to circular scaling. Fubuki downscales from a Dragon level threat, and while Evil Eye's threat level is unknown, he is most certainly not a threat level Dragon, as he is not listed as a cadre. And id the Cadres supposedly upscale from him, then Fubuki would downscale from Rover, and you see where this is going? Also, before someone brings in that: "Fubuki blocking Rover's attacks is an outlier". The Manga or the source Material >>> Murata's statements, who already mentions himself as a not fully valid Word Of God. This is the case where I feel Murata is invalid

Some rescaling​

@Nullflowerblush made a revised profile for Garou, check it out.

Garou is currently rated as Large Town level+ for being able to contend with Genos while Genos was holding back against Garou. This is untrue for a few reasons.

1. Genos is very clearly Bloodlusted in the fight

2. Garou yanked off Genos, there are metal bits shown near it, meaning it was yanked off by force

3. The Garou that fought Genos is not the same as the Garou we see when he fights TTM. This due to the reason Garou states that Post Superfight Genos = TTM. And during the Garou vs TTM fight, Garou was clearly getting wrecked up until he used WSRSF, a technique that attacks pressure point and redirects attacks. And we see the supposed "weaker" forest Garou that fought against Post-Superfight Genos, who is on par with TTM, and was wrecking Garou up until Garou used WSRSF. Garou also is known to get stronger the more he fights.

4. I don't think the weakened Forest Garou is necessarily stronger than Genos despite being able to rip off Genos' arm, as he was avoiding a lot of Genos' attacks and there were times where it's implied Genos would've likely killed him. So the new scaling is:

Peak Forest Garou => Post Superfight Genos (Low 7-B) = Weakened Forest Garou = TTM => Garou first appearance without WSRSF (Downscales to High 7-C+, as he could still somewhat tank attacks from TTM, who scale to Post Superfight Genos, whos is baseline Low 7-B)

Attack Potency: Large Town level+ (Was able to somewhat contend with Tanktop Master, albeit being weaker) Small City level with Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist (Effortlessly pummeled Tanktop Master into a wall, albeit while striking his vitals and weak points, before ultimately knocking him out with a casual blow, at the beginning of his hero hunt. Outclassed a pumped Metal Bat in combat and left him in critical condition), up to Small City level (Despite having lost most of his strength as a result of exhaustion, blood loss, and poison, he managed to hold his own against Post-Superfight Genos and implied he would perform better against him in peak condition)

Characters who should be upgraded to Small City level are Royal Ripper, Bug God (These 2 fought a version of Garou after he fought genos) and Tank Top Master

Also Suiryu should not scale to Garou as his scaling comes from an Anime OVA, and we don't use Anime stuff. Also in that OVA, I find it unlikely that both were being fully serious about the fight. Also the profile stating that he is superior to early Genos has no basis to it.

His stats should be "At most Small City level", downscaling from Bakuzan and could break his toe, who is Small City level+

His speed should be At least MHS, scaling from Iaian, as Suiryu and Iaian have been both mentioned to be S-Class level.

Choze should scale to him as accordingly

Miscellaneous​

- Melzalgald should be upgraded to "7-B" or "At least Low 7-B" as he was able to contend against 4 strong S-Class heroes.

- Atomic Samurai should have Mid-High regeneration negation, as displayed in his battle against Black Sperm, he was able to cut Black sperm to the point some of Black sperm couldn't regenerate (If that made sense)

- God should be Large Size (Type 2) via this calc

- Psykorochi, Ten second Genos and Tatsuamki are getting a new calc with this. The current calc is now 254 petatons instead of 5, meaning Genos should lose his 6-A+ key since some characters scale to that. Not much of an upgrade for other Psykorochi and Tatsumaki tho.

- Black sperm should have his mid high regen replaced with low high

- BOS or first key Genos should have "At least Massively Hypersonic, possibly Massively Hypersonic+" as he scales to dry Deep Sea King. Characters who scale to BOS Genos are Mosquito Girl, Armored Gorilla and Beast King

- BOS Genos should have "High 7-C, higher with Arms Mode" and DSK should be written that he scales to Arms mode Genos.

- Choze's LS shouldn't scale to suiryu as NullFlowerBush, his reasoning being:

Also, since Suiryu and Choze were mentioned in the OP, can we get Choze's Lifting Strength downgraded to Unknown? Choze has no reason to scale to Suiryu in terms of Lifting Strength, seeing as how they never grapple, are never stated to be comparable, and never fight each other in a manner that allows Choze to scale to his Lifting Strength. In fact, Suiryu is portrayed as superior to Choze in terms of physical ability.
  • Choze grabbed Suiryu's arms, while they were stationary, and tried to drive his horns into Suiryu's chest, but Suiryu stood there and tanked it.
  • Suiryu is consistently knocking Choze around with his punches and kicks.
  • Suiryu grabbed Choze by his horns and effortlessly snapped his horn and slammed him into his knee.
  • Choze ultimately lost, with Suiryu manhandling his body in the end.

Last edited:
I doubt that's gonna get accepted, but I feel I should just throw in here lol

I brought this up in a previous thread, but Half Monster Garou should downscale from Rover since he took multiple blasts point blank. This would also let Darkshine, flashy and atomic keep there possible 7-A ratings.

Don't have time to read through everything, but the last statement cannot be used as it from Murata and not ONE.

I'll just remove it.

I brought this up in a previous thread, but Half Monster Garou should downscale from Rover since he took multiple blasts point blank. This would also let Darkshine, flashy and atomic keep there possible 7-A ratings.
I doubt he fully scales tho, he thought he was gonna die

Darkshine’s AP doesn’t have a reason to be 7-A+ anymore, only his durability. And Bang and Bomb would lose the + in their 7-A rating since Darkshine doesn’t scale. Fubuki should also lose the + in her 7-A since she’s downscaling.

If Garou downscales from Rover, then Darkshine (and therefore Bang/Bomb) could keep the +.

I doubt he fully scales tho, he thought he was gonna die
He survived not one, but multiple and even Rover thrashing him around. If Fubuki can get a 7-A rating from barley blocking one attack from a weakened Rover then Garou who took multiple from a healthy rover should as well.

Darkshine’s AP doesn’t have a reason to be 7-A+ anymore, only his durability. And Bang and Bomb would lose the + in their 7-A rating since Darkshine doesn’t scale. Fubuki should also lose the + in her 7-A since she’s downscaling.

If Garou downscales from Rover, then Darkshine (and therefore Bang/Bomb) could keep the +.
Why are they losing the +?

Darkshine could contend against Kabuto, who could contedn against him. Darkshine can pretty much tank hits from Bang

Also Darkshine can harm Half-monster Garou who can hit Darkshine hard enough to make him cough up blood.
I already said Darkshine would keep it if Garou downscales from Rover.
Darkshine could contend against Kabuto, who could contedn against him. Darkshine can pretty much tank hits from Bang
And how does any of this prove Darkshine’s AP scales? Because his dura scales above his AP.

That was only after he broke his limiter

Doesn't your dura kinda scale to your AP if you can harm someone who can harm you?
Darkshine literally stated that he doesn’t even know how to harm himself, and you’d have to prove that Kabuto harmed him. Just because you fight someone for a significant period of time, it doesn’t mean you’re capable of harming them.

Hard disagree on Atomic Samurai having regen negation, he literally vaporized him. The whole point of that move was that he destroyed all of his cells at once so he couldn't duplicate.

He could still contend against multiple of them tho, he should get an "At least" at the very least.

No, he really shouldn’t. Literally nothing about that fight implies he could contend with them in AP, and he only held on for so long because of his regen.

Wasn't the whole point of that fight is that they couldn't permanently take him out because they couldn't find his brain/vitals? I don't think he should scale unless he's specifically shown harming them.

Melzalgald landed one hit the entire fight, and it didn’t even hurt Bang.

Well, I hard disagree with him scaling then. His durability should scale at most if he tanked hits, but from what i'm remembering every hit he takes demolishes him.

Well, I hard disagree with him scaling then. His durability should scale at most if he tanked hits, but from what i'm remembering every hit he takes demolishes him.
Pretty much. Even Iaian, an 8-A could slice him up.

Overall, I disagree with Atomic Samura's regen neg and Melzalgald scaling. As far as I can tell, everything else looks good.

I concur. Atomic Samurai didn't actually negate regeneration as we think of it, he simply cut them up to the point they couldn't regenerate.
Regeneration negation involves actually preventing them from regenerating from damage they would normally be able to regenerate from.

I'm fine with 7-A Darkshine. Like full blown. Being able to compete with Bang and take no damage from his blows, and harm Garou before he started to break his limiter to me shows he is worthy of the rating.

Agree with the downgrades on the other S-Class heroes.

I'd have Flashy Flash and Atomic Samurai only have "Possibly 7-A" because all they have is Darkshine's statement that they could defeat Garou.

About 6-A Genos. He only did that feat with a charged named attack as well, the one he said could destroy the Giant Meteor that would have wiped out Z-City. Personally I'd change 10-Second Mode Genos to:

Attack Potency: Unknown Physically, At least Small Country level, likely higher with Thunder Drill Cannon (Described it as capable of destroying the Giant Meteor that threatened Z-City in a single shot, and could also indirectly contend with Psykos' blasts, diverting their trajectory), Multi-Continent level with True Spiral Incineration Cannon.

Also Suiryu should not scale to Garou as his scaling comes from an Anime OVA, and we don't use Anime stuff. Also in that OVA, I find it unlikely that both were being fully serious about the fight. Also the profile stating that he is superior to early Genos has no basis to it.
ONE was involved in writing the Season 1 and Season 2 OVAs actually. And he and Murata did the character designs for all the original monsters and characters from the Season 2 OVAs.

unknown.png

epdQIkm.png

Source for the info above is The Season 2 Guide.

Using the OVAs is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back