• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another OPM revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that Garou apparently isn't stonewall, why would we treat him like that? We should either scale his AP to his durability, or treat his feats of surviving River's attacks as outlier.

Unless something contradicts his durability scaling to his ap I don't see a reason for it not to scale.
AP does not scale to durability unless Low 7-B+ Half monster Garou has actually shown he can legit harm someone who can harm him. That's how it works on the wiki apparently

Yeah, you can’t assume AP scales to your dura without an actual reason. Also I just thought of something.

Gyoro Gyoro could restrain Garou after he became capable of taking Rover blasts, so should GG also scale?

Yeah, you can’t assume AP scales to your dura without an actual reason. Also I just thought of something.

Gyoro Gyoro could restrain Garou after he became capable of taking Rover blasts, so should GG also scale?
Doesn't he already?

Probably "At least 8-A, likely far higher" via being superior to Iaian. Also there's nothing backing him being stronger than Suiryu or Choze. I think he boasted about being stronger than Nuclear Samurai but I doubt that's true.

He claimed he was stronger than him, but there’s nothing really backing that up iirc.

AP does not scale to durability unless Low 7-B+ Half monster Garou has actually shown he can legit harm someone who can harm him. That's how it works on the wiki apparently
If something is shown to contradict that then yes, but literally nothing does in Garou's case. Garou is a physical fighter who has nothing that says his durability is that massively above his ap. Literally the next time we see Garou he hurts people that can harm him. So unless his ap magically increased to match his durability in only a few hours when before those two stats have never been that far apart it doesn't make sense. If Garou was something like a glass cannon like 10 sec Genos or a wall like Darkshine then that would make sense. We scale a ton of characters not just in OPM, but in other verses this way especially mostly physical verses like OPM were most of the fighters are bricks.

If something is shown to contradict that then yes, but literally nothing does in Garou's case. Garou is a physical fighter who has nothing that says his durability is that massively above his ap. Literally the next time we see Garou he hurts people that can harm him. So unless his ap magically increased to match his durability in only a few hours when before those two stats have never been that far apart it doesn't make sense. If Garou was something like a glass cannon like 10 sec Genos or a wall like Darkshine then that would make sense. We scale a ton of characters not just in OPM, but in other verses this way especially mostly physical verses like OPM were most of the fighters are bricks.
AP doesn't scale to dura unless Garou harms someone who can harm him, it's as simple as that and that's how it works. If other verses scale AP to dura without that, then they're wrong I'm afraid.

I'm pretty sure it does work like that actually. Unless something contradicts the scaling then Garou is not a stonewall. Why would we assume that his dura is way higher than his offensive capability when throughout the series he's always shown to have a perfect balance, similar to Bang. His strength grows with his durability... He was stomped by Tanktop Master, then became strong enough to stomp him. He was stomped by Darkshine, then became strong enough to stomp him.

The amount of verses that scale power to dura like this is immense...

Even many of the OPM characters do this, lmao what?

Most of those verses and characters should be downgraded then, multiple wrongs do not make a right.

If Garou has no proof going for his AP scaling to his durability beyond argument by incredulity then it should be downgraded.

lol guess like half the wiki should be downgraded then. You can go ahead and make the CRT if you think that's the case.

Hell, by that logic Saitama's Dura is Low 6-B to 6-B and he is thus a glass canon...

That's not really the concern of people on this thread. If you think so then go ahead or at least bring it the supporter's attention. Whataboutism won't really affect this.

lol guess like half the wiki should be downgraded then. You can go ahead and make the CRT if you think that's the case.

Hell, by that logic Saitama's Dura is Low 6-B to 6-B and he is thus a glass canon...
No? Durability scale to AP, but AP does not scale to durability unless that character has shown harming someone who can harm them. It's not vice versa. Saitama is irrelevant here because his dura comes from his AP.

What do you mean? That's LITERALLY what I'm saying.

Saitama has never shown a High 6-A durability feat so he shouldn't have High 6-A durability by your logic.

Saitama can scale to his own AP via not ripping his arm off every time he throws a punch.

No? Durability scale to AP, but AP does not scale to durability unless that character has shown harming someone who can harm them. It's not vice versa. Saitama is irrelevant here because his dura comes from his AP.
If Dura scales to AP Garou's dura scales...

Emirp. You are stating the opposite of what you should be stating for that to be true.

Plank, So then you are saying the opposite? That AP can scale to Dura but not vice versa?

I can understand that sorta, but not when the character in question has absolutely never been shown/depicted as a glass canon...

Emirp. You are stating the opposite of what you should be stating for that to be true.
I really aren't?

Ok, basically, it's like this:

If a character has 5-B AP, then they should have 5-B dura unless contradicted

If a character has 5-B durability, then they won't automatically get 5-B AP unless they can harm someone who can harm them

Garou is basically the same case as the second example. He has never shown to be able to harm someone who can harm him.

Last edited:

Plank, So then you are saying the opposite? That AP can scale to Dura but not vice versa?

I can understand that sorta, but not when the character in question has absolutely never been shown/depicted as a glass canon...
If you have a showing of physical power then your durability can scale via Newton's 3rd Law. If you only have durability showings then it's impossible to prove that your attacks actually scale to your body's durability based on that alone.

1. Garou would be a stonewall, not a glass cannon.

2. Burden of Proof would be on you to show why he scales since that's the positive claim. This is why he can't just scale based on "well, he's never shown not to scale" as can't many other characters here.

Gyoro-Gyoro telekinetically anchors Garou.
Garou forces his way out of her psychic tether and then proceeded to brute force his way out of the mass of rocks she telekinetically forced onto him.

Garou gets stabbed by Orochi.
Garou goes on to counter several of Orochi's horns and halts one of his punches after Orochi transforms further.

Superalloy Darkshine smacks away Garou and shatters his ribcage.
Garou pressures Darkshine with a barrage of attacks and begins growing so powerful that he can effortlessly overpower him.

None of that is proof that Garou can harm those who can harm him, Garou was unable to truly harm any of those characters.

Why does Black Sperm have Mid-High regen? Being able to regenerate from things like a single cell is low-high, and he directly can’t regenerate from being vaporized. That’s the whole point of Atomic’s special move, that it vaporized him.

Small City level with Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist
Why is Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist getting its own tier? It was agreed that WSRSF did not increase the user's strength, so Garou bullying Metal Bat and Tanktop Master would count towards his base stats and Striking Strength.

Also, since Suiryu and Choze were mentioned in the OP, can we get Choze's Lifting Strength downgraded to Unknown? Choze has no reason to scale to Suiryu in terms of Lifting Strength, seeing as how they never grapple, are never stated to be comparable, and never fight each other in a manner that allows Choze to scale to his Lifting Strength. In fact, Suiryu is portrayed as superior to Choze in terms of physical ability.
  • Choze grabbed Suiryu's arms, while they were stationary, and tried to drive his horns into Suiryu's chest, but Suiryu stood there and tanked it.
  • Suiryu is consistently knocking Choze around with his punches and kicks.
  • Suiryu grabbed Choze by his horns and effortlessly snapped his horn and slammed him into his knee.
  • Choze ultimately lost, with Suiryu manhandling his body in the end.

Also also, I brought up Pri-Pri-Prisoner blowing holes through Melzargard in another thread. But, it was pointed out that Melzargard was a glass cannon. Fortunately, there is a scene where PPP overpowers and restrains Melzargard, and a few panels where he blocks and counters his attacks alongside the other S-Class, so it would be possible for Pre-Monster Association Arc PPP to scale to Small City level+ after his encounter with the Deep Sea King.

And, Monster Association Arc PPP would scale to City level rather than "At least Large Town level", since Psykos survived Atomic Samurai's Atomic Beeline, and there's nothing to suggest that Atomic Samurai's attack weakened her to the point she dropped down two whole tiers.

Yeah. By feats his regen should be downgraded to Low - High, but Atomic Samurai vaporising him with Focused Atomic Slash is non-canon now.

Murata got rid of it in the redraw? Sad. Either way, I don’t think Mid-High should be on the profile considering the justification is literally if he has cells left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back