• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another humongous Castlevania CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also how many times are you going to pull the outlier card on everything that even remotely seems to get characters to higher tier/speeds? This is getting repetetive, not going to lie

LightinAnt said:
Also how many times are you going to pull the outlier card on everything that even remotely seems to get characters to higher tier/speeds? This is getting repetetive, not going to lie
It factually is an outlier. I'm sorry you don't believe in their existence.

There is no MFTL+ feat in the series and the Low 2-C feat is very inconsistent.

Yeah there are MTFL+ feats, two infact and you literally mentioned it above a few messages ago. And Low 2-C is again not inconsistent, 3 Low 2-C feats to be clear, which you call outliers because you don't like the rating.

Besides even if they were inconsistent, Dracula directly scales to a Low 2-C character, which inturn scales to the rest of the cast

Ooh this is intense

Hate to bandwagon but I'm with Matt on this, though this raises the question of what to do with his Castlevania blog.

Okay can you explain how you're with him on keeping them at 4-A possibly Low 2-C, when Dracula directly fights a Low 2-C character, ignoring 2 supporting feats?

Although I checked, and it's for Super Castlevania IV, not Castlevania I

And let's look at the original sprite and Art cover:

Dracula NES Castlevania
Dracula sprites
Dracula here does not look young like for the Original or robed in blue.

And in original Castlevania his appearance is supposed to be "a very decayed and aged man with a long red cloak", not young looking

LightinAnt said:
Nah dude, if Dracula was solid Low 2-C in 1999, then he should be solid Low 2-C earlier too unless you are implying he jumps tiers from PoR to current 1999, it doesn't work as "possibly Low 2-C" that was the main argument
We could say that he gained more power over the time that he aged

If anything, Low 2-C for Dracula should just be a separate key, for when he got strong enought for it or so.

Bob that doesn't work without jumping tiers, hilariously so even. That's why 4-A is unnecessarily lowballing and doesn't work with how the scaling works

I mean Alucard and Yoko being able to fight Soma is also proof of this

Point being exactly? Are Alucard and Yoko getting a Low 2-C powerboost out of nowhere too in that alternate path? It's just evidence that they were always on that level

Oh yeah and all of this is implying that every Belmont and Dracula is infinitely weaker than Julius and Soma, for no reason at that because 4-A

Tony di bugalu said:
But that ending/path is not canon.
It isn´t canon and all, but it can still be used to show powerscaling/feats the involved can do, like we do with some Kirby stuff, for example.

Hagane no Saiyajin said:

Dracula NES Castlevania
Dracula sprites

And in original Castlevania his appearance is supposed to be "a very decayed and aged man with a long red cloak", not young looking

Just to adress the image issue again

So are we going to downgrade the Time Reaper to 4-A? Because the scaling doesn't make sense if he's still at a solid Low 2-C.

@Ogbunabali

The scaling would still not make any sense since Dracula fought prime Julius who is solid Low 2-C, even if Time Reaper was downgraded to 4-A.

"That or upgrade everyone and their mothers to Low 2-C"

That's the only solution that would fix the scaling, since A: It doesn't make sense for Dracula, Richter or other Belmonts to be infinitely weaker than Julius/Soma and B:There are 3 other supporting feats for it, meaning the Belmonts and cast should be relative to eachother through said feats.

It's not like it's an upgrade to 2-B or something like that, i really don't understand the issue

LightinAnt said:
@Ogbunabali
The scaling would still not make any sense since Dracula fought prime Julius who is solid Low 2-C, even if Time Reaper was downgraded to 4-A.
Matthew obviously is never going to do this, so at least downgrade Time Reaper so that there is at least some sense in the scaling.

I mean, Soma is thenot absolute God Tier with Julius/chaos not so far behind and I don't really think the previous Draculas are as strong as the one of 1999 (we need a game based on thag, it would be godly) and jumps om power are something relatively common in fiction, look at soma for example.

I'm on my phone so I can't really go into detail without getting bored so this is my proposal: create a new key for the 1999 Dracula and give him a low 2-C key for fighting a prime Julius and being at his prime himself. Low 2-C key for Alucard during 1999/Aria of Sorrow.

All the others scale to the dracula of previous times. Menace should bebe and outlier and AFAIR the whole dimension thingy isn't even a dimension or something comparable to the castle.

That's a pretty bad solution considering that would mean Dracula jumped 2 tiers and 1 dimensions in 20 years.

Dude, we talked about this many times, a seperate Low 2-C key does not work, because it implies a tier jump of infinite degrees. Either Dracula is fully Low 2-C or the scaling is purposefully downplayed/contradictory, which we don't do for other verses either unless it is an outlier, which the feat it is scaled of is not and the Menace feat is solid too. Calling everything that is remotely higher tier an outlier just so this weird scaling works is annoying me to no ends

So Dracula and all the protagonists are to be downgraded to just plain 4-A?

Bobsican said:
Tony di bugalu said:
But that ending/path is not canon.
It isn´t canon and all, but it can still be used to show powerscaling/feats the involved can do, like we do with some Kirby stuff, for example.
This affects Yoko and Alucard

Hagane no Saiyajin said:

Dracula NES Castlevania
Dracula sprites

Does no one see this?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
So Dracula and all the protagonists are to be downgraded to just plain 4-A?
At least 4-A, possibly Low 2-C is good. Only characters that need to be lowered are Aeon and Time Reaper. Soma and Julius stay pure Low 2-C because they scale to Chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back