• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I've gone over already in the thread that while Peter has harmed the Rhino twice, it's still far more reliable for him to use more clever tactics than go for a direct beatdown given how much of a problem O'Hirn is in close quarters. Its a case of "fight smarter, not harder"

Again, the other attacks doing nothing is something I've also gone over with. Besides, chipping that armour is specifically a detail included in the animation with the narrative of the episode speaking about how durable O'Hirn is. Yes, Rhino is stronger, but Peter still scales to Rhino's 0.56 tons of TNT

Anyways the final calc that can probably be made is Electro's vaporizing an Olympic sized swimming pool (presumably a College would have that size pool for competitions).
Ummmmmmm... about that...

A typical Olympic-sized swimming pool holds about 2.5 million liters or 2500 m^3 of water. Assuming the temperature changes from room temperature to boiling (21 degrees C to 100 degrees C is 79 degrees C change), that's gonna wield a whopping 1.55 kilotons of TNT once you combine the specific heat and the latent heat.

A typical Olympic-sized swimming pool holds about 2.5 million liters or 2500 m^3 of water. Assuming the temperature changes from room temperature to boiling (21 degrees C to 100 degrees C is 79 degrees C change), that's gonna wield a whopping 1.55 kilotons of TNT once you combine the specific heat and the latent heat.
Yeah you're right. My calculator didn't covert 2,500 m^3 to cm^3 correctly so I was off by a factor of like, a thousand.

Wasn't it agreed that the Electro pool feat was an outlier, along with the fact that vaporizing feats aren't as reliable anymore?
It's not that vaporizing feats aren't reliable (Otherwise explosion feats would get nuked willy nilly, also universal energy systems are a thing for these kinds of stuff), it's just that it's a massive outlier and becomes even more iffy to scale if electricity is in the mix. Since, well, you know, electricity gets nerfed if it attacks someone who's grounded AKA planted to the floor.

It's not that vaporizing feats aren't reliable (Otherwise explosion feats would get nuked willy nilly, also universal energy systems are a thing for these kinds of stuff), it's just that it's a massive outlier and becomes even more iffy to scale if electricity is in the mix. Since, well, you know, electricity gets nerfed if it attacks someone who's grounded AKA planted to the floor.
Ah alright, that must be what I've been hearing regarding certain vaporization feats then. Makes sense

But the main issue is that it's massively, massively above any of the showings and it pretty much knocked Electro out and it has a different mechanism of attacking: EXPLODING. Which we don't see happening on Rhino because Electro can't even muster up enough juice to go kaboom due to the sheer weight of the guy.

Last edited:
Yes. Because the gap between this feat and them is larger than the gap between a SR-71 black bird and a house cat's trotting speed
Somehow I find this hilarious enough to give myself a coughing fit.

why is the gap being massive from 3 ultra casual feats mean anything
There's a difference between casual feats that mean nothing as detractions to a peak value and an outlier with its context providing us with valid reasoning as to why it doesn't scale verse-wide

It... it means a lot. Its why the concept of outlier exists. Also of the three feats, two of them are weapons that can harm people and the last was spread over Rhino's entire body.
you act like those weapons cannot just....upscale from that feat. Why does it matter if it was spreading over his body? he took like no damage from that fall at all

you act like those weapons cannot just....upscale from that feat
Um....why would the Shocker Gauntlets + Suit or Pumpkin Bomb barrages upscale that....? Electro's feat literally involved an explosion that knocked him out and none of his attacks against his targets are like that again

you act like those weapons cannot just....upscale from that feat
Or, its just an outlier showing.
Why does it matter if it was spreading over his body?
Because the force is being spread over a surface area that's probably 2 or 3 square meters vs a fist that has a surface area a fraction of that size.

Its the bullet vs baseball analogy.

Um....why would the Shocker Gauntlets + Suit or Pumpkin Bomb barrages upscale that....? Electro's feat literally involved an explosion that knocked him out and none of his attacks against his targets are like that again
didn't him short-circuiting is what caused him to be knocked out or sum? don't really remember that feat much, and I'm pretty sure peter proceeds to take the water explosion point blank in the same scene so idk
Or, its just an outlier showing.
how is it an outlier when its feats is shown to do causal 8-C feats with nothing above contradicting it? that literally doesn't make sense
Because the force is being spread over a surface area that's probably 2 or 3 square meters vs a fist that has a surface area a fraction of that size.

Its the bullet vs baseball analogy.
doesn't matter anyways, he literally took no damage

didn't him short-circuiting is what caused him to be knocked out or sum? don't really remember that feat much

how is it an outlier when its feats is shown to do causal 8-C feats with nothing above contradicting it? that literally doesn't make sense

doesn't matter anyways, he literally took no damage

A) It isn't. He was totally fine before that and wasn't short-circuiting at all. Then he fell into the pool and we know the rest

B) The three 8-C feats are all consistent and scalable. The 8-A+ is literally the opposite of all of those things. The difference is night and day

C) Electro and Spider-Man are comparable and can trade attacks, yet, the explosion literally causes Max to lose consciousness. Yes, it did damage

A) It isn't. He was totally fine before that and wasn't short-circuiting at all. Then he fell into the pool and we know the rest

B) The three 8-C feats are all consistent and scalable. The 8-A+ is literally the opposite of all of those things. The difference is night and day

C) Electro and Spider-Man are comparable and can trade attacks, yet, the explosion literally causes Max to lose consciousness. Yes, it did damage
it being consistently 8-C which mind you those feats are practically effortless with like one 8-a+ feat doesn't make it have any sort of scaling problems apart from electro seemingly getting knocked out by his own blast which came out of him

i wasn't talking about electro, i was talking about the rhinos fall from the daily bugle

the water explosion point blank in the same scene so idk
He was on the roof above the pool. Nothing hit him.
how is it an outlier
  • Bombs that injure Spider-Man: 0.308 Tons of TNT
  • Eletro's feat: 571 Tons of TNT with ang sizing and 1,500~ Tons of TNT with using IRL swimming pools
The gap isn't just some small thing. Bare minimum its 1,850 times bigger than the other feats and the maximum its 4,870 times higher.

it being consistently 8-C which mind you those feats are practically effortless with like one 8-a+ feat doesn't make it have any sort of scaling problems apart from electro seemingly getting knocked out by his own blast which came out of him

i wasn't talking about electro, i was talking about the rhinos fall from the daily bugle
Rhino's fall from the Daily Bugle is 8-C tho. Shocker's blasts are only a tiny smidge lower than that.

At best Spider-Man is only 1.091x weaker than Rhino.

Sanic, I really don't know how else we can explain how huge of a gap the three 8-C feats and the one 8-A+ feat are. Just because a higher end calculation exists does not always mean we can use it

• Bombs that injure Spider-Man: 0.308 Tons of TNT
  • Eletro's feat: 571 Tons of TNT with ang sizing and 1,500~ Tons of TNT with using IRL swimming pools
The gap isn't just some small thing. Bare minimum its 1,850 times bigger than the other feats and the maximum its 4,870 times higher.
those same bombs that couldn't hurt goblin yet peter can still injure him and we're still using the said feat. Why is this a point

Sanic, I really don't know how else we can explain how huge of a gap the three 8-C feats and the one 8-A+ feat are. Just because a higher end calculation exists does not always mean we can use it
I know it's a massive gap, my main issue is the fact that every single 8-c feat called was done literally effortlessly. Still saying the 8-a feat is an outlier just because its higher than 3 causal feats is stupid to me

those same bombs that couldn't hurt goblin yet peter can still injure him and we're still using the said feat. Why is this a point
A) Peter has tanked three different Pumpkin Bomb barrages with only one of them managing to damage his suit. Totally different
B) This isn't a case of three MCB feats in support of MCB+. Not even CB+ in support of MCB+. This is far more different than you're leading on

I know it's a massive gap, my main issue is the fact that every single 8-c feat called was done literally effortlessly. Still saying the 8-a feat is an outlier just because its higher than 3 causal feats is stupid to me
Even if they're done effortlessly, trying to use that to justify scaling to a feat well over a thousand times the usual showings is usually what I'd call pushing it unless we have explicit statement of x percentage power usage when weakened or some shit like that.

Another thing to note is that they note how they couldn't find Norman's body. The man straight up dipped after the mass explosion. It isn't like Electro where he was knocked out

Even if they're done effortlessly, trying to use that to justify scaling to a feat well over a thousand times the usual showings is usually what I'd call pushing it unless we have explicit statement of x percentage power usage when weakened or some shit like that.
I mean, if nothing really contradicts said feat then I don't see the problem, limiting feats like that just because there are more 8-c feats when nothing ***** up the scaling if we have a feat higher is just useless

A) Peter has tanked three different Pumpkin Bomb barrages with only one of them managing to damage his suit. Totally different
1. My guy, you know this helps my point even further right? how can one goblin bomb damage his suit but goblin himself couldn't but then proceed to tank a multitude of them unscathed but can still be damaged by spiderman with normal blows?

1. My guy, you know this helps my point even further right? how can one goblin bomb damage his suit but goblin himself couldn't but then proceed to tank a multitude of them unscathed but can still be damaged by spiderman?
A) No, it really doesn't. 8-C is a far cry from 8-A+ and I'm simply correcting your misinterpretation of Peter's case of tanking the bombs. Don't twist my words

B) Neither Gobby nor Spider-Man were ever injured by a singular Pumpkin Bomb. That's why the barrage feats are so significant for their durability

Note how I say "barrage" as in "lots of bombs". Not just two or three

B) Neither Gobby nor Spider-Man were ever injured by a singular Pumpkin Bomb. That's why the barrage feats are so significant
didn't you just say it one goblin bomb damaged his suit, such a feat literally never happened in the series up till that point

Back