• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Additions to Spider-Verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miles Morales:
  • Should get Stealth Mastery, since he was capable of pickpocketing 616 Spider-Man who has enhanced senses without him realizing.
Peni Parker:
  • Probably not separate her into keys with SP//DR. If a character has the ability to be intangible, then they could realistically still attack Peni Parker in the suit who doesn't have the durability of SP//DR. The suit acts as something she can utilize rather than a transformation. Her standard equipment even has SP//DR on it which is contradictory. Another key will probably be warranted for the other suit she built considering she doesn't have that in Into the Spiderverse.
  • Thus more suitably would be to have her tier like: Unknown physically, High 8-C with SP//DR. The same goes with other categories like speed, and lifting strength.
  • Her superhuman stamina I'd change to a possibly. She shows no adequate physique, even the art book describes Gwen as physically fit, but not Peni. Although I wouldn't put it past it considering a radioactive spider bit her.
  • Lifting strength should definitely be at least Human considering she easily swung SP//DR's arm
  • Removal of Spider-Sense for range, we don't have it labelled on any other profile and it acts more as precognition.
Spider-Noir:
  • Optional equipment: Revolver
  • Weapon Mastery considering he was described as Tombstone's counterpart as a gangster in the art book, and in a flashback he was shown to be in a shootout
Doc Ock:
  • Physically her combat attack and reaction speed should be Supersonic and her AP/Striking Strength should be High 8-C considering she harms/tags Spider-Woman with a kick. Although her normal speed should be Unknown considering we don't know how fast she is on foot without the use of her tentacles. The scene in question happens in a brief moment in the house fight.
  • Stamina should probably be reduced to Peak Human rather than Superhuman considering she doesn't have any superhuman enhancements. She should be similar to the Prowler at this stamina level instead.
Spider-Society Team Profile:
This is more of a Q&A but how would a team profile work for Miguels Spider Society? Would we consider them all the same tier or would we consider the actual out-of-universe characters based on their own tier to be raised separately. For example, AP would be, 9-A (Via Spider-Man 60s), High 8-C via Spider-Verse character (Via Miguel, Gwen, Spider-Punk, Spider-Woman, etc). Or should we all take it as complete incarnations and assume they're all High 8-C?

New Potential Profiles:
I made more profiles on my blog specifically of the supporting villains for Into the Spiderverse, along with The Vulture, Jessica Drew, and Pavitr. I also have some photos ready and transparent for their images on the verse page, except for the Scorpion who I'm struggling to find an HD image of so reusing the render for his profile much like The Prowler may probably do.
Edit of Miles Morales:
I made a blog of a potential edit for Miles Morales. Specifically his support feats and extra scans since his profile is locked. When he was 9-A, low 9-B feats like taking a meat beam being thrown at you, cracking part of a small boulder, and crashing through walls were fine but now that he's High 8-C they're outdated. Thus the first scan needs to be his relativity to Kingpin considering how he ties to 1610 Spider-Man the most. With support feats to Miguel and Jessica Drew who scale to Gwen, that scale back to Doc Ock then back to 1610 Spider-Man. However, if you oppose the large summary I created then I won't argue much against it.

Edited profile in question.

Last edited:
Also has there been a calc for Hobie and Gwen carrying the Alchemax building from falling? I feel that may wield good support feats

Thus more suitably would be to have her tier like: Unknown physically, High 8-C with SP//DR. The same goes with other categories like speed, and lifting strength.
It's probably not worth listing her base physicals since she never really fights without the mech

It's probably not worth listing her base physicals since she never really fights without the mech
I think it should matter considering if her suit is destroyed or if she’s fighting an intangible fighter, it’s just her. Scorpion fight especially shows the former.

Should we just disregard Peni's physicals altogether? I feel like if someone has a power like energy draining or whatnot that'd be important cause that'd force her to fight on her own. Or if they destroy her mech, she can still fight in the mech's tier by using their limb.

Also found some more stuff for Peni Parker. In one of the scenes, she makes a goober, and SP//DR uses lasers projected from their fingers meaning they'd get Energy projection. They condense themselves into a small size in the scene where they're under a diner table, so probably Size Manipulation. Not sure what ability but they analyzed an entire building and figured out its layouts by merely scanning it from afar.

Spider-Society Team Profile:
This is more of a Q&A but how would a team profile work for Miguels Spider Society? Would we consider them all the same tier or would we consider the actual out-of-universe characters based on their own tier to be raised separately. For example, AP would be, 9-A (Via Spider-Man 60s), High 8-C via Spider-Verse character (Via Miguel, Gwen, Spider-Punk, Spider-Woman, etc). Or should we all take it as complete incarnations and assume they're all High 8-C?
I think something like this could work:
  • Varies (It's never ascertained whether or not all Spiders share a level of strength comparable to one another, or if more apparent gaps in strength are present amongst the members which appear), up to High 8-C ([All the feats in that range here])
I recommend this because if a profile for the Spider Society was made, it would remove the necessity of trying to upgrade any Spider-Men/Women of other continuities that appear which also have profiles on the wiki (the 60s Spider-Man that you mentioned, for example).

I think something like this could work:
  • Varies (It's never ascertained whether or not all Spiders share a level of strength comparable to one another, or if more apparent gaps in strength are present amongst the members which appear), up to High 8-C ([All the feats in that range here])
I recommend this because if a profile for the Spider Society was made, it would remove the necessity of trying to upgrade any Spider-Men/Women of other continuities that appear which also have profiles on the wiki (the 60s Spider-Man that you mentioned, for example).
I fully agree. Miguel also being the feared Spiderman of the society despite a 8-A existing would be weird. Then of course there’s narrative intention, no writer really cares about power scaling.

This seems fine to me
Should it be good to apply since DarkDragon agreed with it earlier?

Just some things not included in the text when I originally created the thread but I mentioned it earlier, should energy projection for laser pointed fingers, Information Analysis for scanning the building’s layout, and Size manipulation for changing the size of the mech be okay for SP//DR? I’ll probably keep her and the mechs key separate per Crop and Dragons subtle request.

Should the Spider Society profile suggested by Shake be fine? Since it fits under the Crossover rule “Take note that crossovers will almost always rescale the power levels of the different characters for the sake of writing a more entertaining story.”

Miles profile is locked so if that can be unlocked that would be great.

Other than that, that’s all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back