• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Another day, another thread, another bunch of Abilities to be added, nothing new:
EDIT

Acrobatics for Killer:

Resistance to Fear Manipulation for Zoro: (Being unaffected by Mihawk's aura)

Last edited:
Agree for all except conquerors haki one, it only works on those with weak wills, it doesn't require a super natural will or a resistance.

I cannot see the image. . .

Enhanced Senses for Roronoa Zoro:
Doesn't he already have this by itself or through KH? It should be one or the other.
Supernatural Willpower or Resistance to Empathetic Manipulation to some people (For being able to withstand Conqueror Haki which could overwhelm those with a weaker will)
I think this could probably be called "Strong will".

Rest looks good.

That's news to me. Good step forward imo.

Should be on his profile either way, long as enhanced sense doesn't get used to support KH as well.

Agree with acrobatics on killer but neutral on zoro resistance, it seems mihawk only wanted to intimidate the monkeys, I find fear manipulation iffy on mihawk in general because him scaring those monkeys can just be explained as them knowing how strong he really is and that they stand no chance but weren't scared of zoro because they didn't know anything about him yet.

Yea Killer is fine but I agree with Fluffy actually. Turn that Ability Addition into an Ability Subtraction. Mihawk should not have it just because those things know his power.

Mihawk got the ability because the monkeys were uneffected by Zoro's own aura and even mocked him yet Mihawk's presence froze the monkeys completely (more evidence of this would be in East blue where Zoro was visibly frightened of Mihawk before they even begun fighting), there is no evidence yet that he can control who he sends his aura towards, Zoro was in the same range as the monkeys of Mihawk's Aura but was completely uneffected unlike the monkeys and his past self from the east blue.

Mihawk got the ability because the monkeys were uneffected by Zoro's own aura and even mocked him yet Mihawk's presence froze the monkeys completely (more evidence of this would be in East blue where Zoro was visibly frightened of Mihawk before they even begun fighting), there is no evidence yet that he can control who he sends his aura towards, Zoro was in the same range as the monkeys of Mihawk's Aura but was completely uneffected unlike the monkeys and his past self from the east blue.
Scaring the monkeys isn't fear manipulation since the monkeys already know about mihawk and how strong he is, there's nothing supernatural about that. On the other hand, zoro being scared of mihawk is fine for fear manipulation as long as zoro didn't know who mihawk was, so the justification should change. But I'm still neutral on Zoro's resistance, since mikawk does seem to know how to control his fear manipulation since perona literally lives with him but she's completely fine, and everyone that encounters mihawk don't immediately piss themselves.

On the other hand, zoro being scared of mihawk is fine for fear manipulation as long as zoro didn't know who mihawk was, so the justification should change.
He's heard of Mihawk but at that point but he believed the difference in strength between them wasn't that far.
since mikawk does seem to know how to control his fear manipulation since perona literally lives with him but she's completely fine, and everyone that encounters mihawk don't immediately piss themselves.
Fair enough.

Agree with all.
THATS MY ONE!!!! IS KINGTEMPEST SNITCHING 😤
monkey-animal.gif

Idk about resistance for Luffy, but this should be used as extra justification for Mihawk's own Fear Aura. Making people see visions of their deaths is a valid justification, similar to Orochimaru for example.
I agree with this, the scene is odd since Luffy never shows the ability again or before during the pre-timeskip and in that moment Luffy most definitely wasn't in the best state of mind to use observation haki. Plus it not being on the vire card despite conqueor's being there.

It only activated once we see a focus shot on Mihawk's eye, which reminds me of when Zoro uses his fear manipulation against Monet, the same sound effect is even used.

I agree with this, the scene is odd since Luffy never shows the ability again or before during the pre-timeskip and in that moment Luffy most definitely wasn't in the best state of mind to use observation haki. Plus it not being on the vire card despite conqueor's being there.

It only activated once we see a focus shot on Mihawk's eye, which reminds of when Zoro uses his fear manipulation against Monet, the same sound effect is even used.
okay I agree with this.

I agree with this, the scene is odd since Luffy never shows the ability again or before during the pre-timeskip and in that moment Luffy most definitely wasn't in the best state of mind to use observation haki.

Except for the fact that Mihawk comments on Luffy being unusually calm and being calm is a requirement for effective Observation Haki.

The Vivre Card itself could be wrong.

The whole scene definitely suggests Luffy using Observation Haki, rather than Mihawk somehow helping his opponent by giving him a specific hallucination that causes him to abort his attack?

Except for the fact that Mihawk comments on Luffy being unusually calm and being calm is a requirement for effective Observation Haki.

The Vivre Card itself could be wrong.

The whole scene definitely suggests Luffy using Observation Haki, rather than Mihawk somehow helping his opponent by giving him a specific hallucination that causes him to abort his attack?
Observation haki does require you to have a calm state of mind for it to activate but that isn't confirmation that what Luffy did was observation haki. Unless I'm wrong using observation haki doesn't cause the user to be gasping for breath after using it.

Or it's not and this just isn't observation haki.

Do you think Mihawk truly intended to kill Luffy? Considering he spared Zoro and clearly held back his power here it's quite clear to me he was testing him more than anything.

Back