• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also shouldn't all Logia's have the ability to blend in with their respective naturally occurring elements as seen with Crocodile?
Yes... Why?
10.png
11.png
12.png

This is really resistance against Mind Manipulation? The condition for not losing your mind would be have a strong will, isn't it? I don't think the abiliity directly affect the target's mind, but either way, Moriah should gain mind manipulation for that.

I agree with everything else.

The tornado doesn't show any signs of changing direction. It could just be moving in a straight path and the people running away from it get caught up in it.

The tornado doesn't show any signs of changing direction. It could just be moving in a straight path and the people running away from it get caught up in it.
What the? Tornadoes by default always change directions, that's not how they work at all Damage. Tornadoes don't travel in a linear fashion. Not to mention your past part of your comments makes very little sense, why on earth would you run away from a tornado in a single linear direction? If you think that's a good idea to survive one then I recommend staying FAR away from anywhere with tornados. The anime also supports this.

Last edited:
Not to mention your past part of your comments makes very little sense, why on earth would you run away from a tornado in a single linear direction?

Ask the characters from Prometheus why they were running away from a falling spaceship in a straight line, haha.

Eh, it's far fetched, I wanna see the anime clip, do you have it?
Far fetched how? Not sure if we're both using the same definition of "far fetched" People run away from his attack and it follows them, and it's directly stated twice. Once from those who are getting attacked by it and one by Zoro himself, seems pretty cut clear.

Far fetched how? Not sure if we're both using the same definition of "far fetched" People run away from his attack and it follows them, and it's directly stated twice. Once from those who are getting attacked by it and one by Zoro himself, seems pretty cut clear.
If someone shoots a projectile and someone runs away from it but it's catching but to them, it wouldn't be a homing attack, I'd agree if the tornado was literally going after them instead of chasing them while running away like a normal projectile, so I wanna see the anime first.

If someone shoots a projectile and someone runs away from it but it's catching but to them, it wouldn't be a homing attack, I'd agree if the tornado was literally going after them instead of chasing them while running away like a normal projectile, so I wanna see the anime first.
This comment is absolutely full of contradictions.

Firstly, if someone shoots a projectile and character B avoids it but the projectile keeps chasing them would indeed be a homing attack.

Secondly you do realize you basically just agreed with it yes? "Going after" and "chasing" have the same meaning. Both mean to go after something, so that argument doesn't make such sense.

• Reactive is good
  • Underground mobility is good
  • Luffy's might be resistance to madness, instead of pure Mind Manip, but Supernatural Willpower is good. I'm not sure about Moria, as it is his own power, but I think it can work anyway.
  • Enhanced Senses are good
  • Acrobatics for Killer are fine
  • Blending with the environment would be Body Control I believe.
  • Not sure about Zoro's tornado being actually a homing attack, we don't see it changing directions not it is stated to do so.
  • Willpower and Resistance to Empathic for resisting the Conqueror Haki seems iffy, as others said it affects those with weak willpower.
  • Iffy on Zoro's resistance for FluffyCreature's reasons, he doesn't seem to be resisting Mihawk's active attempt to cast a frightsome aura on him.

This comment is absolutely full of contradictions.

Firstly, if someone shoots a projectile and character B avoids it but the projectile keeps chasing them would indeed be a homing attack.
I should rephrase my entire comment, see if someone shoots a projectile like a bullet, and someone starts running away from the bullet in a straight line, the bullet will still keep chasing them because they're moving in a straight line, it wouldn't be homing.
Secondly you do realize you basically just agreed with it yes? "Going after" and "chasing" have the same meaning. Both mean to go after something, so that argument doesn't make such sense.
So my point was, if Zoro did a tatsumaki then send it flying at those fish dudes, then it would be like a normal projectile, it wouldn't be homing since we never actually see it literally home in on dudes, the "it's not stopping!" and "how far is it gonna chase us?!" can just mean how the projectile doesn't stop or dissipate or that it has a large range.

Since we're talking about Tatsumaki now I may as well bring this up; on the pages for hurricanes and Tornadoes they get Danmaku via the debris hitting whoever gets caught inside.

Thing is Zoro's (Kaido's most likely as well) tatsumaki is the same except instead of debris hitting you it will be dozens of razor sharp air that will cut you, it's even said.

So I propose Danmaku for the tatsumaki attack as if you're caught in it that's what you would experience.

As for Homing Attack I see the concerns since we don't see if change direction but the dialogue does kind of imply it chases people, I'll wait for more input about it.

As for Zoro's fear resistance I still think he should get it purely for the change in his demeanor with Mihawk from chapter 50 to chapter 590ish, in that moment they were both still enemies and the baboons were in fear of Mihawk yet Zoro wasn't.

Agree with All, including Mind Manipulation Thing.

Edit : Neutral on Zoro Resistant to Fear Manipulation, but honestly, some of Nameless characters aren't afraid of Mihawk's presence at all either.🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
@Eminiteable I presume you are referring to this?

It lists "possibly Danmaku". We need Kaido/Zoro etc to show picking stuff up with them for it to apply. Also it says they get 7-C at most so . . . Downgrade . . .

EDIT: Hard pass on homing FRA.

Since we're talking about Tatsumaki now I may as well bring this up; on the pages for hurricanes and Tornadoes they get Danmaku via the debris hitting whoever gets caught inside.

Thing is Zoro's (Kaido's most likely as well) tatsumaki is the same except instead of debris hitting you it will be dozens of razor sharp air that will cut you, it's even said.

So I propose Danmaku for the tatsumaki attack as if you're caught in it that's what you would experience.

As for Homing Attack I see the concerns since we don't see if change direction but the dialogue does kind of imply it chases people, I'll wait for more input about it.

As for Zoro's fear resistance I still think he should get it purely for the change in his demeanor with Mihawk from chapter 50 to chapter 590ish, in that moment they were both still enemies and the baboons were in fear of Mihawk yet Zoro wasn't.
For the danmaku thing, that only applies for the tornado's if they pick stuff up, I can still see it working though as it's essentially still a tornado, but it would only be a possibly. homing attack is not convincing because the dialogue can be interpreted differently like I showed. I am also not sure about zoro's resistance, since we see that mikawk can control his fear hax because not everyone is effected by it, and at the same time, mihawk would have had no reason to fear hax zoro along with the baboons, also fear hax can be resisted with willpower or bravery which zoro has a lot of.

For the danmaku thing, that only applies for the tornado's if they pick stuff up, I can still see it working though as it's essentially still a tornado, but it would only be a possibly
"The ability to produce a great amount of projectiles at once, in order to overwhelm the target by the sheer number of shots"

When you're inside a tornado this is what happens, the alternative to debris is wind that will cut you. It's absolutely Danmaku no need for a possibly.
I am also not sure about zoro's resistance, since we see that mikawk can control his fear hax because not everyone is effected by it, and at the same time, mihawk would have had no reason to fear hax zoro along with the baboons, also fear hax can be resisted with willpower or bravery which zoro has a lot of.
You're assuming a level of control for Mihawk's fear manipulation that hasn't been shown, it hasn't shown selective targeting. Zoro in chapter 50 had supernatural willpower, this was shown in his fight but was still frightened of Mihawk.
homing attack is not convincing because the dialogue can be interpreted differently like I showed.
The dialogue can be interpreted in one way; the tornado is chasing the fishmen and wondering why it's doing that, Zoro says it will chase them to the ends of hell. If this isn't deemed enough for homing attack that's fine with me.

"The ability to produce a great amount of projectiles at once, in order to overwhelm the target by the sheer number of shots"

When you're inside a tornado this is what happens, the alternative to debris is wind that will cut you. It's absolutely Danmaku no need for a possibly.
I guess if the ability itself is described as a continuous barrage of slashes then this would be fine but it's still limited because you have to be inside it to work, as it's really just one attack.
You're assuming a level of control for Mihawk's fear manipulation that hasn't been shown, it hasn't shown selective targeting. Zoro in chapter 50 had supernatural willpower, this was shown in his fight but was still frightened of Mihawk.
Or mihawk could've just scared the monkeys because they know of his power and that he could kill them easily if he wanted to so like normal animals they were scared, but they didn't know that about zoro. Oh and also, mikawk may have frightened zoro but he didn't frighten everyone? I don't remember luffy for example getting scared like zoro, and luffy was WITH zoro during this, also krieg and zeff weren't effected either, and the reactions of those that were scared were kriegs fodder crew who were scared of the dude who sliced up 50 ships by himself, so it might not be fear manipulation in the first place since they were scared of his power and not because of some super natural ability.
The dialogue can be interpreted in one way; the tornado is chasing the fishmen and wondering why it's doing that, Zoro says it will chase them to the ends of hell. If this isn't deemed enough for homing attack that's fine with me.
They weren't wondering why it's doing that, they were wondering why the attack didn't stop which doesn't mean the atack homes, it could just mean the attack doesn't dissipate easily or that it has a big range, and chasing doesn't immediately mean homing.

he dialogue can be interpreted in one way; the tornado is chasing the fishmen and wondering why it's doing that, Zoro says it will chase them to the ends of hell. If this isn't deemed enough for homing attack that's fine with me.
Doesn’t it in the databook say something about it will chase you or something?

I guess if the ability itself is described as a continuous barrage of slashes then this would be fine but it's still limited because you have to be inside it to work, as it's really just one attack.
Limited is fine with me for those reasons.
Or mihawk could've just scared the monkeys because they know of his power and that he could kill them easily if he wanted to so like normal animals they were scared, but they didn't know that about zoro.

Oh and also, mikawk may have frightened zoro but he didn't frighten everyone? I don't remember luffy for example getting scared like zoro, and luffy was WITH zoro during this, also krieg and zeff weren't effected either, and the reactions of those that were scared were kriegs fodder crew who were scared of the dude who sliced up 50 ships by himself, so it might not be fear manipulation in the first place since they were scared of his
We see in a cover page that the monkeys help Mihawk farm and showed no reaction of fear towards him in that instance, when they were attacking Zoro and Mihawk appeared they did.

Krieg was shown scared in the same panel Zoro was when Mihawk appeared, same with Sanji. Luffy already showed resistance to fear manipulation by being unaffected by Zoro's and Cracker's versions.
They weren't wondering why it's doing that, they were wondering why the attack didn't stop which doesn't mean the atack homes, it could just mean the attack doesn't dissipate easily or that it has a big range, and chasing doesn't immediately mean homing.
What tornado does dissapate immediately after it's creation?

We see in a cover page that the monkeys help Mihawk farm and showed no reaction of fear towards him in that instance, when they were attacking Zoro and Mihawk appeared they did.
The monkeys would know that he wouldn't harm them if they're working for him, but they'd still be scared if they saw him approaching them and didn't know what he was gonna do.
Krieg was shown scared in the same panel Zoro was when Mihawk appeared, same with Sanji. Luffy already showed resistance to fear manipulation by being unaffected by Zoro's and Cracker's versions.
Most of those guys were scared because either they knew who he was and why you should be afraid of him like zoro or the restaurant dudes or because they experienced first hand why he's scary like krieg and his fodder. And what about zeff, he wasn't scared or worried was he? But luffy didn't know who he was and asked zoro so it can still be a resistance since luffy after knowing who he was wasn't scared or anything, but at the same time, zoro also was only a scared but then still challenged mihawk regardless. What I'm trying to say is that there's a logical explanation for why people would be scared of mihawk in those situations without some kind of supernatural power.
What tornado does dissapate immediately after it's creation?
really weak ones do, but I understand your point, but that makes that statement make no sense because the tornado isn't gonna stop so why is the fish dude asking why it's not gonna stop.

Doesn’t it in the databook say something about it will chase you or something?
No idea never checked for something like that.
Looking at this description further support for Danmaku for Zoro is his Rokudo no Tsuji which with one attack releases six simultaneous air slashes.
The monkeys would know that he wouldn't harm them if they're working for him, but they'd still be scared if they saw him approaching them and didn't know what he was gonna do.
Seems like a lot of speculation. I'd rather go with the simplest answer;
  • Mihawk's shown fear manipulation before.
  • When the baboons attacked Zoro Mihawk's presence froze them in fear.
  • When Mihawk is around them normally with Perona they show none of these signs.
What I'm trying to say is that there's a logical explanation for why people would be scared of mihawk in those situations without some kind of supernatural power.
Zeff's abilities are completely unknown, using him to try outlier Mihawk's abilities doesn't work.

Luffy resists fear manipulation normally, he's already shown thus ability.

Zoro despite knowing of Mihawk and what he did still believed there wasn't much of a strength difference between them and that he could have won, yet just at the presence of Mihawk he was shown the most scared he has been in the entire series.
really weak ones do, but I understand your point, but that makes that statement make no sense because the tornado isn't gonna stop so why is the fish dude asking why it's not gonna stop.
I believe the fishmen ask why it's chasing them, not why it doesn't stop; at least based off the translation I saw.

Zoro despite knowing of Mihawk and what he did still believed there wasn't much of a strength difference between them and that he could have won, yet just at the presence of Mihawk he was shown the most scared he has been in the entire series.
Alright this makes sense, the others could be explained but zoro's case is the outlier so it makes sense for fear manipulation.
Seems like a lot of speculation. I'd rather go with the simplest answer;
  • Mihawk's shown fear manipulation before.
  • When the baboons attacked Zoro Mihawk's presence froze them in fear.
  • When Mihawk is around them normally with Perona they show none of these signs.
Yeah that makes sense, but mihawk still had no reason to fear hax zoro only the monkeys, and there's still the possibility of the monkeys being scared without being hit by fear hax. I don't know if this is conclusive enough.
I believe the fishmen ask why it's chasing them, not why it doesn't stop; at least based off the translation I saw.
Yeah I made an oopsie, they said "it's not stopping!" not why, and they said "How far is it gonna keep chase us?!" but that shouldn't immediately mean that it's homing in on them, it could just mean range, especially when we never see it home.

Desktop_Screenshot_2021.07.25_-_18.20.47.34_2.png

Unsure if it's post or pre Zoro

@Eminiteable I presume you are referring to this?

It lists "possibly Danmaku". We need Kaido/Zoro etc to show picking stuff up with them for it to apply. Also it says they get 7-C at most so . . . Downgrade . . .
Pretty sure the reason for the possibly rating is due to the uncertainty of debris being picked up or that it will definitively act in a danmaku fashion against whoever's caught up, I'm not suggesting Danmaku for picking up debris I suggesting it for the tornado itself;
Unlike regular Tornadoes the tatsumaki is entirely composed of cutting slashes and unlikely regular ones this isn't a possibility of them getting picked up or hitting the target, if you're caught in the Tornado you will be subject to it regardless.​
Yeah that makes sense, but mihawk still had no reason to fear hax zoro only the monkeys, and there's still the possibility of the monkeys being scared without being hit by fear hax. I don't know if this is conclusive enough.
I brought it up previously but we don't have evidence of Mihawk having selective control over who he affects with fear manipulation, meaning we can't say that Mihawk only choose to effect the Baboon's and not Zoro as he's never shown that proficiency with the ability. And comparing him to others with practically the same ability (Zoro and Cracker) they also haven't shown the capability of selectively targeting (to my knowledge).
死神の鎌の如
き威力で、鉄の
甲羅を真っ二つ。
巨大な竜巻を起
こし、地獄の底
まであり刻む!!
I checked this out it doesn't really add anything that the original panels don't give.

Anyways though this is what I agree with from the OP;
  • Reactive Power Level for Portgas D. Ace:
  • Underground Mobility for Akainu
  • Resistance to Mind Manipulation via Willpower for Luffy
  • Enhanced Senses for Roronoa Zoro
  • Supernatural Willpower to some people (For being able to withstand Conqueror Haki which could overwhelm those with a weaker will)
  • Acrobatics for Killer
  • Resistance to fear manipulation for Zoro
And since I brought it up Limited Danmaku for Post-timeskip Zoro with Tatsumaki and Rokudo no Tsuji. And Danmaku for Kaido with Tatsumaki and Tatsumaki Kaifu.

I disagree with conquerors haki, because it only works on the weak willed, you just need strong will power to resist it, it doesn't need to be super natural.

I agree with conquerors Haki but it does depend on the user so I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ I believe some that can resist conquerors haki or have conquerors have some sort of resistance to that but depends 🤷‍♂️

With Hao do we assume it's still effective if the users will is still significantly above the will at who's targeted? After all the entire point is dominating ones will with your own.

Pretty sure the reason for the possibly rating is due to the uncertainty of debris being picked up or that it will definitively act in a danmaku fashion against whoever's caught up, I'm not suggesting Danmaku for picking up debris I suggesting it for the tornado itself;
Okay I will consider your original request withdrawn then. As for the tornado itself, any scenes where it functions like Naruto's Wind Style or is this just an assumption you are making?

Back