• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anime Kirby's height

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a recent thread , discussing about the demon beast Blocky's mass, density, and size implied discussing about Anime Kirby's height.

My argument for him being only five inches tall was that he's younger and shorter than Game Kirby, over thrice as short as Anime Dedede (who is about 16 inches tall too), and almost twice as short as Anime Meta Knight (who is eight inches tall too).

The objection to this argument was that none of the two incarnations of Kirby grows up.

After I asked for some evidence supporting that objection, the following was argued and, like in this comment, is responded to on this thread:

1) "DMK is stated to have been sealed in Mirror World for aeons in his description in Triple Deluxe."

The original text reads just "a long time" ("Òé╣ÒâÜÒéÀÒâúÒâ½ÒâÜÒâ╝Òé©Òü«Þ¬¼µÿĵûç" section).

2) "A year passes since the series's beginning in Ep. 13, so eight years pass at the series's end."

He actually grows up slower than humans .

- Ep. 13 is about New Year's Eve and it's actually in Ep. 51 when a year passes.

3) Even if none of the two Kirbys grew up, that'd make Anime Kirby a baby his entire life and Game Kirby a boy his entire life, so the former would be still shorter than the latter.

That being said, being over thrice as short as an about 16-inches-tall character and almost twice as short as an eight-inches-tall one means being five inches tall.

You should ask Eficiente to comment here.

The truth is, I don't feel like having a personal interaction with him; that guy has talked agressively to me on previous threads, and it's not because he disagrees particularly with me .

I have a future thread worthier of posting on his message wall -everybody just wait-; but for the time being, I care little whether this one is closed, as many contributors must've read it by now.

Well, what do you wish to change in the Kirby profile specifically?

I have looked at those threads. And I'm going to have to be perfectly honest, the reason why not many want to get involved in any Kirby threads you make is for a lot of reasons. I'm trying to figure out how to explain it without sounding blunt.

But in short, not only have you bombarded a lot of Kirby threads with the same re-skinned arguments, but a lot of OPs and various proposals were considered extremely arbitrary. Examples are having a gigantic list of Tier 5 and Tier feats, and claiming that those are either outliers or not real planets or stars based on visual aspects rather than lore aspects. And Eficiente and Cal Howard were both super annoyed with the persistent "Kirby downplay". Or saying things like that can't be anything beyond Tier 9 because the characters are "Too Small". And I'm unsure about the lifting strength thread, but the OP requested me to close it because not many staff members knowledgeable on Kirby wanted anything to do with them based on all of those experiences.

As for Anime Kirby's height, where's the source for why he is only 5 inches tall? And what does it have to do with anything regarding stats?

You say you try not to sound blunt and you sounded more than that previously , but well...

- I've bombarded threads as much as other people with the same right.

- You've said it, OPs and proposals considered extremely arbitrary.

- Tier 5? Also, this -I must thank you for the correction, BTW-.

- Not both Cal and Eficiente , to begin with.

- Because the characters are too small? I've never said that.

- My opponent requested that because he lost patience.

Anyway, Anime Kirby must be five inches tall, as he's a baby (supposed to grow up in 200 years), over thrice as short as Dedede (who is about 16 inches tall), and almost twice as short as Meta Knight (who is eight inches tall).

And his height has to do with other beings and objects' sizes, densities, and mass.

I still haven yet to see a mathematical on screen citation. Like pixel scaling for instance?

Everybody here can get tons of them by checking out moments when Kirby is shown along with Dedede and Meta Knight.

The more of them one checks out, the better, as there is some inconsistency between them.

@Ant

I promise to make an effort to ask staff members to comment on future threads, but in exchange, I'd like them to retain patience, as I proved on this one that debating me is definitely worth it.

For the time being, I'll let you all do this , as my proposal's acceptance depends on that.

I meant, it would be good to post a screen-shotted image at the very least.

Ok, this is from the same episode in which the 200 years are mentioned.

And to prevent anybody saying I'm cherry-picking, this from the previous episode and this is from the following one.

Just one question: Earlier you said "He [Eficiente] won't see this thread on his own", so I'd like to know what makes contributors able or unable to see threads on their own, please.

I ask this because, again, I have a future thread really worthy of writing on message walls and I don't want to be annoying to contributors having proven to be able to see threads on their own.

There is a "follow"/"unfollow" button in the upper right corner of each thread.

So it's all about notifications... Anyway and again, I care little whether this is closed; many people must've read it by now.

The others probably won't include AK's height of only five inches on his profile, but now they should know that height is his true one and I could use this in the future, so this can be closed.

I hope my next thread does result in a few changes, tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back