• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Android 18 Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
I originally posted this on the DBS Discussion thread, but I am going to post this again now:

Okay, watched Episode 117.

• First, it's important to note that none of the combatants there are Super Saiyan Blue level. Ribrianne's best feat is briefly fighting Super Saiyan Vegeta.
  • And yes, while 17 fought Blueberry Goku, both fighters were suppressed and testing each other. 17 is stronger than Super Saiyan Goku, but not as strong as Blue. Even more now post the Zenkais Goku got in the tournament.
  • 18 and 17 were fighting against Ribrianne and Rosie pretty well, though 17 had the slight advantage.
  • Then Ribrianne gets boosted by the Power of Love and grows giant. She got a lot stronger and definitely capable of defeating 18 normally.
  • Then 18 herself gets boosted by the power of her Love for Krillin and beats amped Ribrianne.
My conclusions:

18 fighting Ribrianne normally is an outlier. I don't wanna hear it. Yes, she is undoubtedly stronger than her Android Saga self, seeing as she should be above Buu Saga Base Gohan, and can also scare Shin shitless, but saying she became 3-A just by sparing with Krillin and reaching the tournament would be absurd.

It would also make Krillin and the other humans like, at least 3-B seeing that they aren't that behind her.

18 was also treated as fodder compared to 17 throughout the whole tournament, constantly being saved by 17. This is most noticeable when she is blitzed by Katopesla and is about to be punched by him, but then 17 casually blitzes and overpowers Katopesla.

The same Katopesla who in today's episode was being humiliated by a base Vegeta, even after amping his strength by 300.

I am 100% against Base 18 being 3-A, but I am fine with 3-A Power of Love 18.

Do we know that she was significantly boosted though? I think that she got an overall power-up due to plot-induced stupidity, rather than training, but it nevertheless seems too blatant to deny.

Considering Super, 18 is likely going to fight with more 3-A opponents.

Antvasima said:
Do we know that she was significantly boosted though? I think that she got an overall power-up due to plot-induced stupidity, rather than training, but it nevertheless seems too blatant to deny.
Well, the Power of Love has been repeatedly shown to be a literal energy source that the warriors from Universe 2 use in combat.

We see it blatantly with Ribrianne, with the U2 warriors waving their glowsticks and cheering for her, which in turn empowers her with a pink energy. So in this case being empowered by "Love" is not PIS or nonsense, but something that can realistically happen.

The whole thing about the episode was that her love was greater and purer than Ribrianne's, which was distorted and self-centered, and that is why she was able to defeat her. I think it's clear that it was a temporary boost, rather than a permanent increase in power.

I disagree. I did not see it as anything more than being motivated into excerting herself more. The power of love was not mentioned for her, as far as I remember.

I think that Android 18 should be straight 3-A, despite that it does not make much sense.

I agree with Ant, she defeated Ribrianne on her own and she is going to fight with more 3-A opponents normally, the writers likely chosed to make her this way by making her jump in tiers for the tournament, we might have to accept that and the scaling it would cause.

At this rate is easier to change Ribrianne to Lazuli's tier than the other way around. Ribrianne hasn't done more than job to U7 during all the tourtament.

She fought with Narirama, Android 17, SS Vegeta and Goku. It would cause scaling problems [Which Super mainly aims this] with her teamates.

She didn't do anything to Goku tho, at best, she seems to match base Goku, something that isn't the big deal since even Ganos did that. Vegeta avoided to fight her since she appeared gross to him, and she didn't fight Narirama, just avoided its attacks.

Yep, Toei is horrible with powerscaling, but has been that way since the 90s (at least in DB).

Why must people make things so complicated? 3-A 18 is an outlier by itself.

Ribrianne is 3-A by being between Base Goku and Super Saiyan Goku.

Antvasima said:
I disagree. I did not see it as anything more than being motivated into excerting herself more. The power of love was not mentioned for her, as far as I remember.
It was.

Antvasima said:
Given that this was an obvious Sailor Moon reference, yes. It was literal energy gain through love and junk.

She fought base Goku and SSJ Vegeta, both are 3-A, so even if she's not SSB level and she competed with a much stronger form of Ribrianne than anyone else fought, it's possible.

"but saying she became 3-A just by sparing with Krillin and reaching the tournament would be absurd"

Compared to 18 who ran a Zoo and fought off poachers for all we know?

ProspectX said:
Precisely, she even randomly threatened to kill 17 some while before the tournament. Love is not the definition i'm looking.
17 is ridiculously stronger than her. Also this was supposed to be a Staff Only thread.

Seriously Ribrianne should just be downgraded to High 4-C/4-B along with other ToP fodder. Makes far more sense then all of them being at or above BOG Saga SSG Goku.

>Base Vegeta stomps x300 Strength Katopesla

>18 would have been smashed by base Strength Katopesla and needed to be rescued by 17

>Yet people say she is 3-A normally and on 17's level based on a joke comment that she'd kill him.

Ay.

What does a cut in your ankle have to do with getting punched in the face, and the wincing she did in preparation to getting hit?

episode 118 kind of confirms this...(though prepare to cringe at why)

Well, it is likely different from Ki, or else Ribrianne would be getting ki from a Goddess of Destruction.

So, a bit weird.

Apparently the power of love shown by 18 is nothing but her own power. The Universe 2 crew talks about Goku and co.'s power of love being "great", but they weren't amped by it or anything. It was actually a gag-scene. Goku even says this. So only the Universe 2 fighters can be amped by love.

This would make 18 3-A.

She is also portrayed as an equal to 17 in this episode. In the beginning, 17 brags about being the fighter who beat Kakunsa and Rozie and 18 follows suit, bragging about beating Ribrianne.

So 18 fighting Ribrianne is not an outlier. It seems like their intention was for it to be her greatest, main-moment of glory in the ToP, since she barely does anything in this episode.

I'm pretty sure that Ribrianne isn't even 3-A. That's the conclusion OBD is getting and I have to agree. maybe.

Other than that, or outlier.

I'll have my own conclusion when I watch the episode.

But 17 and 18 bragging about beating people doesn't make them equal.

Base Goku fighting her then going blue, SSJ Vegeta fighting her, 17 fighting her (briefly I think), etc.

I am leaning towards agreeing with Kepekley23. I think that it is far more likely that the writers simply did not care about story logic and upgraded 18 anyway, than that she suddenly has a new power source,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back