• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Among Us Discussion Thread #2

I have two reasons for the Impostor to be 9-B.First:blowing up skrulls and second surviving lava for a few moments

Durability to Tank Lava

Lava can be between 700°C and 1250°C. Given that we likely don´t know the heat of the lava let's work with 700°C.

Emissivity of Lava is between 0.55 and 0.85. At the given temprature it should be around 0.65.

The average human body surface area is 1.73 m^2.

At last we input all this stats in this calculator. That results in 57182.306177806 J/s.

Now part 2 heat transfer through conduction.

Human Skin is around 3 mm thick. (wikipedia:Human skin)

It has a thermal conductivity of about 0.209 (http://users.ece.utexas.edu/~valvano/research/Thermal.pdf)

Normal skin temperature is about 33°C (http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/AbantyFarzana.shtml)

Now we use this calculator. That gives us 80389.06333333334 J/s.

Now we add that together and get: 1.3757136951113934e5 J/s, Wall level

the impostor only survives in the lava briefly thou
and the impostor is also much smaller than a person

the impostor blowing off skulls with a gun is definatly 9-B but it wouldn't apply to his durability
this is also debatable since the anatomy of the crewmates is unknown

I have two reasons for the Impostor to be 9-B.First:blowing up skrulls and second surviving lava for a few moments

Durability to Tank Lava

Lava can be between 700°C and 1250°C. Given that we likely don´t know the heat of the lava let's work with 700°C.

Emissivity of Lava is between 0.55 and 0.85. At the given temprature it should be around 0.65.

The average human body surface area is 1.73 m^2.

At last we input all this stats in this calculator. That results in 57182.306177806 J/s.

Now part 2 heat transfer through conduction.

Human Skin is around 3 mm thick. (wikipedia:Human skin)

It has a thermal conductivity of about 0.209 (http://users.ece.utexas.edu/~valvano/research/Thermal.pdf)

Normal skin temperature is about 33°C (http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/AbantyFarzana.shtml)

Now we use this calculator. That gives us 80389.06333333334 J/s.

Now we add that together and get: 1.3757136951113934e5 J/s, Wall level
Do I need to repeat myself again?
They dont even survive the lava, at all, even if they were briefly shown alive for a few seconds. We discussed this numerous times. Stop bringing up the lava scene as their durability.
However, I agree with the skull part. Also:
the impostor blowing off skulls with a gun is definatly 9-B but it wouldn't apply to his durability
this is also debatable since the anatomy of the crewmates is unknown
The “bone” part was mostly a joke by the developers, and even then, its vague. For instance, I can say something like, “This dog is made from bone”, yet would you know the first time how many bones a dog is made up of without looking it up, or would you immediately assume its one bone (obvious wrong answer). Nor only that, but crewmates are clearly seen bending their legs and having hands, so it cannot be one bone.

could the crewmates being able to deduce who the impostor is be considered canon?
since that's one of the main goals for crewmates and also one of their ways to win

No, we declined that because this is literally player dependent on the intelligence. Nothing proves that they are canonically good or bad at making claims, and the pics are just... pics.

Back