• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Among Us Discussion Thread #2

That’s where i’m confused. I don’t see why, literally any reason, that they had self-sustenance to begin with.
I don't see why a lot of characters have self-sustenance at all, technically they have not proven to be able to breath in the vacuum of space infinitely but they have shown to be able to survive for a while. Have we made a mistake on this thread?

If that includes the bone, that could make the Impostors decently stronger, though I agree with Daddybrawl here.
It looks like it would be via technology, though. (Though, technology of unknown durability, unknown fuel/energy supply.)
I wonder if you can jump off the ladders.

what is the shortcut reginald is talking about in the video?
I think he's using "shortcut" in a... very generous way. Referring to the floating, slowly moving platform you ride to cross the gap.

Which in my opinion, is an overly glorifying way of describing it.
I, personally, would say it's a shortcut in the same way taking a ferry through raging rapids to get from one island to another is a shortcut.
For the players, to get from Point A to Point B, you have to take the choice & wait out the ride.
For the crewmate/Impostors, that's even more true because the alternative (In universe.) is making a big jump & falling down a big chasm, or riding the slow platform.

So yeah. A choice between certain death & a slow wait to cross what should be a small inconvenience (Just build a bridge!). Totally a "shortcut".

I was very happy when InnerSloth won awards! It was so wholesome to see them not prepared to win. Anyway, I'm glad the Toppat Airship is coming to Among Us. Shooting a beam as an Impostor looks cool but it probably won't be free.

This could be possible that the laser beam is given to the regular Impostor and not just the skin, but again, its not confirmed until it is released. If so, that can be a good upgrade.

Looking at the references for common feats page, vaporization of a human seems to be 9-A.

Of course, Crewmates are small so idk if that calc still applies.

If anything, we at least either get another Among Us profile OR the Impostors get Energy Projection.

i don't think we'd have to make another profile just for the rhm skin
maybe just make it clear that the energy projection is exclusive to it

Looking at the references for common feats page, vaporization of a human seems to be 9-A.

Of course, Crewmates are small so idk if that calc still applies.

If anything, we at least either get another Among Us profile OR the Impostors get Energy Projection.
They're so small that it would have to be calc'd.

it would probably have to be calced
i'd assume the result would be either Wall Level or very high into Street Level

If it is just specific to the cyborg skin, and there are other kill animations that only involve the cyborg skin, could something like Cyborg Augmentations be optional equipment?

Could very well be. And if they aren’t, means they can get new abilities such as Energy Projection. This Map could also very well increase their Speeds and Ranges, as the Airship has 3 different parts, implying it’s far larger than the likes of The Skeld or Polus, and if you can vent between those or Sabotage? Perfect.

Of course it will be optional equipment. I'm quite surprised this is being discussed. The Right Hand Man costume is probably a cosmetic so it's not like it's a different character. If it's not a cosmetic then there's no reason to discuss it until the update actually happens. Though I know it is exciting and people want to discuss it, so I have a nice idea. We should make a profile of the Crewmate that appears to be the captain of Among Us version of the Toppat Airship. It's the one with the Reginald voice. It can be a regular Crewmate once a profile of them is made except with the intelligence of being the leader. I know it may not be practical, so it could be taken as an idea for a blog post to keep yourselves occupied until the update releases.

Of course it will be optional equipment. I'm quite surprised this is being discussed. The Right Hand Man costume is probably a cosmetic so it's not like it's a different character. If it's not a cosmetic then there's no reason to discuss it until the update actually happens. Though I know it is exciting and people want to discuss it, so I have a nice idea. We should make a profile of the Crewmate that appears to be the captain of Among Us version of the Toppat Airship. It's the one with the Reginald voice. It can be a regular Crewmate once a profile of them is made except with the intelligence of being the leader. I know it may not be practical, so it could be taken as an idea for a blog post to keep yourselves occupied until the update releases.
I was just curious, as I don’t really know how these things work yet. I was thinking it could be optional equipment or get a 2nd tab.

My comment was just saying ‘If these aren’t limited to RHM Skin, then....’, I wasn’t really saying they wouldn’t be Optional Equipment, lol

Indeed, we shall see. I, for one, will find it hilarious if Impostors suddenly change from ‘I’ve got a Gun and Spiky Mouth’ to ‘Vaporizing Beam’. It would also increase their Tier to ‘9-C with normal attacks, X with Lasers’ and their Dura to ’X (Comparable to their Striking Strength)’.
In the meantime, should we ask for the Beam to be calced, or wait for the Map to actually come out?

Indeed, we shall see. I, for one, will find it hilarious if Impostors suddenly change from ‘I’ve got a Gun and Spiky Mouth’ to ‘Vaporizing Beam’. It would also increase their Tier to ‘9-C with normal attacks, X with Lasers’ and their Dura to ’X (Comparable to their Striking Strength)’.
In the meantime, should we ask for the Beam to be calced, or wait for the Map to actually come out?
I don’t see any reason to not do a calc now. The kill animation won’t change, we’ll just see who’s capable of outputting that level of AP.

I was thinking that said energy beam could potentially scale to the Impostor’s durability, given how its a superhuman alien race of potential scaling to themselves, after all

If someone can fire 9-B Lasers, they have 9-B Durability, correct? Or am I wrong? If I’m right, there shouldn’t really be any question about scaling their Dura to the Lasers.

That's wrong. You don't scale to attacks like lasers.

We only scale physical blows performed without technology/weapons to dura.

Yeah I really doubt that would merit a lightspeed rating.

i was wondering how this plays into the "lore" if you can call it that.
Why are the crewmate's suddendly working for the toppat's?

i was wondering how this plays into the "lore" if you can call it that.
Why are the crewmate's suddendly working for the toppat's?
Maybe they were and we just weren’t seeing it, as they were already working for Mira before Mira HQ came out.

It makes sense that the Crewmates are a race and that they can work for multiple different companies. I guess it’s basically implied the world is a lot bigger than we’re shown.

Back