• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alucard vs Alex Mercer (Here we go again)

The same way that Alex loses biomass after each damage and therefone slowing his regeneration
yeah the difference is though if alucard runs out of souls he is down to a high-mid regen while mercer is constantly at low-high and the only thing that is effected by biomass is the speed at which the regeneration happens, he has the biomass of a crow? that is enough to go from a tiny sliver of meat to a full body in a matter of moments

he got nothing but a pile of blood? takes a few minutes to regenerate a hand much like the supreme hunter

You know, the slowness of regeneration can slow down to a point where it takes him minutes to recover a single hand. If Alex takes too much damage he will end up being incapacitated sooner or later, just as much as Alucard. No one here can take damage at will without consequence

You know, the slowness of regeneration can slow down to a point where it takes him minutes to recover a single hand. If Alex takes too much damage he will end up being incapacitated sooner or later, just as much as Alucard. No one here can take damage at will without consequence
yeah that is if alucard somehow bypasses the 12 times AP and durability difference to smash mercer into a blood puddle which is unlikely

Sir_Sun_Man is objectively wrong regarding Alucard's absorption, and continues to try to force his own headcanon that Alucard doesn't absorp bodies.

Level 0 literally debunks your entire argument that Alucard can only absorbs souls and minds. He releases an entire army, a physical one at that.
yeah expect one tiny little fact you are cherry picking the information provided by the major as he never states that their body becomes one with him what he says is their lives and minds do and latter on in that same scan you provided he outright states that the process is something he would not enjoy as he says "but it is something that I would not enjoy, I'm not joking, its true what's mine is mine, my soul and my blood" it never even implies in that scan that he consumes their bodies just their blood and souls, as for the familiars they are formed from the same shadow substance as alucard because absorption is not a good argument considering alucard only took a single good bite out of Tubalcain before the major set the card boy on fire and turned him into dust so alucard all of a sudden having his body even though he was turned to ash before alucard could absorb it can only be explained through the shadow matter that alucard consistently uses.
First of all your entire argument is full of literal lies, lies that you know are lies and nothing else. This is blatant example of someone using misinformation in order to force their own agenda onto others.

His familiars are not composed of the same shadow substance as Alucard himself, that is never stated nor implied. So once again we have you reaching actual conclusions that you made by yourself. I.E actual headcanon and nothing more.

Also Vampires turn into dust / fire upon death, that's not something that the Major does directly. Body combustion is what happens after death after a Vampire dies.

Mercer being 12 times stronger does not grant him resistance towards absorption.

and you know what I went out of my way to look for official translations for the scans that you have provided and the first one that you did is actually the official translation and not the one from Imgbb so yeah there is nothing remotely close to full on existence absorption in that scan just basic soul and mind absorption through consuming the blood
Bullshit. I got those scans from Manga see, which only uses officials scans. I'm curious to see these "official." scans that you went out of your way to find, because I really doubt you used the actual translations given the one I provided are the official translations.
ah so you are trying to apply layers to Seras resisting zorin even though prior to her true vampire state she never ones demonstrated resistance to mind manipulation?
Seras was shown resisting Zorin's first illusion, after unlocking her Third Eye Zorin casts another one that bypasses that resistance. True Vampire Seras is immune to Zorin's mind hax.
that is disingenuous because one little fact to get layers you need to be able to mind manip a person who can resist base mind manip which seras never demonstrated the basic mind manip resistance in the series prior to zorin as it was the whole point of that fight for seras was to overcome her mortality and open her third eye
Exactly, and when she does Zorin still effects it. It's not disingenuous, you literally just don't know anything about context buddy.
I mean yeah flubbed it there but as for the scan I mean do you need it? the whole of Manhattan was nothing but shambling corpses in 2 and mercer was at the tippity top of that hivemind although I suppose it would be more like 2 mill people at the time(assumed from the fact that half of manhattan is turned to a smoldering pile).
Yeah I absolutely need the scan. Are you ******* serious? Lol.

Sir_Sun_Man is objectively wrong regarding Alucard's absorption, and continues to try to force his own headcanon that Alucard doesn't absorp bodies.

Level 0 literally debunks your entire argument that Alucard can only absorbs souls and minds. He releases an entire army, a physical one at that.

yeah cept one tiny thing we see the bodies form from the blood not just pop out like if they where stored inside
also this
alucard outright forming a whole cavalry through his blood(the anime made it more clear but still)

that along the fact that you are still yet to adress how alucard has Tubalcain's body even though the major turned into to ash what did he magic it back into existance and then eat it? oh and did he also eat his cards cuse those are there as well? or maybe here me out here he formed it like he did with all of those bodies in the scans above.
But if you want to prove me wrong show me 1 scan where alucard fully absorbs someone body without the use of Baskerville.
First of all your entire argument is full of literal lies, lies that you know are lies and nothing else. This is blatant example of someone using misinformation in order to force their own agenda onto others.
nice of you to try to paint me into a liar instead of just simply answering my points like an adult and its not like you are using flowery language to try to literally give a character that has never outright demonstrated one solid feat of full body absorption on panel out right existence absorption and I am the one with the extreme headcanons here.
His familiars are not composed of the same shadow substance as Alucard himself, that is never stated nor implied. So once again we have you reaching actual conclusions that you made by yourself. I.E actual headcanon and nothing more.
yeah cept you know outright shown since they form out of it in the panels where the river of hades is released
Also Vampires turn into dust / fire upon death, that's not something that the Major does directly. Body combustion is what happens after death after a Vampire dies.
you what?

did you read the manga? are you for real right now? I make head canons? you just outright stated something that contradicts half the bloody manga here we have lukes brother outright stating that they wouldn't leave him alive and he is set on fire literally the next panel and he turns into ash much like tubelcain.

and now for the absolute massive amount of vampires that are killed and their bodies stick around shall we begin>

vampire pair from the 3rd chapter murdered and don't turn to a blaze of blue flame

the dozens of Vampire nazi's that are kill never turn into a blazing inferno
like if you wanna talk dishonesty this one tops it all my good man
Mercer being 12 times stronger does not grant him resistance towards absorption.
yeah cept for the fact that alucard isn't exactly going to be absorbing mercer through touch now isn't he? he either needs to bite him or eat him with Baskerville which is not happening with that big of an AP gap alucard can't hurt mercer while mercer is gonna be turning him inside out with each and every punch

and then again I adressed the absorbtion above

Bullshit. I got those scans from Manga see, which only uses officials scans. I'm curious to see these "official." scans that you went out of your way to find, because I really doubt you used the actual translations given the one I provided are the official translations.

mate read what I sent throughout I quite literally said that the first respone you sent had the official translation which btw doesn't back up anything more than mind and soul absorption which seem to be one and the same per this scan

as for the actual problem with you using bogus links to unofficial translations I am talking about this one that you used when talking to death
the official translation and the one you used when talking to me is this one

you might notice a slight difference between the two my good man, one states that peoples lives and hearts become one with the vampire which is flowery language that doesn't really mean much coming from an in verse character and the other one the unofficial one talks about the combination of esence between two separate entities which is to at least some extent exitance absorption
one talks about the soul and blood(the official)
and the other each hair and drop of blood(the unofficial)

Seras was shown resisting Zorin's first illusion, after unlocking her Third Eye Zorin casts another one that bypasses that resistance. True Vampire Seras is immune to Zorin's mind hax.

honestly was re-reading the manga to make sure I haven't missed that and yeah I did(although she didn't fully unlock the third eye until she ate the french man) and yeah I do suppose that Zorin has a double layered mind manip. The slight issue with it is does it fully translate into it scaling to alucard in full? we never see him use mind control to the same extent Zorin does and I don't see how we can do anything more than say that alucard has a double layered mind manip resistance
Exactly, and when she does Zorin still effects it. It's not disingenuous, you literally just don't know anything about context buddy.

Yeah I absolutely need the scan. Are you ******* serious? Lol.
mate there is no scan for the exact number of infected but it is a pretty obvious conclusion that at least half of the manhattan population is infected considering that there are literally millions of people in the area that is now fully covered head to toe with infected(that and the fact that two more islands are also infected and have considerable populations of the infected)

Last edited:
Before I address anything, the ones I used are in fact the official translations, more specifically they are the most recently released official translations. I literally pay for a monthly subscription service that provides the most recent official translations, and if you don't believe me then feel free to look at literally any other site that has recently updated Hellsing as of recently.

Your translation is wrong, fanmade and old.

Okay I see what's going on here.

Alucard's profile is only using the older translations of Hellsing for his Pre Schrodinger key, Post Schrodinger is using the newest official translations.

I'll have to update the scans in his profile accordingly with the more recent official translations.

Before I address anything, the ones I used are in fact the official translations, more specifically they are the most recently released official translations. I literally pay for a monthly subscription service that provides the most recent official translations, and if you don't believe me then feel free to look at literally any other site that has recently updated Hellsing as of recently.

Your translation is wrong, fanmade and old.
again talking about the Imgbb the first one you provided me is legit the one you provided to death the is old poorly translated one

Hellsing is officially translated by Dark Horse, the same company owns Hellsing. I get my scans directly from Dark Horse.

Don't ******* @ me.

Last edited:
well the only dark horse translation that I have for hellsing that is somewhat recent is the russian one released in 2019
it does have the line about each hair each drop of blood but the existence thing is simply isn't there it again talks about the soul
this here page
v9_c84_p01-u6541-1928-15089412579672.jpg

top right portion
обединение жизней других, их слияние, синтэз душ
or in english
the fusion of lives of different people, their combination/culmination, the synthesis of the soul

which again comes back to how alucard does his shtick through soul absorption (and honestly the whole what mine is mine every hair every drop of blood or in the russian version every hair every muscle every drop of blood is the definition of flowery language if you ask me)

That's cool, we don't use the Russian translation but rather the English one so that doesn't change anything bud.

Alucard absorbs minds, souls and the bodies of his opponents. Also The Major never killed Tubalcain nor Rip-Van-Winkle. Alucard absorbed all of them before they could "die."

Seras does the same shit with Pip and she's never shown summoning Shadow creatures of the sorts.

That's cool, we don't use the Russian translation but rather the English one so that doesn't change anything bud.

Alucard absorbs minds, souls and the bodies of his opponents. Also The Major never killed Tubalcain nor Rip-Van-Winkle. Alucard absorbed all of them before they could "die."
so you just gonna ignore the flames that ingulfed tubalcain for your own convenience?
look adress it at least properly
can't say shit about rip-van-winkle alucard did consume her blood dono about the body though since we never see it in whole

How in-character is the absorption?
Pretty in character, as soon as he sees blood.
so you just gonna ignore the flames that ingulfed tubalcain for your own convenience?
I'm not ignoring anything, matter of fact I even countered this, as we see Tubalcain's body in perfect condition after he unleashes Level 0. And before you say it, no they are not made of the same shadow substance as Alucard himself. That's a result of Alucard's status as a True Vampire, and decades of experiments.

Same thing happens to Rip my guy. The only person here ignoring things is you, between that and outright attempting to spread misinformation.

I mean not very he does it on two occasions against the elite of the millennium being tubalcain and ripvanwinkle mainly to gain information though
for mercer it is pretty much a constant in character move
Alucard absorbs blood every time he gets the chance, blood is what drives him. He drinks the blood of his victims whenever he gets the chance, such as him automatically seizing the chance to absorb millions of more souls after Millennium had their forces slaughtered.

He doesn't need to actually "suck." blood with his fangs, if there's blood already present he can literally absorb that shit telepathically.

Pretty in character, as soon as he sees blood.

I'm not ignoring anything, matter of fact I even countered this, as we see Tubalcain's body in perfect condition after he unleashes Level 0. And before you say it, no they are not made of the same shadow substance as Alucard himself. That's a result of Alucard's status as a True Vampire, and decades of experiments.
that doesn't address a thing the guy turned to dust after alucard took one bite we see his body turn into nothing not because it was becoming one with alucard but because he was turning into actual ash

There's no debate to be had here. You are wrong, it's as simple as that.

Level 0 dismisses all of your arguments against Alucard not being able to absorb souls
oi I haven't dismissed you, you don't get to dismiss me just because you feel like it

also never said he can't absorb souls I said that the crux of his absorption is all around souls

Last edited:
Random-Helper can explain that in better detail than I can so I'll wait for him since he actually planned on addressing that part in the Universal energy system blog for Hellsing that'll be out soon.

oh btw checking the manga again
vol 3, chapter 17 page 4
he is eating a armed guard but the body remains
It's implied that the body was released, remember all Level 0 is doing is releasing the people he Absorbed. We see this done with Van-Winkle and the rest of the people who's he's absorbed.

Seems like the bodies are stored in a hammer space of the sorts within blood, since that's there the bodies are spawned from. He also literally absorbed Schrodinger's entire body, remember that.

Also back to the mind hax, do you realize all of Millennium's vampiric attempts including Zorin are stemmed by a fraction of Alucard's own power right? They used Mina Harker as the basis for Zorin and such, and Mina was not a true Vampire unlike Alucard. All of the Vampires Millennium has are failed attempts at recreating a True Vampire like Alucard. He scales above anything Zorin has, hence why he has resistance negation on his profile.

Like Schrodinger's body getting sucked into Alucard + Level 0 unleashing all of the bodies of the victims he's absorbed + the existence of Rip and Tubalcain still being around should be more than enough evidence of Alucard absorbing bodies as well.

It's implied that the body was released, remember all Level 0 is doing is releasing the people he Absorbed. We see this done with Van-Winkle and the rest of the people who's he's absorbed.
??? not what i was talking about there
and again you are still yet to address tubalcain being in alucard even though alucard didn't absorb the bastards body only his soul and mind as we see Tubalcain burn away in the same blue flame as luke's brother and turn to ash in the same manner
Seems like the bodies are stored in a hammer space of the sorts within blood, since that's there the bodies are spawned from. He also literally absorbed Schrodinger's entire body, remember that.
or are made of blood
as for shrodinger I mean maybe? it was a whole ass ocean of blood just rushing into him we don't see the body but we also don't really fully know how shordingers quantum entanglement works
Also back to the mind hax, do you realize all of Millennium's vampiric attempts including Zorin are stemmed by a fraction of Alucard's own power right? They used Mina Harker as the basis for Zorin and such, and Mina was not a true Vampire unlike Alucard. All of the Vampires Millennium has are failed attempts at recreating a True Vampire like Alucard. He scales above anything Zorin has, hence why he has resistance negation on his profile.
honestly forgot about that. Suppose that is the one solid win con he has although looking at how Zorin's mind manip worked it was centered around brining out past memories to create illusions in the mind and when she went up against Seras in her true vampire ascension she couldn't use that mind manipulation because "the thoughts are jumbled" due to the presence of Pip in the mind of Seras which really begs the question how does that mind manip actually work? does it have specific conditions? weaknesses? because it clearly doesn't work like regular mind manip the only time we see a right and proper mind manip its from alucard taking control of the clerk in that hotel in chapter 14.

Regarding Mercer's absorption, we know for a fact how it works because it failed to absorb the hunter at first because it had two spines and two brains. This proves that he's breaking the spine or brain to absorb things, and therefore doesn't have anything beyond the physical, and also hints that he does it by taking over the nervous system. Absorbing Alucard would be difficult because his body can freely function with no functioning nervous system, and his soul stock is actually stored in hammer space, so Mercer wouldn't be in a position to absorb it at all. Honestly, absorbing Alucard's body when that body can function with his brain hacked clean off of it would be very difficult if not impossible. It proves that his nervous system doesn't need to connect, and that he controls it some other way.

Secondly, Alucard's ability to turn people to dust seems to come from his ability to absorb them and their soul. He seems to have to kill them first, but he most definitely does absorb them by dissolving them into some kind of cloud or haze first. This happened with the priest and the early vampires he killed. He also absorbed Rip Van Winkle. Her body vanished even though the major specifically ordered that she not be incinerated. So there's no question Alucard can indeed absorb people.

As for Alucard scaling to Zorin's mind hax, the universal energy system has been approved in the current revision precisely because all vampiric power is the same in terms of nature and source; vampiric magic is all fuelled by the energy of the souls, minds and essence found in blood, a universal source of power that all vampires use. In addition, we have seen that Tubalcain's physical attacks and his telekinetic ones have comparable power to each other, further hinting at a shared power source for both. This is even further hinted at with Alucard being able to physically overwhelm Rip Van Winkle's telekinetic attacks.

Alucard is the original vampire and literally all other vampires are using derivatives of his powers. This actually goes double for the Millennium vampires like Zorin, because they were made from Mina who was an incomplete vampire Alucard made centuries ago, while he has only gotten stronger since. All their abilities are derived from an incomplete vampire made by a weaker Alucard than what he is now. So they shouldn't have anything superior to his power, outside of Schrodinger whose abilities are completely different from those of vampires, meaning they must have a different source and nature.

Does anything else need to be gone over? This is a long thread.

Like Schrodinger's body getting sucked into Alucard + Level 0 unleashing all of the bodies of the victims he's absorbed + the existence of Rip and Tubalcain still being around should be more than enough evidence of Alucard absorbing bodies as well.
No the existance of Tubalcain is actually an issue to the whole body absorbtion thing as we see in chapter 19 (elevator action 6) that alucard takes a bite of his neck
after which we see a little line from a transmitter in that the vampires have as per luke's brother saying in chapter 9 and he then starts burning up untill not but ash is left of his body
and the body turns to naught but ash

which is a problem for the whole he absorbs the bodies and not just the souls

Regarding Mercer's absorption, we know for a fact how it works because it failed to absorb the hunter at first because it had two spines and two brains. This proves that he's breaking the spine or brain to absorb things, and therefore doesn't have anything beyond the physical, and also hints that he does it by taking over the nervous system. Absorbing Alucard would be difficult because his body can freely function with no functioning nervous system, and his soul stock is actually stored in hammer space, so Mercer wouldn't be in a position to absorb it at all. Honestly, absorbing Alucard's body when that body can function with his brain hacked clean off of it would be very difficult if not impossible. It proves that his nervous system doesn't need to connect, and that he controls it some other way.
actually in the comics mercer has absorbed people with a basic touch but mercers absorbtion isn't the win con here
also mercer has absorbed multiple evolved at once who can like him function without a brain or organs so that is also not really the case
Secondly, Alucard's ability to turn people to dust seems to come from his ability to absorb them and their soul. He seems to have to kill them first, but he most definitely does absorb them by dissolving them into some kind of cloud or haze first. This happened with the priest and the early vampires he killed. He also absorbed Rip Van Winkle. Her body vanished even though the major specifically ordered that she not be incinerated. So there's no question Alucard can indeed absorb people.
he never turned anyone to dust though the priest got turned into a pile of blood
that was through ya know punching through him, rip van winkle we honestly don't know how he absorbed her since it happened of screen or if he even did absorb her body
As for Alucard scaling to Zorin's mind hax, the universal energy system has been approved in the current revision precisely because all vampiric power is the same in terms of nature and source; vampiric magic is all fuelled by the energy of the souls, minds and essence found in blood, a universal source of power that all vampires use. In addition, we have seen that Tubalcain's physical attacks and his telekinetic ones have comparable power to each other, further hinting at a shared power source for both. This is even further hinted at with Alucard being able to physically overwhelm Rip Van Winkle's telekinetic attacks.
Hmm fair
Alucard is the original vampire and literally all other vampires are using derivatives of his powers. This actually goes double for the Millennium vampires like Zorin, because they were made from Mina who was an incomplete vampire Alucard made centuries ago, while he has only gotten stronger since. All their abilities are derived from an incomplete vampire made by a weaker Alucard than what he is now. So they shouldn't have anything superior to his power, outside of Schrodinger whose abilities are completely different from those of vampires, meaning they must have a different source and nature.
also fair
Does anything else need to be gone over? This is a long thread.
I mean we still have to go over the fact will alucards mind mani effect a man with pre existing mind manpi resistence and a thousand seprate minds on top of that
as well as go over how alucard is actually going to get an absorption off on mercer since mercer is over 12 times stronger than him

Back