• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Altair (Re:Creator) Hax Upgrade

Like Altair blocking Gigasmachina's blasts, Charon evading Vogelchevalier's blasts, Selesia and Charon in their mechas fight were flying very fast across the sky,etc.

Don't remember any of that being impressive compared to what they currently have, if you think they are, ask for it to be calc.

About speed though, everyone should be supersonic+, as while altair is stronger than everyone, they could still react to her attacks.

She wasn't even trying btw and was casually evading all of their attacks.

so to summarize, she will get the following haxes (for the time being until the guidebook reveals more info)

Data Manipulation

Summoning

Cloning

Magic

Type 3 Immortality

Existence Change

So will this be added to her profile or we gonna wait until the guidebook is translated and reveals new stuffs?

Hi there. Here's something for you from the guidebook. Sirius Rebor is listed as a separate character from both Sirius and Altair. Pardon my ignorance but I think post 21 Altair should be as an exception to talk about for VS Battles, since one may assume can become anything or have the ability to do anything her creator wants her to, since there wasn't a limitation stated for the kind of fiction she gathered powers from. She basically has no canon after that point(see edit).

https://imgur.com/a/0ZeOf

Also, please support the creators.

Quick edit: Not a japanese speaker, my opinion could change depending on what is revealed from the guidebook. I know it doesn't go into any detail regarding the powers of characters when describing them or give new information, but the story commentary is quite text heavy so maybe something could be dug up from there.

@Airshark Unless the character has really nonsensical or incoherent scaling when it comes to the consistency of their power, no character is impossible to talk about.

Having no limits is a classic example of the no limits fallacy, unless the character is omnipotent, they have limits, and even with omnipotence, we rate it as questionable omnipotence as omnipotence in of itself sort of contradicts itself.

Anyway, welcome to the broader section of fiction, infinite amounts of universes being blown up are common are are a low tier feat to characters who transcend infinite universes, and characters who transcend those who transcend that, and characters who transcend that, and it goes on infinitely to then you have characters who are beyond all concepts of dimensions and infinities really, in other words all that infinite transcending i was talking about is utterly meaningless to these characters, and no matter how many infinities you are in that hierarchy of infinities, this character is stronger. And then you have the nigh omnipotent characters above these characters who would be omnipotent if not for some minor weakness, or another omnipotent being already existing, so yea "limitless" shouldn't be thrown around lightly.

Anyway it makes sense that sirius reborn would listed as a separate character cause it's altair taking over sirius's body.

Oh, quick response. I would like to elaborate a bit on my point just so we are on the same page. I hope to take your comment regarding limitlessness to heart, as the series itself has already established the idea of acceptance, and demonstrated it quite comprehensively when Sirius did only beat Altair in the power battle they had because the narrative around her made the impression on the audience that she was stronger. So even stronger in some way could exist for most of the things.

I think the problem is that she never really interacted with Setsuna within the story according to the rules the series had set for her powers. The important detail here is that she was once powered up conceptually within the series to a universal level, in the sense of meta fiction. We should bring this together with the point the series made about narratives. The series gave no information regarding what kind of fiction Altair interacted with or if there's something specific that she would not interact with at all, or whether or not she can assume even stronger concepts from the new stories she is in, or if one could build a narrative to achieve that goal with a fictional sequel to Elimination Chamber Festival with even stronger characters.

According to the eastern sources back in the end of the first cour, in an interview Altair was stated to have derived over 90 holopsicon abilities around the time the development for Elimination Chamber Festival or the event itself began. This is a modest number considering they were primarily in the scope of a mobage, and this makes it believable that she wouldn't just go after the universe itself using thousands upon thousands of stories to achieve upgrades for her concept before Meteora and the rest of the creations could figure out a better way to deal with her.

Holopsicon gathers powers from the stories and art Altair is in. That was the reason I reached to the conclusion that she(after her costume change from Sirius Reborn) would turn into a character design with a personality when she and Setsuna said to create recurring stories. To give you an example the series did not specify the potential outcomes for when Setsuna placed her in a story and wrote something we could write, or more significantly copy a different story and exchange Altair with a character in it.

Anyway, this has been my conclusion on her for a bit of a while now, and I was meaning to post for a few months. I'm happy to see her being discussed with reason. I hope I could contribute.

It doesn't really matter what kind of fiction Altair interacted with, we always limit the characters on this site to the feats they have performed, basically we take a feats>everything else approach here, and we dislike assumptions, like saying for example character a was stated to be able to do anything, yet only has shown planet level feats, that doesn't mean they can perform feats thousands or even multiple infinities above the level they have shown. If the feats don't support the statements, we disregard the statements as either Hyperbole, Plot-Induced Stupidity or Outlier. Plus each series obviously operate by different rules, so for the purpose of vs matches we place the characters in a neutral setting where they are allowed their abilities shown by the feats in their series, and can interact with each other.

@Celestial, I forgot to mention two more possible Haxes for Altair

•Information Manipulation:- Can look at anything and easily understand infos about it. Looked at the birdcage and understood it's mechanism and the person controlling it. Looked at Ionian Aphoria, Selesia's newly created Conceptual attack, and instantly explained the mechanics of it. Looked at Sirius and Understood that she could use Holopiscon too. Looked at the Train Station and understood the place and events that occured in that specific setting.

•Time Manip:- Slowed down time when the Train approached a falling Setsuna. Altair said that Setsuna was seperated from the world for 0.5 secs (the setsuna jumping in front of the train part) and that she could change Setsuna's fate. Point to be noted that both Altair and Setsuna could talk to each other within that small period of time when the train was about to hit setsuna. I do believe that its a side effect of Altair's 23rd Movement which possible caused time to slow down.

So yeah, can you see if these two are plausable to add

@RM97 Don't think anything about information manipulation was ever stated, what you have just stated just means she is very intelligent, being capable of quickly figuring out abilities being used against her.

As for time manipulation, the ability was clearly stated to be able to twist fate, nothing about time manipulation, altair and setsuna being able to talk in that .5 seconds is just the animators abuse of cinematic timing, like the whole 5 minutes until namek explodes debacle.

Also, instead of creating another page for Sirius Reborn, why not add another Key on Altair's page as "Sirius Reborn" cuz it's basically Altair possessing and becoming Sirius. Or am I wrong about this?

No, as i already said it's an abuse of cinematic timing, this is fairly common in anime where the stated time for something to happen, doesn't match up with what's displayed on screen.

Also setsuna was a normal human.

Yes but in those cases the characters are usually super fast. Like the case of 5 Min in DBZ where both Goku and Frieza were fighting in FTL speed or this ToP arc where 48 mins in the series = 30+ episodes in real world timing, or Yomi vs his Son in YYH,etc. Generally the chars display superspeed during such instances which is logical to whats been stated and displayed.

And yes I know. I was just joking. But you may never know if she is supersonic or not OvO

Back