• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All the problems with every Minecraft enemy mob page here

I've never, ever, ever seen anyone reference the Mobestiary before, so my bad on that part.

Actually, hold on a second. I've never seen any online source reference to the Mobestiary, nor have I seen any source say that the difficulty settings are 'canon'. What does canon even mean in this context? Adding to this, the Mobestiary from a glance seems to be a guidebook for mobs, and you haven't given any quotes stating that the difficulty settings are canon.

The Mobestiary is written from an in-universe perspective and it was licensed by Mojang, so it should be canon enough.

It's on the page for Zombies.

They say that Zombies normally wouldn't call for help, but on hard worlds/difficulties they're capable of summoning other Zombies out of nowhere to help.

This is backed up by the fact that only in Hard difficulty Zombies are capable of calling for reinforcements.

That's why the difficulty is canon

PDFs are hard to find but yes Zombies can call for reinforcements in the more recent updates

Youd probably have to buy it yourself though

To clarify, zombie summoning only happens in hard mode. That's why some people may not have seen it before.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
The Mobestiary is written from an in-universe perspective and it was licensed by Mojang, so it should be canon enough.
It's on the page for Zombies.

They say that Zombies normally wouldn't call for help, but on hard worlds/difficulties they're capable of summoning other Zombies out of nowhere to help.

This is backed up by the fact that only in Hard difficulty Zombies are capable of calling for reinforcements.

That's why the difficulty is canon
Pray tell, which in-universe perspective wrote the Mobestiary? Writers have a thing where to add flavor to their book, they try to make it seem as if a fictional individual is writing to the reader.

A man who's dedicated his life to studying minecraft mobs with notes from scientists, researchers, adventurers, and interdimensional travellers

And where's the source for that claim? And what interdimensional travelers?

You're forgetting I still haven't read the book since it's not avalible online freely and I can't exactly order it now.

It's in the google books description

The author is an editor who's made it his life's work to study everythin about Minecraft Mobs. It has various statements from scientists (aka decoding zombie grunts) and even statements from interdimensional travellers (In the book it's said that there are reports from travellers of other worlds that squids from different worlds behave and act differently such as squirting ink as a defense mechanism)

Yes, that confirms that Bedrock-Edition is actually just a seperate Minecraft World in the entire multiverse

The fact that all of this is coming from a description on Google Books is already very off. Generally, the blurb of a book shouldn't be taken as canon fact capable of massively affecting the powerscaling of an entire universe.

It also comes from the book itself and is written from an in-universe perspective. It even says within the book itself that there are reports from Scientists and Travellers from other worlds.

Not just the blurb.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
It also comes from the book itself and is written from an in-universe perspective. It even says within the book itself that there are reports from Scientists and Travellers from other worlds.

Not just the blurb.
That sounds fair enough to me.

Speed still needs to be downgraded or redone, though.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Speed needs to be downgraded, definitely.
So what should we do there, first of all? We could just go off of the movement calculations for each mob, and give Endermen Instinctive Reaction.

In-game Data puts Steve as the literal slowest entity in the game so I'm not sure how accurate it is.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
In-game Data puts Steve as the literal slowest entity in the game so I'm not sure how accurate it is.
How large is a block again?

We could probably calc with that.

1 meter

Someone's already calced Steve's speed so we just need to do the rest of the mobs.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
1 meter

Someone's already calced Steve's speed so we just need to do the rest of the mobs.
That seems simple enough to do in the future.

What point should we address next?

Edwardtruong2006 said:
It is directly stated in the Mobestiary that the difficulty setting are canon, who has the ability to edit the difficulty (discounting the Command Block and Creative Mode Steve which have been both considered non-canon)? Oh wait, the Player.
Meanwhile @Idzami uses hard mode to his calc. Basically he used hard mode to exploit nerfing AP while the hardmode actually upgraded their AP rather than nerfing AP.

His base AP will always scale to the Silverfish as it is the weakest monster in the entire world, doing just as much damage as a barehanded player with no status effects, and yet it can still violently fragment rocks without any difficulty.

Back