• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

A Versus Thread that I made. Part of the match conditions (at the time of my posting this here & now.) include this:
""Nen Crush" is restricted. (Knuckle cannot & will not cause Knuckles to lose as a result of exposure to Knuckle's aura's match-loss-causing Death Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, &/or Paralysis Inducement.) Other uses of Nen are stil allowed."

• It is not fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup, implicitly or expressly. Matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment. An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one, and is one the character can consciously restrict themselves from using. In this case, the match can be added. The match can also be added if Optional Equipments such as optional power-ups and items are restricted, or if the ability being restricted is indexed after a "Likely" or "Possibly" conditional.
Seemingly per Versus Thread Rules, @StrymULTRA argued that abilities that don't affect tier cannot be restricted.
My own response was: "I thought you could, it just meant that the match wouldn't be able to be added to profiles.".
Thus, StrymUltra proposed to me:
The thread should be moved to Fun & Games.

However, I wonder if some alternatives would be viable:
A. Can the match be fair with Nen unrestricted? Is it likely that an in-character Knuckle's Nen "Nen Crushes" someone? Does IDW Knuckles have anything analogous to Nen to not be as vulnerable to Nen Crush as a regular person? I know IDW Knuckles has Extrasensory Perception, at least.
B. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Versus_Thread_Rules
  • It is strongly suggested to detail the scenario of the battle, by giving details such as a location, the method of victory (e.g. KO, death), whether the combatants have preparation time, are blood-lusted or in character, which version of the characters are being used, and so on.
I could just specify the method of victory to be KO (Knock-Out), since, IIRC, "Nen Crush", causes Death, Paralysis, &/or Fear, but may not necessarily knock the victim out, right?

I'd like to know which options would be viable & reasonable options. I'd prefer to have the thread not be a "Nen Crush" stomp, be on the Versus Threads board (As opposed to being moved to F&G if a viable alternative is available.), & if possible, be valid to be added to profiles.

Just to make sure, the Striking Strength section list the tiers with class instead of level right? Because Promezwein have changed various profiles (below are some of them) from class to level so I want to confirm if that is fine or not.
@Expectro2000xxx

Please see our highlighted thread regarding this issue. You can find it via a popup message or our forum's front page.

(We have changed our striking strength naming standards.)

Also, big thanks to everybody who are helping out here.

I think that we should probably remove the following category, as it is too similar to a company category spanning characters from many different verses, which we do not allow.

The character pages in the Image Comics category need to get categories for their own verses that act as sub-categories for the Image Comics category instead.

Should the name of this very important category be changed to "Equipment" instead? It seems more accurate.

I think that we should probably remove the following category, as it is too similar to a company category spanning characters from many different verses, which we do not allow.

The character pages in the Image Comics category need to get categories for their own verses that act as sub-categories for the Image Comics category instead.

Should the name of this very important category be changed to "Equipment" instead? It seems more accurate.

Equipment is more of a generalization, it's seemingly more of a term for something that you can just use in battle, whether it hurts your opponent or not.
Like the Dials from One Piece, for example. Or a Jetpack. Weapons are usually used to be a detriment to your opponent while Equipment can have many uses.

That probably depends on what the purpose of the category itself is and how the category is being used. If the intent of the "Weapons" category is in line with what MonkeMan stated, then it's probably more appropriate to use "Equipment" as a category term instead. I guess it helps that the term is more broad than the term "weapons".

Equipment is more of a generalization, it's seemingly more of a term for something that you can just use in battle, whether it hurts your opponent or not.
Like the Dials from One Piece, for example. Or a Jetpack. Weapons are usually used to be a detriment to your opponent while Equipment can have many uses.
Yes, that is my intended point. A large part of the nonsentient items in our Weapons category are not actually weapons, and it would be much more convenient for indexing purposes to use something more inclusive.

That probably depends on what the purpose of the category itself is and how the category is being used. If the intent of the "Weapons" category is in line with what MonkeMan stated, then it's probably more appropriate to use "Equipment" as a category term instead. I guess it helps that the term is more broad than the term "weapons".
That is correct, yes.

@DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Andytrenom @Ultima_Reality @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz

Since the last case is a major change, we likely need some highly qualified input here.

It was just a planning glitch on the author's part. It doesn't make any coherent sense with a One Piece planet that is the size of several solar systems.

Is it possible to know more about what is specifically "not allowed" when it comes to handling categories or simply just situations similar to this one?

Last edited:
Is it possible to know more about what is specifically "not allowed" when it comes to handling categories or simply just situations similar to this one?
Well, for organisation purposes, company categories are over-categories for indexing verse pages and verse categories, not individual characters.

Well, for organisation purposes, company categories are over-categories for indexing verse pages and verse categories, not individual characters.
Oh, okay. If it's not allowed, then I agree with its removal. The "Villains" category does the job for that anyways, the Disney one is just more specific. Also, I think we should also be more transparent about the quoted text, though I don't know where or on what page that should be stated on.

A Versus Thread that I made. Part of the match conditions (at the time of my posting this here & now.) include this:
""Nen Crush" is restricted. (Knuckle cannot & will not cause Knuckles to lose as a result of exposure to Knuckle's aura's match-loss-causing Death Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, &/or Paralysis Inducement.) Other uses of Nen are stil allowed."

• It is not fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup, implicitly or expressly. Matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment. An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one, and is one the character can consciously restrict themselves from using. In this case, the match can be added. The match can also be added if Optional Equipments such as optional power-ups and items are restricted, or if the ability being restricted is indexed after a "Likely" or "Possibly" conditional.
Seemingly per Versus Thread Rules, @StrymULTRA argued that abilities that don't affect tier cannot be restricted.
My own response was: "I thought you could, it just meant that the match wouldn't be able to be added to profiles.".
Thus, StrymUltra proposed to me:
The thread should be moved to Fun & Games.

However, I wonder if some alternatives would be viable:
A. Can the match be fair with Nen unrestricted? Is it likely that an in-character Knuckle's Nen "Nen Crushes" someone? Does IDW Knuckles have anything analogous to Nen to not be as vulnerable to Nen Crush as a regular person? I know IDW Knuckles has Extrasensory Perception, at least.
B. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Versus_Thread_Rules
  • It is strongly suggested to detail the scenario of the battle, by giving details such as a location, the method of victory (e.g. KO, death), whether the combatants have preparation time, are blood-lusted or in character, which version of the characters are being used, and so on.
I could just specify the method of victory to be KO (Knock-Out), since, IIRC, "Nen Crush", causes Death, Paralysis, &/or Fear, but may not necessarily knock the victim out, right?

I'd like to know which options would be viable & reasonable options. I'd prefer to have the thread not be a "Nen Crush" stomp, be on the Versus Threads board (As opposed to being moved to F&G if a viable alternative is available.), & if possible, be valid to be added to profiles.
Apologies, but re-asking this.
Sorry if I'm behaving improperly.

After hearing Butler's thoughts on the matter, I'm fine with changing Weapons to Equipment.

The remaining two are harmless enough as well. I approve.

Thank you very much for the input help. 🙏 🎅

I will remove the Disney Villains category then.

Would any of our content moderators be willing to help with creating sub-verse categories for the Image Comics characters please?

I will wait for further staff input about renaming our Weapons category to Equipment, since it is a major change.

I handled it. Tell us here when you are done please.

However, what changes do you intend to do exactly, and were they approved anywhere first?

Back