• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

This is not a reason to close a CRT. Besides, look at his introduction.

Not like he refuses to accept that he copied, it's literally point of his OP

Yeah, just checked our Discussion Rules and while copy/pasting from other sites is recommended against, it's not against the rules. It's only disallowed if it's just a link to another site.

Hi, I'm looking to add references to this profile, additional information in the techniques section, and a tabber for abilities that require optional equipment (if possible) as it causes some confusion in vsdebates.

Here's the sandbox if someone wants to revise/port it over.
I transferred it, making certain revisions and fixes to the cosmetic change itself.

Also, I'd like to remind you that when creating links to other wikis within FANDOM, it is necessary to follow the established linking conventions here.

And another thing, due to time constraints, I am unable to address this issue at the moment. However, it seems that there may be redundant syntax present, such as "<ref name="Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 4 Part 14"></ref>". To simplify referencing the same source, it is recommended to utilize a self-closing reference tag instead, such as "<ref name="Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 4 Part 14"/>. This allows you to refer to it multiple times using the same identifier. Just make sure that the same identifier is declared once. If you're confused, you can refer to the introductory text in our References article for clarification.

You've done a wonderful job following the standards for where to place the reference tags correctly in relation to punctuation though.

Thanks Butler, you're da best!
Also, I'd like to remind you that when creating links to other wikis within FANDOM, it is necessary to follow the established linking conventions here.

Due to time constraints, I am unable to address this issue at the moment. However, it seems that there may be redundant syntax present, such as "<ref name="Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 4 Part 14"></ref>". To simplify referencing the same source, it is recommended to utilize a self-closing reference tag instead, such as "<ref name="Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 4 Part 14"/>. This allows you to refer to it multiple times using the same identifier. If you're confused, you can refer to the introductory text in our References article for clarification.
I see; I'll do that from here on out.

Oh and also grats on admin : D

ok check my sandbox to see if I understood it correctly. I also did some other trimming that removed 2,400 bytes
Yes, the changes seem alright. The reference tags look good.

Regarding the trimming, the focus when it comes to reducing redundant syntax is not on reducing the number of bytes. Instead, the main focus is to improve the readability of the editing process in source edit mode. I have seen people say that pages are hard to read or edit if there are many reference tags present, even with proper syntaxing. Imagine the pages with improperly syntaxed tags.

Ah, well I had wanted to do it for a while anyways as it's the format the Toaru FANDOM wiki uses. But if it's too unreadable, I can go back to the previous version.
It's fine. The syntax that I mentioned actually enhances readability. The issue is just that, regardless of how you syntax it, it will never not be hard to read, especially with BIG pages. So, all you can do is mitigate it by minimizing clutter.

Sonic, the game version.
This one?

Back