• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

So I looked at the Soul Manipulation page's gif and it's not exactly.... the best visual showcase. If I wasn't given an entire description, I wouldn't even know that was a soul being consumed.

I think this gif of Hades from God of War is a more direct visual representation.

That looks like a good example, if the gif file can be made large enough, yes.

I once suggested a Kratos gif, Ant rejected that, so I recommended that the MCU Hulk GIF be used instead. Much more crisp.

hulk-smash.gif
I think that the Hulk performs a much more extreme and visible transformation than the Saiyans.

I don't care, the Gif version expresses in a more straightforward and clear way what the ability consists of, a random person who doesn't know the comic usually finds an animated version more visually appealing.

Transformation Goku is the most popular character possible and Rage power is used a comic image in which I already explained my reasons why the Gif you suggested should be used.

Ofc we need staff approval in the changes.
Hmm. The problem is that Goku is visually very barely transforming his body.

Surprise surprise! 7.5 MB.

Well, I suppose that it works for rage power instead, especially if Banner's iconic "I am always angry" phrase can be subtitled into the animation or displayed via audio.

Last edited:
I made two new versions of the "Full Counter" gif. One which cuts out some redundant frames, and another which is a sped up version of the first. What do you guys think?

I think that the sped up version looks really good and useful for our purposes.
Would Deagonx's second Meliodas gif animation be acceptable for you?
I think that this is an excellent-looking example animation for our Attack Reflection page that looks better and is more easily understood than the currently used one in any case.

No problem at all. 🙏

I hope that it can be displayed at a larger size than the GoW attack reflection gif as well.
You uploaded the file in MP4 weirdly.

I think that this is an excellent-looking example animation for our Attack Reflection page that looks better and is more easily understood than the currently used one in any case.
I honestly disagree, given all the reasons I, Planck and Pariah have stated, but I digress.

Hmm. The problem is that Goku is visually very barely transforming his body.
Doesn't really matter in all honesty.

I think that the Hulk performs a much more extreme and visible transformation than the Saiyans.
First thing you see when you look up Transformation on the wiki is the power itself, and Goku's page.

Page itself says you don't need the entire body to transform, only parts of it. In which case, Goku would undeniably be far more popular.

Well, I suppose that it works for rage power instead, especially if Banner's iconic "I am always angry" phrase can be subtitled into the animation or displayed via audio.
That could work.

First thing you see when you look up Transformation on the wiki is the power itself, and Goku himself transforming.

Page itself says you don't need the entire body to transform, only parts of it. In which case, Goku would undeniably be far more popular
also, Goku has the Ozaru, so an extreme transformation is not a problem

You uploaded the file in MP4 weirdly.
Hmm. I just uploaded the file in the same format as it was displayed in Imgur. Would you be willing to update it to a GIF format instead please, @Deagonx ?
I honestly disagree, given all the reasons I, Planck and Pariah have stated, but I digress.
Well, the animation is larger, it is Meliodas' signature ability, and it is easily understood by our visitors, so I think that it is better.
Doesn't really matter in all honesty.

First thing you see when you look up Transformation on the wiki is the power itself, and Goku himself transforming.

Page itself says you don't need the entire body to transform, only parts of it. In which case, Goku would undeniably be far more popular.
Yes, but the idea of transformation itself is more somebody with a single or very limited transformations, similarly to a werewolf, not somebody who just gains glowy yellow hair.
That could work.
Would somebody here be willing to find a subtitled version of the Hulk's transformation scene please?

Well, the animation is larger, it is Meliodas' signature ability, and it is easily understood by our visitors, so I think that it is better.
Kratos' Attack Reflection is also one of his many signature abilities as Pariah has emphasized here, and he is way more popular than Meliodas. Hell, even his Norse version reflecting attacks back at enemies would be much more easily recognized by our visitors if you want that instead.

How big do you want the animation? 1067x600?

Yes, but the idea of transformation itself is more somebody with a single or very limited transformations, similarly to a werewolf, not somebody who just gains glowy yellow hair.
You have Goku's Oozaru or his Super Saiyan 4 Transformation, both of which radically alter their full appearance (SSJ4 effectively giving Goku more monkey-like features).

Here is an MP4 of Kratos' Golden Fleece ability on the wiki. 1280x720 and 1.28 MB.

Kratos' Attack Reflection is also one of his many signature abilities as Pariah has emphasized here, and he is way more popular than Meliodas. Hell, even his Norse version reflecting attacks back at enemies would be much more easily recognized by our visitors if you want that instead.

How big do you want the animation? 1067x600?
Well, 980px wide would be useful of course, but that is not realistic in terms of size, so 650px should be enough.

I still think that the one with Meliodas looks better in terms of viewers easily understanding what is going on though, and no I do not even like the character.
You have Goku's Oozaru or his Super Saiyan 4 Transformation, both of which radically alter their full appearance (SSJ4 effectively giving Goku more monkey-like features).
That would also work, yes.

Here is an MP4 of Kratos' Golden Fleece ability on the wiki. 1280x720 and 1.28 MB.

Thank you. I have added it. I still think that the one with Meliodas looks more striking though.

Would it be fine for other members here if I add it instead?

Well, 980px wide would be useful of course, but that is not realistic in terms of size, so 650px should be enough.
Best I could do was 612x334

I still think that the one with Meliodas looks better in terms of viewers easily understanding what is going on though,
Not really, Kratos is a lot more straightforward, if you want to use his Norse version for clarity we can do that too.

and no I do not even like the character.
Nobody asked if you liked Kratos or not tho, Ant, that's irrelevant to the GIF additions at hand. Also the world doesn't revolve around what you like and don't like. People like different things from you and us both.

Best I could do was 612x334
Okay. No problem.
Not really, Kratos is a lot more straightforward, if you want to use his Norse version for clarity we can do that too.

Well, Kratos looks larger there, so maybe that would be easier for visitors to view. I am not sure.
Nobody asked if you liked Kratos or not tho, Ant, that's irrelevant to the GIF additions at hand. Also the world doesn't revolve around what you like and don't like. People like different things from you and us both.
I was talking about Meliodas.

Okay. That is good then. Thank you for helping out. 🙏

All of you, which of the following three animations seems best to use as an illustration for our Attack Reflection page?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:God_Of_War_II-_The_Golden_Fleece_NO_SOUND.mp4

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:Meliodas_Attack_Reflection.mp4

I didn't have a strong preference, but since the Meliodas gif is now faster than before, I'm actually fine with leaning towards that one.

Thank you for your responses. It is appreciated. 🙏

Okay, now that I read it in a bit deeper, Ant, what exactly do you take our visitors for? Do you really view them as so dumb that Goku going Super Saiyan with a vicious yellow aura, yellow hair and gaining a massive power boost isn't transforming? And even if those are the only visual cues, so what? The page doesn't demand a full-on transformation anyway.

Last edited:
I did not say that. Please stop placing words into my mout. It just want everything as clearly illustrated as possible.

I didn't say you said that, I'm saying you're implying it from your argument. Yes, clear examples are needed but Goku is objectively the most iconic character for the power, even if his isn't a full body change (something we even point out isn't a necessity on the page proper) so it's asinine to assume that the average visitor won't know what's going on.

But I do apologise if I came off too harsh. It's just a rather frustrating back-and-forth.

Images for P&A pages should be blatant to the point they don't need context to explain a power, we're looking for something that illustrates them well to begin with, rather than a mere example.

Kratos doesn't appear to be a good example for these purposes as the amount of attacks taken isn't equal to the amount of attacks actually reflected, and I'd rather avoid potential misunderstandings of characters merely assimilating attacks then shooting a wave of energy from that as attack reflection.

Meliodas' case is quite better TBH, although I think we'd be better with a constant third person view for this power, especially with the lack of audio.

Back