• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
Credit to @OneBleachHurricane

Most of the Low 7-C characters have an "At most" rating because of Loki, who downscales from Iron Man. However, "At most" is mainly used for denoting the higher cap. This isn't the case with Loki, since he withstands the repulsor blasts without all that much harm.

Characters like Valkyrie should upscale to either "At least Low 7-C" or "Low 7-C+" (the difference is only 1.19814×), since she trades blows with, overpowers and then KOes him with one punch to the head. Not to forget the Guardians of the Galaxy, as per @RoTt35's scaling chain here:
Loki < The Other (Very powerful even in comparasion to Loki) < Cosmi-Rod (Casually one-shot The Other) < Amped Cosmi-Rod (Empowered by the Power Stone) > GotG (Were just briefly knocked down without any noticeable damage)

Due to how cross scaling works I wouldn't upscale anyone without a solid chain behind them first. So I'm not feeling Low 7-C+.

For the GotG I would scale them to Ronan's wave. None of them could actually stop him and not dying isn't a feat in of itself.

For the GotG I would scale them to Ronan's wave. None of them could actually stop him and not dying isn't a feat in of itself.
It was already accepted here, though
Due to how cross scaling works I wouldn't upscale anyone without a solid chain behind them first. So I'm not feeling Low 7-C+.
Do you at least agree with removing the "At most" ratings?

So which characters should have it removed and which shouldn't?
For one, I think Loki should have:

At Most Low 7-C AP & SS since he's able to hold his own against Valkyrie in CQC but didn't harm her that much, and mostly relies on his weapons in combat .

Whereas his Durability should have an "At Least" based on his feats (Thor, Avengers, Ragnarok) and a statement about his Durability.

Asgardian Scaling

Thor 1

Loki ~ Sif (Could Harm Loki with her strikes) ~ Frost Giants (Could overpower Sif & Einherjar) < Volstagg (Can kill Frost Giants barehanded) ~ Weakened Heimdall (Could easily kill two Frost Giants while weakened) < Regular Heimdall (Acknowledged by Loki to possess great power).

Frigga armed with a sword was able to kill a Frost Giant

The Dark World

Einherjar < Loki (Dispatched the Einherjar Odin sent to investigate Svartalfheim).

Einherjar < Malekith (Can easily kill multiple Einherjar) ~ Frigga (Could hold her own against Malekith)

Ragnarok

Loki < Valkyrie (Held the upper hand against Loki in their fight, and capable of knocking him out in one punch).

Skurge is a former Einherjar turned Bifrost observatory guardian.

Undead Einherjar are inferior to regular Einherjar as civilian Asgardians armed with weapons are able to hold their own against them.

Loki Series

Sacred Timeline Loki = L1130 Loki (Shown and treated by the TVA to be the same Loki as from the Sacred Timeline) ~ Sylvie (Shown to be comparable to Loki in their fight)

Sacred Timeline Loki = Classic Loki (Said that his life proceeded the same as Sacred Timeline Loki's life until Thanos' attack on the Statesman, where instead of trying to attack Thanos, he faked his own death)

I'm massively confused by the MCU scaling now, there's two Low 7-C feats iirc (one of them being a joint effort) and from what I can tell it's upscaling 8-A feats to Low 7-C then using Iron-man as the crux of scaling and Loki as the hook (for fighting Iron-man) and then hooking GotG characters to Loki via The Other before addtional cross-scaling (via Asgardians and other "space weirdos" ) and yup I'm getting a headache.

I mean a good example is Gamora, I clicked on the characters she scales to and all it did was take me through circular scaling with zero actual jurisdiction or calculation for her Low 7-C rating plus it doesn't help the verse page skips the Low 7-C tiering and reasoning in the Power of the verse section (even tho several characters are that tier now).

If this is an ongoing big update for the verse then nvm my concerns. I just want things to be sorted out ASAP before others pick up on the same problems I've highlighted.

I think only characters with a considerable scaling chain should be upscaled to Low 7-C+, to give a few examples:
  • Ronan: casually one-shot the Other, who is stated by WoG to be very powerful even in comparison to Loki. Easily overpowered Drax and no-sold several of his blows.
  • The Abilisk: easily overpowered Drax and Star-Lord. Was unaffected by multiple blasts and explosions from Rocket, Star-Lord and Gamora, and also by stabs from Drax. Was only killed due to a weak point.

addtional cross-scaling (via Asgardians and other "space weirdos" ) and yup I'm getting a headache.
What additional cross-scaling?

The two groups have different scaling chains.

The Asgardians & their enemies scale to Loki

The GotG, their allies, & their enemies scale to Loki via The Other & Ego (Ego's feat was recalced to Low 7-C the original calc wasn't updated)

GoTG

Loki < The Other (Stated to be more powerful than Loki) < Cosmi-Rod TK Blast (Killed The Other) < Power Stone Amped Cosmi-Rod TK Blast (Amped by the Power Stone) < GotG Durability (Were merely knocked back by the blast) < Base Ronan Physicals (Overpowered and beat up Drax)

GoTG 2

Ego ~ Guardians

Miscellaneous

Abilisk - overpowered Drax and too durable for the Guardians' weapons except for its weak spot

Drax ~ Korath - Both are able to trade blows with one another, with Drax coming out on top.

Gamora ~ Nebula - Both are able to trade blows with one another.

Yondu - able to harm Star-Lord with his punches and take hits from Ego.

Star-Lord, Rocket, and Groot don't have impressive showings of Striking Strength

There's also this additional supporting Low 7-C durability feat for Iron Man, though it seems pretty lowballed with the cross section method, considering it uses Tony's weight without armor. Not sure why the effects designer statement of standard armors being 600-800 pounds wasn't used for that.
Something something "inflates the affected area greatly". Better way would be to scan the actual armor itself to find its surface area but I don't have the tools or the models for that.

What additional cross-scaling?

The two groups have different scaling chains.

The Asgardians & their enemies scale to Loki

The GotG, their allies, & their enemies scale to Loki via The Other & Ego (Ego's feat was recalced to Low 7-C the original calc wasn't updated)

GoTG

Loki < The Other (Stated to be more powerful than Loki) < Cosmi-Rod TK Blast (Killed The Other) < Power Stone Amped Cosmi-Rod TK Blast (Amped by the Power Stone) < GotG Durability (Were merely knocked back by the blast) < Base Ronan Physicals (Overpowered and beat up Drax)

GoTG 2

Ego ~ Guardians

Miscellaneous

Abilisk - overpowered Drax and too durable for the Guardians' weapons except for its weak spot

Drax ~ Korath - Both are able to trade blows with one another, with Drax coming out on top.

Gamora ~ Nebula - Both are able to trade blows with one another.

Yondu - able to harm Star-Lord with his punches and take hits from Ego.

Star-Lord, Rocket, and Groot don't have impressive showings of Striking Strength
yup I'm getting a headache.
Thanks for proving my point also cool but that still doesn't fix the circular scaling on the pages.
The main Low 7-C feat being used for the powerscaling is this one. It's under Iron Man's durability section
The recalc is still 8-A, but it was a casual attack by Ego
There's also this additional supporting Low 7-C durability feat for Iron Man, though it seems pretty lowballed with the cross section method, considering it uses Tony's weight without armor. Not sure why the effects designer statement of standard armors being 600-800 pounds wasn't used for that.
Then all these feats should actually be linked on to the profiles no?

No they are clearly not my dude, no disrespect.

Dude... I am clearly well aware of Iron-man's and Ego's feats that's not the issue, the issue is it's extremely arbitrary to the find the jurisdictions of the scaling chain for characters that scale to them.
Did you check her Durability section which links to Loki who scales to Iron Man?

You said the problem was cross scaling, now it's circular scaling?
Yes, a simple "should have comparable AP to durability" would solve the entire scaling issues for the characters (plus the linked Low 7-C AP feats) instead of looping around profiles, ignoring the AP section and going through the durability section.

Also I literally mentioned cross-scaling and circular scaling in the same first reply I made on this CRT, nice strawman tho.

Yes, a simple "should have comparable AP to durability" would solve the entire scaling issues for the characters (plus the linked Low 7-C AP feats) instead of looping around profiles, ignoring the AP section and going through the durability section.

Her AP currently scales to Groot & Star-Lord for harming them, both also have their Durability scaling coming from Loki.

Her AP currently scales to Groot & Star-Lord for harming them, both also have their Durability scaling coming from Loki.
I'm well aware of this, the issue is (which tbf I likely didn't communicate well, so apologies if came across confrontational) is it doesn't do a go job explaining the scaling, like I mentioned the verse page "was" missing a section for the Low 7-Cs (which unless I'm suffering from a major case of the Mandela effect was only added very recently) and Low 7-C calcs (there's only one and that's for a character with his own scaling separate from the Avengers and GotG).

I just want the MCU scaling to look clear cut.

Regarding the GotG, imo everyone should lose their "At most" since they all can withstand blows from powerful foes like Ronan, the Abilisk and Ego, and they can also harm each other. Drax is considerably stronger than the rest of the guardians as he can easily overpower Gamora and Groot, as well as tank blows better, so I would say he should be "At least Low 7-C", and the same with Celestial Star-Lord and Ego. And for me the only ones that should be upscaled to Low 7-C+ are Ronan and the Abilisk for the reasons I already said above

Based on my comment above, the new tiers of the GotG and all the characters who scale from them would be (the scaling is already explained on the profiles):
"At most Low 7-C" to Low 7-C
To "At least Low 7-C"
To Low 7-C+
Thoughts?
This is good, though wouldn't Star-Lord T'Challa be "At least Low 7-C" via scaling to Korath?

Potential Asgardian Scaling

At Most Low 7-C

Skurge (Former Einherjar. Fought Beserkers)

Korg (Former Gladiator. Fought Beserkers)

Miek (Former Gladiator. Fought Beserkers)

Loki (LL130, Sylvie, and Classic) (Can kill Einherjar and fight Beserkers. Can hold their own against Valkyrie. Should have "Low 7-C" or "At Least Low 7-C" with their Durability because of Loki's Durability feats)

Low 7-C

Sif (Can harm Loki and threatened to kill him. Fought Frost Giants)

Malekith (Fought and easily killed Einherjar. Fought Frigga, who could kill Frost Giants)

Frost Giants (Stronger than Einherjar. Can fight and harm Sif)

At Least Low 7-C

Volstagg (Can kill Frost Giants barehanded, and threatened to kill Loki. AP/SS only)

Heimdall (Killed Frost Giants in a weakened state. Fought Berserkers. Acknowledged by Loki to possess great power)

Low 7-C+

Valkyrie (Held the upper hand against Loki in their fight and easily knocked him out in one punch after getting angry. Fought Beserkers)

Didn't seem like Star'Challa really harmed Korath, nor did it seem that Korath was really serious since he is a Star'Challa fanboy
Though he did fight a more or less serious Collector. But I think that still doesn't warrant Star'Challa having an "At Least" since against Korath, Korath wasn't serious, and the Collector had the upper hand against both Star'Challa and Yondu
Okay. I'll apply the edits and this can be closed

Okay. I'll apply the edits and this can be closed
gamora-thanos.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back