• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

Well, I am just saying that it appears like Kratos is burning. He is not instantly reflecting an attack like the Meliodas example.
....That's just the Fleece's innate aura. It always happens when he reflects attacks.

And I dunno about you but a quick 5 second gif with a recognizable character is better than a whole fight scene.

In terms of narrative Kratos appears to first begin to burn and then throw away the fire, whereas Meliodas simply reflects an attack in a straigthforward manner, and it is also his signature power, whereas it is not for Kratos.
It's one of his most iconic equipment pieces from the Greek saga. More people recognize him with it than otherwise in that trilogy, despite having it for for less than like a week in-verse.

Eh no, that's not how it works.

This isn't fire, this is merely the Golden Fleece's Golden Aura signifying that it has absorbed the energy (Alongside the obnoxious Fleece sound that it gives off on a successful parry), before which Kratos reflects it back at its attacker. Same thing happens when he reflects back Gorgon Petrification with it. If Kratos burned, the parry animation and sound would not happen, and Kratos would take damage instead.
I believe you, but to a casual viewer that is not what appears to happen. It looks like Kratos is burning and then throwing away that fire.
The Golden Fleece is one of Kratos' signature pieces of equipment throughout the events of God of War 2 and God of War 3.
Okay, but it isn't his inherent most defining ability, correct?

And I dunno about you but a quick 5 second gif with a recognizable character is better than a whole fight scene.
I supose that this is a valid point, yes. A briefer Meliodas animation would have been better.

I believe you, but to a casual viewer that is not what appears to happen. It looks like Kratos is burning and then throwing away that fire.
This just feels like underestimate the basic visual comprehension of readers.
Neither is Full Counter for Meliodas...

Honestly, if you veto this then whatever. I've clarified where I can.

I can guarantee you 100% that even a casual viewer will recognize this as Attack Reflection, you and Propellus are the only ones making up that claim when no one else has. Y'all are really underestimating what casual fans can and cannot discern.

I am not sure why that should honestly matter. What matters is the representation of the feat, does it not?

In terms of narrative Kratos appears to first begin to burn and then throw away the fire,
Wrong again. The fire burning you see is merely the Golden Fleece absorbing it with its own golden aura and prepping it to reflect it back at the shooter. It works on literally any kind of attack throughout the game, even Gorgon Petrification is not immune to this.

whereas Meliodas simply reflects an attack in a straigthforward manner, and it is also his signature power,
Planck already clarified that to not be the case.

whereas it is not for Kratos.
Kratos doesn't have one single defining signature move, he has multiple. The Golden Fleece happens to be one of them.

I can guarantee you 100% that even a casual viewer will recognize this as Attack Reflection, you and Propellus are the only ones making up that claim when no one else has. Y'all are really underestimating what casual fans can and cannot discern.
The point is just on the way how they perform it, I'm not saying that isn't Attack Reflection. And again, it just looks more that Kratos is absorbing the projectile before he reflected it. Meliodas on the other hand just slashed it back in an instant. Either way, I'm not really convinced until there is a better gif of Attack Reflection between the two.

The point is just on the way how they perform it, I'm not saying that isn't Attack Reflection. And again, it just looks more that Kratos is absorbing the projectile before he reflected it.
The Fleece can both absorb and reflect individually, or do both at the same time.

Meliodas on the other hand just slashed it back in an instant.
The Golden Fleece does that as well without needing to absorb.

Either way, I'm not really convinced until there is a better gif of Attack Reflection between the two.
I'll work on something. In the meantime, keeping Kratos as a user should do then. I'll contact you if I can find something.

tbf even if this is an argument, yes it is one of his more defining character traits of being able to do so. It's been a staple of the franchise, even the newer games with their new style.

Attack Reflection, Rage, Blades, Spears, all four of them are Kratos' most characteristic traits.

I am not sure if that qualifies. The beam seems to have been intended to bounce because of Krypto's invulnerability. That is not how energy beams really work as far as I am aware, but nevertheless.
This just feels like underestimate the basic visual comprehension of readers.

Neither is Full Counter for Meliodas...

Honestly, if you veto this then whatever. I've clarified where I can.
Well, I suppose that we can keep the Kratos gif if you wish then. I try to avoid vetoing things unless they are drastic overall wiki changes that I am very worried about for some reason.

I would prefer if somebody can find a version of the animation in question in larger size though. The currently displayed version is too small for my taste.

I am not sure if that qualifies. The beam seems to have been intended to bounce because of Krypto's invulnerability. That is not how energy beams work as far as I am aware, but nevertheless.
It wasn't because of his invulnerability, it was because of his "S" sign that reflected it

I would prefer if somebody can find a version of the animation in question in larger size though. The currently displayed version is too small for my taste.
How big do you need it to be? It might brush with the fandom size limit in GIF form but uploading the source video without Audio should neg that limitation.

Hmm. That is unfortunate.

Does anybody here have any suggestions?

Also, what is the maximum width that you can turn the gif animation to while staying within the size limits?

Hmm. That is unfortunate.

Does anybody here have any suggestions?

Also, what is the maximum width that you can turn the gif animation to while staying within the size limits?
How about this gif from the first Tron?
tumblr_ossaezWbFQ1qmob6ro1_500.gif

I made two new versions of the "Full Counter" gif. One which cuts out some redundant frames, and another which is a sped up version of the first. What do you guys think?

Back