• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

Zaratthustra said:
I finished D and Akashic Records, they can be closed, thanks for the help

Gonna rest for a week after this one, phew

I finished D and Akashic Records, they can be closed, thanks for the help

Gonna rest for a week after this one, phew
Locked them.

For Doomsday's page I wanted to add a few things, since it's locked.

His age, in his origin story it's revealed that he was born nearly 250000 years ago (and in his creation, went through over 2 million years in just a few decades). His original name was also "The Ultimate", and that should be added as well. Finally, I have a render for what he looked originally before given the clothes he's most well-known to have. I'd add a tabber where this render would be in "Origin" while the one we have now would be in "The Death of Superman".

I have unlocked the page for you. Tell me here when you are done.

Also, thank you for helping out, Zaratthustra.

No problem. I may be too easily stressed out and annoyed, but at least I work hard and mean well.

Can this thread be moved to the vs battle questions and answers section? I accidentally put this in the FC/OC spot

A few category questions.

We have:

Which one of these are we keeping? I've also noticed that a substantial number of users of "Blessed" don't have either category.

Also, the three characters listed of users of "Blessed" on this page... don't actually have Blessed in their ability sections from what I can tell.

I also think we need to remove these categories:

Is it alright for me to remove them?

I also think we need to remove these categories:

Yes to removing both of the above categories. The first one can probably be replaced with "Protagonists" or "Primary Protagonists" instead.
It is a vaguely defined category, so I am leaning towards that it can probably be removed.
I am not sure, but leaning towards that it may be somewhat useful to keep.
This is a sufficiently relevant category to keep around for real life species.
We have a page for this ability, so the category can be kept.

Okay, thanks for responding. I'll remove the ones that can be removed.

It looks like "Portal Users" is the more used category, so I'll update the pages with "Portal Creation Users" to have that instead.

Okay. That seems good to me. Thank you for helping out.

Well, the first one is obviously too generic to keep, but I am not sure about the other two.

"Negation Users" was deleted a couple years ago, so I doubt that those two more specific forms of Negation should be kept.
Okay. I will ask Promestein. She has traditionally been the one mainly responsible for keeping out categories organised.

@Promestein

What do you think about this?
There is however these categories:

Which should probably go.

If blog posts just have a category which is a character's name and that category isn't being used for anything else, case in point:

Is it fine for me to remove those categories?

I've got just less than 1000 categories to create/delete/remove/rename and I'd like to clarify this point before I dive into the bulk of the work.

Yes, that is fine of course, but please elaborate regarding the greater work that you intend to do. It isn't good if you mess up Promestein's previous organisation of the important/relevant/useful categories.

Yes, that is fine of course, but please elaborate regarding the greater work that you intend to do. It isn't good if you mess up Promestein's previous organisation of the important/relevant/useful categories.
There are "Wanted Categories" which are essentially pages that have categories but those particular categories haven't been "created" yet meaning they have no text, no categories themselves. Just dead-end categories leading nowhere.

Either they need to be created and given an appropriate category like "Characters by Verse" or "Characters by Power". Or they are outdated categories no one has replaced yet so they need to be renamed, like the above example of Blessed Users to Blessing Users.

Or they're just mispelled categories in which case they need to be fixed.

Sometimes they've categories that were deleted years ago but haven't had all the pages updated to remove it.

I'd also like to post a little reminder that I'm the one who implemented a large part of the organization of these types of categories in the first place in this thread and helped make it neater and more organized.

I've just noticed recently how many outdated/old/deleted categories there are and they need tidying up which I've made a start on over the past couple days.

Okay. That seems great to me. Thank you very much for helping out. It is very appreciated.
No problem.

Most of these look pretty simple; a lot of "Characters by Verse" categories that just haven't been categorized yet. I should be able to get through a large number of them by myself pretty soon.

Back