• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All Might fights an Army

For nobody. I was remembering that we have a profile for the Álvarez Empire's soldiers.

How is All Might supposed to fight over 2 million soldiers even if he slaps them individually.

the AOE of his air pressure blasts is pretty massive + his pretty massive AP advantage, means each punch would take out atleast a couple hundred and as this is his prime, he's not on a timelimit.

He's at a disadvantage against Large Groups, actually, as they somewhat scale to Fairy Tail members who scale 2x above All Might who's baseline.

Not to mention the shockwave isn't High 7-A in every cubic inch existent. The Force gets dispersed and absorbed by every body who take the attack, so while he could dispatch a lot of them, he wouldn't defeat as much as expected.

It's also not in-character to just spam range.

allmight has an atleast 416x AP advantage, he so much as breaths in their general dierection they'll die. even if the airforce is spread out it would still be way above the soldiers paygrade.

and all might has used ranged attacks and air force in almost every fight we've seen him in so it seems pretty in character to me.

I didn't deny that.

Dividing the difference between the minimum to one-shot AM would be able to defeat 55 soldiers with each shockwave. So he's not changing the fight too much.

lets assume he takes out 55 soldiers with each punch as you said above. thats 41818ish punches needed to take out 2300000 soldiers, as shown by his fight with nomu he can punch 300+ times in a few seconds to possibly a few minutes, this is his prime which should be faster so i'd guesstimate 400ish punches per minute, thats 41818 punches in 104.5 minutes, if he had the stamina he could do it in 1.7 hours. and due to the AP/dura diffrence they cant scratch him so he just has to worry about his stamina.

Assuming the soldiers won't dodge or attack from the sides. Speed is equalized, they can do the same.

true. but they cant even scratch him due to the massive AP/dura diffrence, and dodging something with an AOE that big wouldnt be easy plus their fellow soldiers would probably get in the way to some degree, making dodging even harder.

why wouldnt it be large enough? its 2.3 million people squeezed into cetral park, there would probably be barely enough room to move, let alone dodge a shockwave due to the fact that they'd be packed tighter than sardines.

in a large group with concetrated fire mabye they could hurt him, but if he stays on the ground theres a good chance they'd hit eachother, (especially since central park is pretty flat.) they'd never really have a good opportunity to have a large group concentrate fire without hitting their own. besides as you pointed out speed is equal so dodging is possible, but its even more possible for allmight due to his pseudo flight and acrobatics.

The fact that they are around Central Park (because SBA puts the distance at 4km) already gives a lot of space for lots of soldiers to survive. The shockwaves would get dispersed more easily and would lose a lot of power through all the trees and obstacles.

You still have to provide evidence of AM range spawning and kiting in-character.

lets assume each person occupies 1 square foot of space thats 2.3 million square feet or 435.6 square miles or 701.03 square km, i don't think they'd fit into 4km.

watch basically any allmight fight, he uses air pressure quite a lot actually especially against weaker foes (bakugo and midorya, the mini bombers, the sludge villain, etc.). he doesnt kite and i never said he would.

They wouldn't. They start at 4km and onward, not inside the perimeter. They basically surround Central Park in every direction with All Might being in the center of a 4km radius circle.

The sludge villain got obliterated with one hit. Deku and KEM were yeeted but not defeated, two Tier 8-Cs, then he close distances and engaged them in CQC.

Range and pseudo-flight is useful if you're willing to use them. All Might is a brawler. He would have no problem dealing with the soldiers 1v1, but numbers are a problem and he'd eventually be overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

in the beginning of the two heroes movie (during the flashback of him in america as young allmight, i think it was the beginning but i might be wrong.) he used air pressure a lot to counter the missiles and whatnot. and i assume that took place during his prime so it should work as a good example of how he fought in his prime (the version being used here.).

The Calaca said:
For nobody. I was remembering that we have a profile for the Álvarez Empire's soldiers.
How is All Might supposed to fight over 2 million soldiers even if he slaps them individually.
Oops, my bad, i didn't realize you meant THAT.

im pretty sure he used it on the villains to but i'd have to rewatch it to be sure. that aside 2.3 million people is a little insane, mabye he could do it if he had help or if there were multiple of him or if their numbers were lower but with the numbers as they are they would probably endup being to much for allmight

Odd. One would think the army would have things like the fleet of airships.

Regardless, a dozen hitting Natsu was already enough to harm him. All Might is getting massacred here. An army of millions of guys comparable to his weakened self? This ain't ending well for him ..... now we need weakened All Might vs one of these guys.

allmight would probably win due to versitility, experience, slightly higher AP/dura and a massive lifting strength advantage not to mention his range advantage.

AnonymousBlank said:
Odd. One would think the army would have things like the fleet of airships.
Regardless, a dozen hitting Natsu was already enough to harm him. All Might is getting massacred here. An army of millions of guys comparable to his weakened self? This ain't ending well for him ..... now we need weakened All Might vs one of these guys.
Their AP is a bit lower on the power scale than his weakned self. Anyways, should be noted that it won't be every single soldier in the army attacking him at the same time. They still have size and mass so i imagine a dozen could attack him at melee range whereas others will have to attack from afar using magic. And if they aren't careful on the Danmaku they will start killing themselves in the process

Um ... they are one side, he is on the other. Danmaku aint touching them and a dozen or two was all that was needed to stop Natsu in his tracks. Him even trying to come close will have a wall of magic immediately in his face which will quickly put him down.

they are surronding him, if they miss allmight there's a good chance they'll hit allies especially with a group this massive.

AnonymousBlank said:
Um ... they are one side, he is on the other. Danmaku aint touching them and a dozen or two was all that was needed to stop Natsu in his tracks. Him even trying to come close will have a wall of magic immediately in his face which will quickly put him down.
Yes, they are on All Might's opposite side. But they still have soldiers behind each other.

Here. Have this example image i made on paint showing how the soldiers who are behind the first one's lines would end up hitting their allies their magic if they started firing it without being on the front. This wouldn't apply for the soldiers who are on the front lines, but still. (All Might is the red circle, soldiers are the black ones and the green lines are their magic attacks LOF)

also i dont remember the soldiers ever damaging natsu, they hit him, but i dont think it did any actual damage. and if it did it could have been PIS.

@Bot

Yes but there are hundreds to thousands of guys facing him down on the first 1-3 lines alone. I get the point you are trying to make but these guys aren't raving lunatics who shoot each other in the back lol

@Bob

Maybe but they have a feat for stopping Natsu in his tracks and both FT and Alvarez consider them threats to guys like Team Natsu despite being hilariously weaker. This is consistent with every time someone fights an army in FT with them being overwhelmed by the sheer volume as a real possibility despite the fact they should no sell them.

yes because in FT there was 1 billion of them (about 434x how many are in this fight.), also no one comparable to natsu was overwhelmed by them nor was natsu himself.

There was a million when Natsu attacked Zeref and he only fought a few thousand of them at best.

Uh .... Ch 463: Black Carpet, he blitzkriegs and then has Happy set him down where he dodges a few until they concentrate fire on him and he gets overpowered and harmed before nuking the guys hitting him with a roar. Zeref then calls off the attack and has the army retreat.

a million, i was only one letter off.

he wasnt overpowered, he got hit a bunch and knocked around a little, but he didnt take any actual damage, then he got rid of nearly 1000 using a roar.

Back