• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah, but as discussed for HxH characters like Pitou battling Mercer in the top strongest non-smurf threads, the result is that she ends up getting stomped by him anyways.

The Death Manipulation can be resisted by Mercer's Type 7 Immortality. However, I heard that the mechanics of the Death Manipulation ability works by crushing the heart, so it's not even going to be effective against Regenerationn the level of Mercer anyways.

Madness Manipulation Type 3 would only reduce Mercer into his base instincts to infect everything like what happened to the Runners in Prototype 1 when driven to insanity, so it wouldn't put him out of the fight and would just make him more willing to infect as an insane infected if anything, so Mercer would throw gasses at Hisoka by that point.

Fear Manipulation looks like it could be resisted by Mercer's resistance to Mind Manipulation, amongst other ways.

I doubt the "Nen Crushing" would work here, so Hisoka would get stomped from what I can see.

SpookyShadow said:
If he has Mindhax resistance in this key then Nen Crush doesn't work
He has Mindhax resistance in all of his keys. Literally the only thing different for his other keys is the changes in AP, Lifting Strength and maybe Speed (though this key doesn't lead with gassing), that's it.

Fear manipulation is subcategory of empathic manipulation. Empathic manipulation is subcategory of mind manipulation.

Eganergo said:
Fear manip =/= mind manip. Mercer does not resist that in addition to paralysis.
Fear Manipulation:

"On the basis of their nature, Fear Manipulation is divided into the following subtypes:

Biochemical: Characters possessing this type of fear manipulation use either biological, chemical or biochemical methods to affect their opponents. It can be resisted by many methods, including Resistance to Biological Manipulation, adequate equipment or Inorganic Physiology Neurological: Characters possessing this type of Fear Manipulation use Mind Manipulation and other related powers to directly influence the opponent into being afraid. It can be resisted with sufficient Resistance to Mind Manipulation Mystical: Characters possessing this type of Fear Manipulation use Magic and other inexplainable phenomena to exploit their opponents' fears. It can be resisted using Resistance to Magic"

Mercer has resistance to both Mind Manipulation and Biological Manipulation, so that's two types of Fear Manipulation resisted. I don't recall Magic being used for Fear Manipulation, so I think Mercer should resist handily.

Yeah but Mercer resist a different kind of mind manip. Does not mean he will resist every mind manip and it variations across all fiction.

Uh, that's exactly how we treat mindhax resistance in this site, especially with Verse Equalisation in effect. We don't estimate mindhax potency by the type/origin of Mind Manipulation resisted, just the sheer amount of minds affected, and Mercer resisted a pretty decently powerful mindhax.

No. At the time they met Zushi and some average Nen users. Hisoka is laughably stronger than them, he's a high tier Nen user who was intending to show them his bloodlust.

Eganergo said:
Ok, how potent? Hisoka terrified Go and Killua Zoldyck who can resist a lot of other nen user aura.

What about paralysis?
He can resist mindhax that can affect millions of minds, which is the amount Elizabeth Greene was estimated to able to affect through the infected. And there's also when he led the Hivemine later in Prototype 2, where he can similarly affect millions of minds of the infected (his hax and resistances should apply to all of his keys, it's just his physical statistics that's different).

Assuming it somehow works, Paralysis wouldn't kill him as it'll do nothing but annoy Mercer, probably to the point of unleashes gases in the area around him and infect Hisoka if he gets frustrated enough of not being able to physically move. Though Mercer's Shapeshifting and great genetic/molecular control over his body can probably just shake off the paralysis via manipulation of motor control anyways though.

I guess Mercer wins/stomps then since incap no longer an option.

Wait, how far and fast the gases go? Hisoka can just dodge. I dunno about resisting paral since it is not on the profile.

Eganergo said:
Not yet, i edited my comment above.
The gasses covered the entire Penn Station pretty much the instant it got released, and I think it was estimated that the gasses can cover around 200 meters via encompassing Penn Station.

He doesn't have resistance in this case, but he has Shapeshifting and self Body Control... And they should include manipulation of motor control as well.

The Limited Death Manipulation isn't through the madness or fear. It's through straining against the nen barrier without a nen barrier of your own. However I think this is a stomp because of the immortalities.

Eganergo said:
Fear manip =/= mind manip. Mercer does not resist that in addition to paralysis.
I will never understand where this argument comes from

Like, who legit thinks that forcing the mind to feal fear makes it different from standard mind manipulation when that's a such a basic application of it.

EmperorRorepme said:
The Limited Death Manipulation isn't through the madness or fear. It's through straining against the nen barrier without a nen barrier of your own. However I think this is a stomp because of the immortalities.
I heard the death manip causes the heart to stop beating....

Really? I only ask because the last time I discussed hxh v prototype I was told it caused heart failure, when did that change? As you said it doesn't really matter due to the immoralities just wondering.

So, it just causes instant death without any explicit mechanics or any traces of injuries, like the Killing Curse from Harry Potter?

Back