• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alcoholic Genius vs High School Genius

Arcker123

He/Him
2 Threads in a day yeah, but i really liked this match

That said, i really don't know if this is fair

Rick Sanchez vs Medaka Kurokami

Speed =

Rick has optional equipment

Post Phoenix Project Rick

Base Medaka

Both are IC (Willing to change to make more fair)

Both have no knowledge (Again, willing to change)

SBA otherwise

5985641-rick_sanchez.png
latest

Wub a lub dub dub: Agnaa

All Fiction:

Incon:

Last edited:
From the looks of it, I don't see Medaka using her powers to mess with Rick's means of resurrection before the latter may die some times, get a read on her from afar and then stop her in time, possess her or nuke her timeline.

From the looks of it, I don't see Medaka using her powers to mess with Rick's means of resurrection before the latter may die some times, get a read on her from afar and then stop her in time, possess her or nuke her timeline.
Will this bypass her ressurection?

Can't Medaka's "The End" deal with Rick's intelligence?

That's Bookmaker. It should be able to if she uses it.

conceptual manipulation gg rick is dead

What does she do with it, can it kill him on a 2-A scale?

MB's conceptual manipulation comes from All Fiction erasing colour, and from a statement that it could erase the concept of time. None of it's on a 2-A scale or could be reasonably argued to nuke Rick.

This does seem a bit plausible actually. Medaka often lets her opponent get the first hit, but if she so much as blows in Rick's direction he'd die, and she'd likely do that before she gets to her incap hax.

However, Rick can't just "nuke timelines". He can create them and merge them, he can't just travel to another timeline and nuke the original one. He can eventually nuke universes, but Medaka could resurrect from that, although it's hard to tell what'd happen from there (if she'd be able to bring the planet back, if she'd be able to do anything in space, if she'd be able to travel to another timeline).

The profiles a bit unclear, but does Rick's possession even work on beings that aren't other Ricks?

Also, given the stuff we've seen from Rick, idk how in-character that series of events would be for him. He doesn't just timestop and kill everyone even when that would be easier; he doesn't like using it. And if we were assuming hypercompetence, Medaka would easily win.

Can either kill each other is the question?

I'd lean towards no, but I'm not sure how Rick's resurrection would interact with EE. Doesn't it require his consciousness to be sent off to another cloning machine? If he's EE'd that wouldn't be able to happen. So if this can get around it, Medaka would be able to kill. And Medaka doesn't have self-sustenance, so she might be able to be killed if the planet's blown up.

But still, even if they can't kill each other, they both have a wealth of ways to incap. Rick can BFR, mind erase, and freeze. Medaka can body puppetry, mind manip, disease manip, book maker, and decrease intelligence.

The profiles a bit unclear, but does Rick's possession even work on beings that aren't other Ricks?
Yes. That's my bad, ig I added that as it was the most notable thing he did w/ the power, but he first used it on some aliens.
Also, given the stuff we've seen from Rick, idk how in-character that series of events would be for him. He doesn't just timestop and kill everyone even when that would be easier; he doesn't like using it. And if we were assuming hypercompetence, Medaka would easily win.
Well, one could argue the extent of the complexity for the things he does varies on how much easy he believes what he's doing is and how much effort he believes he needs to put into doing what he wants to do. Most of the time he's amuzing himself and when he gets in trouble is because he underestimated the situation or something about it new took him by surprise, but has made inhumanly elaborated plans for incredibly petty reasons. Added to it, I could think of a number of characters whom the idea of "I'm fighting against some weird person that seems to be able to do anything and is very powerful" would be an alien thought to properly make up mid-fight and to prepare themselves to work against, but Rick taunts and deconstructs tropes like it for fun and puts himself as superior to whatever bs others try to make him part of/apply at him like he was a normal person, and he has time to think as every death will make him be naked in another universe and force him to regain his tech and maybe a human body if he isn't in one.

So, again, he's gonna die some times, research her from universes again as he's not winning, figure some super vague idea of what he's fighting against, and not even make a very complex plan, but use more cheap options to win, likely aiming to not give himself no other humiliating defeat rather than throwing something at random at her to see if it works and risking other lost+risking losing the ability to attack from afar if he does so if he feels she may be able to do something about it.
I'd lean towards no, but I'm not sure how Rick's resurrection would interact with EE. Doesn't it require his consciousness to be sent off to another cloning machine? If he's EE'd that wouldn't be able to happen. So if this can get around it, Medaka would be able to kill. And Medaka doesn't have self-sustenance, so she might be able to be killed if the planet's blown up.
The machines clone Rick after he dies, and that's sadly all we know. So his consciousness is gone due to him being dead, and the machines create a new consciousness, body, and logically a soul. We could assume "the machines know how to copy Rick from analyzing what's left of his body after he dies", but we could also assume "they were analyzing Rick before/knew Rick before and when he stopped living they kick in to clone him". The latter take means EE doesn't kill him, the former means EE kills him, but that one seems like a headcanon as the phoenix project was meant to make the Rick who owns it immortal, and other Ricks were surprised our Rick was cloned in their machines. So it seems like they just know how to clone Rick because "lol reasons", w/o analyzing him from across universes away because they don't have that function. Our Rick also had unrelated plans to revive himself with some extractions of his body with help from Morty, but again the machines from other Ricks somehow don't need that.

Don't they keep the memories of Rick up until his death? I feel like that sorta requires some transfer of that at the time of death, but I don't remember how implied that is in the show.

But still, it does seem more likely that Rick would pull out something that wins before Medaka does, although not by far. 70/30 or so in Rick's favor imo, so that's where my vote goes.

I don't remember that. But if they do, they constantly do so and EE makes the machines notice Rick's not there anymore, cloning him from the info they had before the EE. If they don't do so constantly then that wouldn't fit on how quickly Rick got revived the times he did on that episode.

Fair enough.

Back