• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alakazam vs Lille Barro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in inputting in this thread, but before I input, I am a bit confused about something. Lille Barro's profile says:

"Effortless penetration with The X-Axis (It's an instantaneous effect. Nothing is crossed nor nothing moves, and it can't be dodge. Even while using Illusions to evade it, Shunsui was still hit in the foot.)"

"The X-Axis (õ©çþë®Þ▓½ÚÇÜ (Òé©Òâ╗ÒéñÒé»ÒéÁÒé»ÒéÀÒé╣), Ji Ikusakushisu; Japanese for "Piercing Everything"): Lille's rifle can pierce anything he fires at with perfect accuracy. When Lille fires, the rifle does not release a bullet; rather, it simply pierces everything between the muzzle and the target, leaving its power unable to be blocked by any barriers as a result."

If his rifle pierces everything between the muzzle and the target, why does an illusion's use matter? Presumably, the illusion's mention is meant to convey that even though he aimed at a fake target, his shot still hit. Which would suggest he hit despite aiming wrong.

So doesn't this mean that Lille could lay down on the ground, looking up at the night sky, stick his rifle up his nose, thinking about his target hiding on the dark side of the moon, fire, and still hit them?

Or in other words, that, simply put, his aim doesn't matter, & if his target were, say, between his rifle's muzzle and his own pectorals, with him holding the rifle roughly level to the target, yet his rifle was facing ahead of him, & not towards the target between him & his chest, the shot would travel through his own rifle? Would it pierce him? Pierce his own rifle itself? Stop at the target?

After doing some thinking & chatting, I'm going to provide some input while I await answers about how The X-Axis interacts with aiming.

Anyway, this match isn't so one-sided as I think some people -my former self included- may have thought. The first issue for Alakazam is Lille's durability:

Low-High: The ability to regenerate from a very small piece of your body, such as a puddle or drop of blood, or even something as small as a single cell.

Alakazam is a psychic type, but a lot of its offenses are telekinetic. Even the move Psychic's Japanese name translates to "Psychokinesis" & is described as a telekinetic attack. Likewise, Confusion is one, too. Alakazam's presence does cause headaches, though.

Sure, it's an At Least 6-C vs a 7-A (With Mountain Level+ AP & Durability), but 7-A's High End to Low End ratio is only 10 times, then comes High 7-A, THEN 6-C.

So let's suppose Lille is max 7-A, & Mega Alakazam is Minimum 6-C (Despite being At Least 6-C.). In that case, Mega Alakazam is At Least 4.3x stronger.

If Lille's only about upper average 7-A (Let's say upper 50% for simplicity, because I'm bad at math.), then the 4.3 high-end to low-end difference of the High 7-A tier between him & Minimum 6-C becomes about 21.5x, if my math is right.

But since we know Mega Alakazam is At Least 6-C. the difference is considerably higher. Even if MA is only FIVE times is strong as regular Alakazam, that'd still amount to being over ONE-HUNDRED times as strong as Lille.

But can it actually kill him for a victory in spite of Lille's Low-High Regenerationn? It would likely know to do so for reasons to be detailed later in this post.

The second issue for Alakazam is its own durability. From the section of its durability statistic that corresponds to Mega Alakazam:

| Unknow normally (All of the strength in his muscles was turned in to psychic energy). At least Island level with psychic powers that are always active (Which aren't bypassed by Feint and the like)

When I say Mega Alakazam is weak, physically, without its psychic powers, I mean it is WEAK; Alakazam has LITTLE physical strength but tons of psychic power. Mega Alakazam has EVEN MORE psychic power, but NO physical strength. Quoting some Pokedex entries:

Emerald
While it has strong psychic abilities and high intelligence, an Alakazam's muscles are very weak. It uses psychic power to move its body.
Omega Ruby Alakazam's brain continually grows, making its head far too heavy to support with its neck. This Pokémon holds its head up using its psychokinetic power instead.

Alakazam is so weak it uses psychic power to move around & can't even hold up its own head -admittedly, its brain never stops growing, so it has good reason to be heavy- & it doesn't even have that physical strength as a Mega.

This matters because of Lille's ability.

The X-Axis (õ©çþë®Þ▓½ÚÇÜ (Òé©Òâ╗ÒéñÒé»ÒéÁÒé»ÒéÀÒé╣), Ji Ikusakushisu; Japanese for "Piercing Everything"): Lille's rifle can pierce anything he fires at with perfect accuracy. When Lille fires, the rifle does not release a bullet; rather, it simply pierces everything between the muzzle and the target, leaving its power unable to be blocked by any barriers as a result.

Meaning Mega Alakazam is gonna get its usual psychic protection ignored & probably get some hurt if & when Lille shoots him with it. And since he starts in Jilliel, he's probably gonna be using that.

But that doesn't mean I think it's screwed. Far from it. Even if Alakazam does get shot, it may be able to heal with Recover. Even if its durability is ignored, it still has its psychic abilities & a Stamina rating of High. But more importantly....

Precognition (Can foresee all incoming attacks. A glance at someone gives it knowledge of the course of that person's life, from birth to death.)

Mega Alakazam looks at Lille, & probably gets a good idea about his abilities... which likely includes info about Lillie's powers. Besides this, it can still just read his mind.

There's also Mega Alakazam being able to copy Lille's ability via Trace &/or Role Play. Assuming this copies Lille's intangibility, it makes it questionable if Lille will even be able to hit MA.

If it copies The X-Axis, Lillie's suddenly facing a higher tier opponent who's smarter than him with his durability negating shots & a lot more. And for what its worth, Mega Alakazam's base's PREVIOUS form Kadabra has this:

HeartGold It possesses strong spiritual power. The more danger it faces, the stronger its psychic power.
So there's a good chance The X-Axis in the hands of Mega Alakazam is terrifyingly powerful.

But let's suppose it doesn't copy either of those & gets shot.... In that case, Mega Alakazam has ANOTHER trick: Disable: Alakazam nullifies the use of the attack last used by the opponent.

If that ends up disabling Lille's X-Axis & Alakazam heals it off, what does he do now?

I don't even know if Trick will work -since the wings fire when Lille is Jilliel, apparently- nor if X-Axis being aim-dodgeable matters here.

In theory, since X-Axis pierces whatever's between the muzzle and the target, & being aim-dodgeable suggests there's time between aiming & firing -especially easy to determine if you're a 5000 IQ mind reader- Alakazam may be able to use teleportation to put Lille between his shot's starting point & his target, causing him to hit himself with his own durability negating attacks.

That's not even getting into how Telekinetically restraining Lille or redirecting his gun might mess with things. Or that Lille will have a headache just for being near Alakazam, which might make puppeting himself & just fighting in general a little harder. Or the possible Confusion status to inflict onto Lille, which could make him repeatedly hit himself more.

But I don't think the matter of aim matters that much when Alakazam knows Lille's life story from a glance, is smart enough to prepare a good counterplan ASAP -it calculates many things in battles, remembers everything, & outperforms supercomputers- will be reading his mind, likely copied his intangibility &/or X-Axis via Trace &/or Role Play, Disabled X-Axis, can Heal with Recover, & is well over 4.3x stronger than Lillie.

And it has a myriad of ways to amp its psychic power, like just closing its eyes.

Oh and the precognition. A glance gives it the course of your life from birth to DEATH, its pre-evolution Abra forseeing its attacks, MA foresees an opponent's every move, & it can actually use Future Sight.

Mega Alakazam's primary challenges here are:

1. Surviving long enough to use Disable to nullify The X-Axis, or Role Play to copy Lille's Intangibility. (Given the precognition, mind reading, & knowing Lille's life from birth to death, these will be the first moves.)(And this is without even knowing if it'll work to Telekinesis to re-aim the gun/wings, Teleporting to get Lille in the range of fire, or Trick to swap them with spoons/Twisted Spoon or rocks or something.)

2. Killing someone with Low-High Regenerationn.

After it gets around The X-Axis, it just has to heal with Recover or the passive Life Force, assault Lille, & maybe stat amp if necessary, then kill.

Voting Mega Alakazam.

@Frantzy12: From what I've read, isn't The X-Axis just intangible?

Also, Mega Alakazam knows a person's life from birth until death just with a glance. Presumably, if it knows the 'course of their life until they die, then it's definitely possible for it to foresee things that don't exist yet. Ex: The target might have children in the future, but for the present, they won't exist for another few years. But MA would still have foreseen it because it's a part of the target's life.

Incidentally, what is Alakazam's mindhax, other than headache inducement & inflicting Confusion status? Kinesis?

Confusion's Japanese name translates to "Mindpower" & both it & Psychic (the move) are described as Telekinetic attacks.

(Also, like KinkiestSins said, & as I went over earlier, MA has better AP. Even being generous to Lille, MA is still over 4.3x stronger.)

If all he can do is confusion and headaches how does this guarantee him a win? Lille starts intangible in this battle, and I'm not seeing how Alakazam can even kill Lille or even hurt him since a reality warping bankai was the only thing to bypass his intangibility and a sword that reflected his X-Axis back to him.

As for AP, it's not really relevant since Lille is the X-Axis itself and his attacks bypass durability.

@Frantzy12: Well, it is assumes that Alakazam isn't able to copy &/or disable Lille's intangibility/The X-Axis via Trace, Role Play (active means of copying) or Disable. And I'd assume it can copy intangible abilities, since Trace can copy things like having good luck, having a cursed body, being able to absorb elements, & a lot of other weird stuff.

Even if it can't, Alakazam has Miracle Eye. Quoting our own page for Alakazam:

• Miracle Eye: Alakazam stares at the opponent, which forces the next move of Alakazam's to hit and makes the opponent no longer immune to Alakazam's psychic moves.

Literally any move Lille does would kill the poor creature.

His Nature As a sniper means his first move is to headshot.

The diversity of alakazam's arsenal would be the death of him as it won't really be clear of what he does in character but Lille's killer instinct is clear as day

Lille headshots before alakazam does anything

I will retract my vote to inconclusive since X-Axis is intangible.

Basically they both one shot.

One with a one shot and the other with mind hax and ap.

You're assuming Lille headshots before a hyper-intelligent, precognitive mind reader -meaning it would know Lille plans to shoot before he does- known to think faster than a supercomputer, & which is known to calculate many things in battle & is described as "It is highly intelligent and capable of instantly identifying its foe's weakness.", can react in a speed equalized match? One with a passive ability to copy abilities -which may include Lille's intangibility- as soon as the battle starts?

"The diversity of alakazam's arsenal would be the death of him as it won't really be clear of what he does in character but Lille's killer instinct is clear as day"

Do you mean to say that because you're unsure of what Alakazam will do, it won't be sure what it will do?

While alakazam is busy grinding and racking up his brains and formulating a strategy

Lille already binded him and Pierced it's skull.

Simple as that.

It doesn't matter how fast Alakazam can think, once Lille shoots it's an instant attack that you can't do anything against.

What does Alakazam normally start with?

What does the creature start with?

The way i see it his diversity in his arsenal is not really lethal.

And lille has a much more bigger killer instinct and blood thirst in fights.

Alakazam has no time to stand by and think of a strategy and buffs

The X-Axis wont wait for him.The second lille scopes his head,The second its gonna hit

NeoZex6399 said:
Any pokémon is able to hit and hurt literal ghosts.
I don't think intangibility is a factor here.
Lille's intangibility dosent work that way.

It took a reality warping attack just to harm the guy

Just cause they can harm a character with a type of intangibility dosen't mean they can harm anybody else who has a diffrerent one.

Lille ain't even a ghost.

Apologies, but which ability on Lille's current profile is his binding ability?

I don't think it would need that much time to rack its brains when it canonically has an IQ of 5000 & thinks faster than a supercomputer. And again, Mega Alakazam knows what Lille will do before he does it and his means of power copying/disabling.

"Its hidden psychic power has been unleashed. A glance at someone gives it knowledge of the course of that person's life, from birth to death."

"It sends out psychic power from the red organ on its forehead to foresee its opponents' every move."
And if you want to argue about one-shotting, Mega Alakazam one-shots via mind hax &/or Miracle Eye+any psychic attack. (Psychically assaulting an opponent's mind. Or whatever KinkiestSins & Cal meant by mindhax.)

As for first move, I wouldn't be sure on that, but given its senses, I would assume something it thinks is effective. There is this: "It does not like physical attacks very much. Instead, it freely uses extra-sensory powers to defeat foes."

"The X-Axis wont wait for him.The second lille scopes his head,The second its gonna hit"?

And if Alakazam, reading Lille's mind, sensing danger, & seeing the future, while its mere presence hinders his focus with headache chooses to stay out of Lille's focus?

This also assumes Lille CAN one-shot Mega Alakazam. Besides the tier difference, if we're going by current profile versions, MA's durability states:

"Unknow normally (All of the strength in his muscles was turned in to psychic energy). At least Island level with psychic powers that are always active (Which aren't bypassed by Feint and the like)"

Feint is a move that specifically bypasses & nullifies attack-negating moves like Protect & Detect. If Mega Alakazam's psychic defenses aren't bypassed even specifically by protection-bypassing moves, why would a lower tier character's attack be able to?

And if it does survive, it has Disable, & can passively & actively heal.

And again, how do we know MA's passive Trace that occurs when the battle starts won't copy the X-Axis -since Trace can copy abilities with no physicality- & simply kill Lille with higher AP? It will know he plans to do the same.

Here is lille Rendering shunsui immobile and blitzing him immediately the second he figured out he was binded.

it still takes time for Alakazam to process and think his strategy.Meanwhile lille already has a go-to move and would kill immediately go for the kill.That's the difference

Even if its only a while,Lille would have already headshotted him since the x-axis would take less time to hit alakazam than alakazan thinking of a plan

Alakazam wont have time to read lille's mind and I really cant take your word for what his go-to move is cause all of it is just assumption

Can you show feats of alakazam's intelligence? What does an IQ of 5000+ looks like when its in action.

@Yomi.

You're underestimating Alakazam's, especially Mega Alakazam's, intellect. The second the match starts, Alakazam knows everything Lille will do. And even without that, Alakazam outperforms supercomputers on the daily. He doesn't need to take time to think up strategies, especially when he pretty much has Gilgamesh's SNI.

"Alakazam wont have time to read lille's mind ". IIRC, Alakazam's mind reading is passive; It's FIRST STAGE, Abra, reads minds constantly IN ITS SLEEP, on a regular basis & senses danger to evade attacks. Mega Alakazam should have those abilities and far better, as its a much better psychic & is stated to remember everything it learns.

How do we know the time Alakazam spends thinking is longer than how long Lille spends aiming? Especially if there's reason to believe it knows deadly attacks are coming? How do we know it can't think and act at the same time, such as teleporting, or power-copying?

As for intelligence, most of its feats are via Pokedex entries. Our profile says:

Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius. Alakazam is extremely intelligent, smart enough to outperform a supercomputer and perform complex calculations to gain an edge in battles - it is said to have an IQ of 5,000, and never forgets what it learns.

"A Pokémon that can memorize anything. It never forgets what it learns—that's why this Pokémon is smart.", "Its brain cells multiply continually until it dies. As a result, it remembers everything.", '"Its superb memory lets it recall everything it has experienced from birth. Its IQ exceeds 5,000."

"A Pokémon that uses psychic power. It is highly intelligent and capable of instantly identifying its foe's weakness."

"It has an IQ of 5000. It calculates many things in order to gain the edge in every battle."

"Having traded away its muscles, Alakazam's true power has been unleashed. With its psychic powers, it can foresee all things."

If there's ANY time before Lille starts shooting, Mega Alakazam has probably seen it coming & made plans. Also, on the topic of binding abilities, if MA has the ability of its base form, it would have Synchronize, which might be able to force the binding onto Lille as well. Dunno if his spatial intangibility would thwart it, but still.

The real cal howard said:
@Yomi.
You're underestimating Alakazam's, especially Mega Alakazam's, intellect. The second the match starts, Alakazam knows everything Lille will do. And even without that, Alakazam outperforms supercomputers on the daily. He doesn't need to take time to think up strategies, especially when he pretty much has Gilgamesh's SNI.
You need to give more context than that.

How fast is this "supercomputer"? I think its wank to say alakazam will know what lille would do the second the match starts.

Even so,How would alakazam handle Lille's binding? Even if he knew where it will come from he would have no way to dodge or prepare for it as seen with shunsui.

Lille started up with his immobilization when he used jilliel (the form lille is using in this fight) against shunsui,So yes its a go to move.

Also,Can you show proof of alakazam starting up with pre-cog?

This is what's unsavory about pokemon matches,You never know what they do in character

Its always assumptions of "Likely".

Quite literally anything classified as a supercomputer, even in real life, can execute multiple complex algorithms in under a second. Much quicker than raising a gun and firing.

Alakazam's precog comes from simply glancing at his opponent.

Handles the binding by teleporting around.

I'd think, we would assume it's comparable to real life supercomputers. If we assume they're superior to Pokemon world supercomputers, then it's unclear; Pokemon world has PCs that turn living beings into data, & Poke Balls do the same to allow Pokedexes to analyze Pokemon, & they've been doing this since early in the series' timeline. (Oak states the Pokedex records data in G/S.)

Does binding count as a damaging status condition? If so, Magic Guard blocks it, if MA has it. Furthermore, how does binding a psychic help it when MA almost never uses physical techniques & can teleport anyway?

I would assume it starts with its Precognition, given it knows Lille's life just from looking at him, because its pre-evolution senses danger & evades it, regularly because of its Instinct ability: "Instinct:: A Conquest ability. Alakazam's instinct and precog makes it so it swiftly evade attacks."

Because 3-4 of its Pokedex entries document its precognition: "Its hidden psychic power has been unleashed. A glance at someone gives it knowledge of the course of that person's life, from birth to death.", "It sends out psychic power from the red organ on its forehead to foresee its opponents' every move.", "Having traded away its muscles, Alakazam's true power has been unleashed. With its psychic powers, it can foresee all things."

If they start aware of each other, MA probably got a glance & has precognition via that.

And again, we don't know if Lille CAN oneshot Mega Alakazam, given its durability key mentions the psychic barriers aren't bypassed even by something that bypasses & nullifies protection moves. With said barriers, MA has higher durability. Without it, MA's durability is Unknown, & it still has constant healing via Life Force, even if it doesn't use Recover:

Life Force:: A Conquest ability. Alakazam heals every so often.

And if Mega Alakazam can offensively mind-hax or just stares & does a Miracle Eye on Lille to bypass his immunity, it can one-shot him with much more certainty, since it's At Least 6-C vs 7-A.

The real cal howard said:
Quite literally anything classified as a supercomputer, even in real life, can execute multiple complex algorithms in under a second. Much quicker than raising a gun and firing.
Alakazam's precog comes from simply glancing at his opponent.

Handles the binding by teleporting around.
Jilliel Dosent have a gun.It fires multiple X-Axis's from the holes in it's wings and it has no body signs that it will fire

Under A Second? Cool...X-Axis Pierces faster than that.It's instanteneous.

Lille's X-Axis>>>Alaka's thought process speed.

How would pre-cog help him from lille's immobilization? Even if he knew it was coming it would still strike him

Not being stationary wont hinder His immobilization,Shunsui was spamming his Shunpo all the time in the fight and the split-second he was about to do so when lille was in Jilliel he was already binded,I dont see how you can dodge his immobilization,it fires no projectile and the only thing lille did was pretty much look at shunsui.

Yomi is right, this version of Lille doesn't need to make any movements to attack, due to the multiple holes on wings he can simply just fire the X-Axis at will and without warning.

I see teleportation is being used, but that's pretty irrelevant because Lille can also freely teleport as well and fire off the X-Axis simultaneously.

immobilization doesn't affect MA. You would have to attack his mind to stop his movement, it states it many times that he moves via telekenisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back