• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alakazam vs Lille Barro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if it's inappropriate for me to explain in detail, once more, how Mega Alakazam has good reason to win.

Even if it didn't have mind hax, it can just use Miracle Eye to remove immunity to Psychic attacks & then attack Lillie.

Also, it has passive & active healing via Life Force & Recover, respectively, has an alternative means of power copying to Trace via Role Play, & can power null whatever Lille used last with Disable.

Oh & did we mention the literal 5,000 IQ, never forgets anything it learns, performs calculations in battle to gain every edge, the passive mind reading, the danger sensing it would have inherited from being an Abra....

Oh and none of that is from Mega; The Mega reasonably has the previous form's abilities -as Alakazam is highly intelligent, likely remembers previous forms & is a far superior psychic to them- & more.

For example, being able to foresee all of its foe's moves.

Or learning their life from birth to death at a glance.

By the time Lille is thinking "I wanna kill that thing" & deciding to aim, several things have happened:

1.Trace has auto-triggered, per the start of the battle. X-Axis or intangibility likely copied.

2. Since they likely start aware of each other, Mega Alakazam has likely gotten a glance at Lille. Per abilities mentioned above, it has learned Lille's weaknesses and his WHOLE LIFE, plus whatever's in his future, since again, Mega Alakazam learns their life from birth TO DEATH.

3. Mega Alakazam, being superior to base Alakazam, is likely thinking as fast, if not faster than a Supercomputer. Meaning it likely has formulated a plan & evaluated Lille quite thoroughly.

Speed is equalized, yes, but as mentioned earlier in the thread, we don't equalize how fast characters THINK. Reactions, perhaps, but reactions are how fast you physically take action.

Show me something where we have an idiot like Monkey D. Luffy & "world's greatest detective" Batman mentally process information at the same speed; Equalizing thought speed is kind of counter-intuitive to the Intelligence statistic's existence on profiles.

To put it how I see the idea of equalizing thought speed: "You can't be mentally 1 step ahead of your opponent because speed is equalized! There's no way they could plan ahead more or think faster than their opponent!"

Thus, even if Lille DID fire, while it is instantaneous, for all we know, Alakazam has already foreseen the attack coming & planned for it. If it is on target, there's still no guarantee it gets through Alakazam's psychic barriers. Per its durability:

"At least Island level with psychic powers that are always active (Which aren't bypassed by Feint and the like)"

If they aren't bypassed by attacks that bypass Protect & Detect -barrier moves that nullify/block attacks- it's questionable if a barrier bypassing move from someone over 4.3 times weaker than MA will get past.

If they DO get past, Life Force is still passively healing Mega Alakazam, & it can use Disable on The X-Axis & Recover if it survives.

From there, Miracle Eye+Psychic Attack or mind hax.

I'm used to being verbose, & I'm pretty sure it's just repeating several arguments I've already posted in this thread. It's not hard for me to do. Maybe I'm being boastful, but I'm pretty dang tired & typed it up in a hurry 'cause I dunno if the thread is closing soon.

But anyway, ultimately, I just hope my posts were helpful! :)

Can't lille barro just stun alakazum with that unknown ability like he did with shunsui? if so then he can just oneshot while alakazams stunned

Champion234 said:
Can't lille barro just stun alakazum with that unknown ability like he did with shunsui? if so then he can just oneshot while alakazams stunned
It just immobilizes body not stuns brain. All Alakazam needs to use his brain.

@Champion234: Like PaChi2 said, a bit late. But for the sake of being fair & thorough, I feel that concern should be addressed.

And the answer? Well, IMHO, it's... Unlikely to help.

If Mega Alakazam has Alakazam's Abilities... that is, the Abilities that the Alakazam species can have, (All 3 of which are listed on Alakazam's profile here on VSBW, so it may be safe to assume they are applicable:), then Lille's ability runs into at least 1 problem:

• Synchronize: The attacker will receive the same status condition if it inflicts a burn, poison, or paralysis to the Pokémon.
  • Inner Focus: Immune to being flinched.
  • Magic Guard: Can only be damaged by attacks. Outside forces and statis conditions aren't affective.
Supposing that MA has all 3....

If it Paralyzes, Synchronize will make Lille get paralyzed, too.

If it flinches, that doesn't happen because Inner Focus prevents flinching.

And Magic Guard can at the very least, block damage from status conditions.

Not only that, Mega Alakazam is smarter, thinks faster, reads minds & has multiple forms of passive precognition & if it has Abra's abilities (Which it should because evolutionary line.), it's used to reacting to danger by teleporting, creating illusionary copies. It will know this is coming & be able to plan around it.

Also, even if Mega Alakazam only has Trace, since Trace triggers at the start of the battle & copies an opponent's ability, it's possible Lille's intangibility will have been copied. If so, Lille's ability needs to be able to bind opponents with the same kind of intangibility as him to be able to work on MA in such a case.

And finally, if the binding/stunning ability IS dependent on restriction of physical movement, Lille's probably in for an unpleasant surprise. Quoting Alakazam's Pokedex entries :

"Alakazam's brain continually grows, making its head far too heavy to support with its neck. This Pokémon holds its head up using its psychokinetic power instead."

"While it has strong psychic abilities and high intelligence, an Alakazam's muscles are very weak. It uses psychic power to move its body."

"It does not like physical attacks very much. Instead, it freely uses extra-sensory powers to defeat foes."

And from 1 of Mega Alakazam's Pokedex entries:

"As a result of Mega Evolution, its power has been entirely converted into psychic energy, and it has lost all strength in its muscles."

Bottom line? Alakazam & Mega Alakazam, especially, do not really care at all about physical restriction. They have little to no muscle strength; Without their psychic powers, Alakazam at best, struggles to lift its own head, & MA has less muscle strength. In fact it has no muscle strength. "It has lost all strength in its muscles.", you know?

So by necessity, Alakazam & Mega Alakazam, pretty much ALWAYS use their psychic power to move their body. Also, teleportation.

If said psychic power is sufficient to overpower the restrictions on the binding -& Mega Alakazam IS several times higher in raw AP than Lille- then it's probably not gonna be restrained too well. And it'll still be able to teleport.

I wouldn't be confident it would be helpful, & although Lille can't know it wouldn't be the best idea to try, that doesn't stop him from doing so, given he doesn't have advanced knowledge of his opponent.

In the name of arceus. Please dont ask more questions or we'll have a wall of text one-sided war ovo

(Derp, misread your post.) Also, I didn't realize you were a higher-up, PaChi2. Thought you seemed like you should've been one. Regained lost powers, eh? But that's a bit off-topic. Maybe for a message wall.

Can this even be added as a win? via all the descriptions and explanations of Alakazam abilities, it's implied Lille can do nothing and this is a stomp.

Yes it can.

Lille only needs to hit alakazam. But Alakazam wins before that happens.

Lille is not handicaped or in any kind of disadvantage that makes this unfair.

Isn't that what a stomp thread is ? this thread is basically saying Alakazam is untouchable and will win before the battle starts..

Stomp threads are threads in which a character wins without the other one not having a chance to fight and not being able to win if they fought.

Lille can win. He only needs to hit Alakazam. But Alakazam can dodge him and kill him. Like, if alakazam couldnt dodge Lille'd win 100% of the time, so I dont understand why this would be a stomp.

In theory, he might be able to damage MA. Even if we assume he can't get through MA's psychic shields -based on the odd statement in the durability about the psychic defenses that are hard to bypass- a difference of like, 21.5 times MIGHT not be insurmountable, especially with how many shots he can fire.

However, he would still have to deal with Life Force & Recover. Plus, Mega Alakazam would know ahead of time which attacks are coming, & even if it can Disable only 1, could at least Disable the most threatening one immediately after it's hit, supposing it survives, since High Stamina, the aforementioned psychic defenses & unknown durability.

It's also not guaranteed that Trace will copy Lille's intangibility, although I'm not sure what else it would copy.

Although in theory, while The X-Axis is instantaneous, it could be evaded through mind-reading & precognition; If MA knows where Lille will fire ahead of time, it could just teleport/levitate to "safe spots", especially those out of Lille's field of view so that it can act while he adjusts his aim; Supposing he needs correct aim to land a hit, this would thwart it by making it difficult for him to ever have a shot.

Also, supposing mind hax isn't a method of taking out Lille, there arguably is some window of time to act while Miracle Eye is used, as it's used by staring at the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back