• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aku Potential Durability Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Something that came up here, Aku survived a beating from the Goddess of Water without needing to regenerate despite her hitting him with divine attacks. This would mean he has High 6-A durability would it not?

Obviously coming over from the other thread, but I personally think this is fine. Very little that isn't an explicit weakness within the show actually damages him, and his current durability is technically from something he tanked when he was at his absolute weakest, anyway.

Eh I'm not too sure this is exactly the case since the feat in question came in the from of a flash back from some mobster that wasn't even there to know if Aku needed to regen or not. Now you might say the mobster told Aku about his defeat and that's why he is able to tell Jack about this, but I doubt Aku would tell anyone that he in fact beatable especially to a servant of his. So i'm indiferent on what others might have to say about it.

@Narwhal

I don't think the flashback itself was from the mobster's perspective, since it probably wouldn't have had Aku look like such a bitch if it was.

This may or may not be PIS.

Reason I say this is because the Giant Stone Samurai in the finale beat the shit out of him and ripped off his horns, but Aku still managed to harm it pretty badly (and kill all of the robots inside of it) with an attack that was basically made out of himself. It didn't seem like a particularly strenuous task on his part, either.

I have my doubts that the Stone Samurai was High 6-A, but it's pretty much one or the other. Either it scales, or Aku doesn't.

@Azzy: I feel you there. Maybe I'm looking into it wrong and the finale's moment is the one that's PIS. I'unno.

@Weekly: Don't taunt me with things I can't have.

I mean in all honesty, in that scene the samurai punching Aku only seemed to annoy him, the only time he expressed actual pain was when his horns got ripped off and even then he was just irritated and not actually hurt

He still had to regenerate the horns though. I wouldn't have bothered posting the video if it was just Aku getting punched in the face a lot, but the Samurai managing to rip his horns out is what makes me question things to begin with.

That and the fact that his dura scaling to someone like the Goddess seems off to me, being that it's made quite clear how much more powerful than him she is.

EDIT: In the actual "scene" of her beating Aku, we don't even see all that much happen. We just get a trimmed-down animation vaguely showing her driving him off with an attack or two. It's possible she wasn't going all out, and she certainly wouldn't have needed to in order to hand him his ass like she did. Either way, it doesn't seem substantial enough to warrant a major durability upgrade just based on that scene alone.

I'm iffy about this since is similar to Piccolo or Vegeta scaling to a casual Final Frieza [Which is still superior to the Third Form] in Dura because they took punches from him.

Was still mostly a hax-based fight.

Whatever the case, it doesn't matter all that much, since Aku's durability most likely isn't going anywhere at this point.

I think this is fine with his dura honestly

1) He has a country level feat as only a tiny fragment of his current self.

2) He may or may not have drained a planet's oceans

3) High 6-A is a wide tier, the gap between low and high is 6674x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back